PDA

View Full Version : WSU AD says no bowl tickets for you (Germans?)

Dawg61
12-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Is this real? WSU AD saved the names of those that sent him negative emails and put them on a no bowl tickets list. Unreal. So he'd rather they bitch to others than to him directly? What a dumbass. Thoughts?

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2013/11/26/wsu-athletic-director-bill-moos-negative-fans-bowl-tickets/

SDDawg
12-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Yes, I have a friend who is a booster there and it's 100% accurate. BTW, they were absolutely devastated by that loss to CSU. I haven't seen a collapse like that in my life, not ever. In hindsight, the AD did those fans and himself a huge favor by blacklisting them. Crazy.

Dawg61
12-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Sounds like career suicide to me

SDDawg
12-28-2013, 07:48 PM

If you saw the game and the way Mike Leach coached, I'd say that he and the AD should be heading for Canada already.

BulldogBear
12-28-2013, 07:50 PM

Yep. Sounds like a guy headed for unemployment.

MSUMatt
12-28-2013, 08:46 PM
At least they are mature.

bulldawg28
12-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Call me crazy but I see nothing wrong with this. You can say whatever you want but consequences happen to everyone. Also, fans these days are losing their damn minds.

starkvegasdawg
12-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Call me crazy but I see nothing wrong with this. You can say whatever you want but consequences happen to everyone. Also, fans these days are losing their damn minds.

You're crazy. No way criticizing the direction a team is going should ban you from going to one of their games. This is an ad acting like a teenage girl on her first period. Just think if state fans were banned. The liberty bowl would be empty.

Bubb Rubb
12-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Lots of rushing to judgement here. I'm sure there's a whole lot more to the story than is being talked about.

nsvltndog
12-28-2013, 09:26 PM
I agree there may be more to the story, but WSU is an interesting place to try this tactic. I'm guessing this isn't a team with a history of selling a mother lode of bowl tickets in their 11 game bowl history unless they end up in the Rose Bowl. They had 27,000 on hand against CSU. Also, the punishment is so severe that folks will likely be forced to buy better seats below face value on stubhub.

CadaverDawg
12-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Well, I may be the only one, but I think fans putting pressure on coaches and programs can be good for them at times. I wouldn't be surprised if the pressure Mullen received this year didn't help him a little bit to get his shit together at the end of the season. (I'm not saying it's the ONLY thing, so don't twist my words)

Obviously, continued pressure and rushing to judgement is not good for a program, but a little pressure in year 5 to provide a sense of urgency, isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO.