PDA

View Full Version : OT: Texas Job

preachermatt83
12-28-2013, 08:21 PM
I am beginning to lean more and more towards believing they are hiring either Jimbo or Gus.. That would explain the delay.. I mean what else could be taking so long? I hope it's Gus.

Bully Dee Williams
12-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I hope it's Gus because I hate Auburn with every fiber of my being.

preachermatt83
12-28-2013, 08:31 PM
As do I Bully Dee

SDDawg
12-28-2013, 08:41 PM
I hope it's Gus because I hate Auburn with every fiber of my being.

The right call, he and his crazy wife would be great at Texas and the Barners would go nuts, win/win.

Pollodawg
12-28-2013, 08:43 PM
If Gus leaves couldn't happen to a more deserving pile of excrement than the Auburn football program.

preachermatt83
12-28-2013, 08:49 PM
nice imagery Pollo!!

CadaverDawg
12-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Let's imagine that it is Gus...who would Auburn go for? The obvious choice is Franklin, but he is in the SEC and could possibly be at PSU by then, so not likely. Freeze?? Again, he's in the SEC, but he plays the snake handling preacher role very very well, and Barners will love that.

Who would they look to outside of the SEC, assuming Slive won't let them steal someone within the conference?

MetEdDawg
12-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Let's imagine that it is Gus...who would Auburn go for? The obvious choice is Franklin, but he is in the SEC and could possibly be at PSU by then, so not likely. Freeze?? Again, he's in the SEC, but he plays the snake handling preacher role very very well, and Barners will love that.

Who would they look to outside of the SEC, assuming Slive won't let them steal someone within the conference?

I would think Al Golden, Mike Gundy, and Art Briles, not necessarily in that order, would be towards the top of that list. Might could even see Cutcliffe or Fedora on that list as well. I think the obvious hire would be Franklin, but as has been discussed before, not sure Slive would let in conference poaching happen, especially since Franklin being at Vandy helps the SEC because it raises the bottom of the conference without really messing up the top of the conference.

starkvegasdawg
12-28-2013, 09:00 PM

Mack brown would be a thunder stealing hire.

bully99
12-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Vandy or the Stanford Coach I believe are two of the leading candidates.

CadaverDawg
12-28-2013, 09:10 PM
I would think Al Golden, Mike Gundy, and Art Briles, not necessarily in that order, would be towards the top of that list. Might could even see Cutcliffe or Fedora on that list as well. I think the obvious hire would be Franklin, but as has been discussed before, not sure Slive would let in conference poaching happen, especially since Franklin being at Vandy helps the SEC because it raises the bottom of the conference without really messing up the top of the conference.

I would welcome all of those guys over Malzahn...except maybe Briles. While the others are strong, they are nowhere near as complex offensively as Malzahn and Briles IMO.

nsvltndog
12-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Names from outside the SEC that could be bantered about include Bobby Petrino, Charlie Strong, Art Briles, Mike Gundy, Dabo Swinney, Ed Orgeron, Mark Hudspeth. Kirby Smart if they go the asst coach route.

Special Ed probably wouldn't get the job, but his style would likely work well on the Plains.

Will James
12-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Names from outside the SEC that could be bantered about include Bobby Petrino, Charlie Strong, Art Briles, Mike Gundy, Dabo Swinney, Ed Orgeron, Mark Hudspeth. Kirby Smart if they go the asst coach route.

Special Ed probably wouldn't get the job, but his style would likely work well on the Plains.

Dabo's holding out for Saban to leave.

Political Hack
12-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Briles, Gus, or an NFL coach would make sense to me at this point.

Coach34
12-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Beautiful Bobby P likely wont get another SEC job

Coach34
12-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Texas is most assuredly talking to Fisher and Malzahn's agents- but they have probably been turned down 3-4 times already. They set their sights a little too high