PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else hear about that Rice player

Todd4State
12-28-2013, 10:09 AM
That said something like "We're good at football and we have brains"?

Someone's about to be doing one of our players homework.

archdog
12-28-2013, 10:12 AM

I didn't realize that Rice had the same probkem as Harvard. Now I am sure they are easier for dumb football players to qualify than say an engineering nerd. Come on now rice, not to many national merit winners playing safety over there.

archdog
12-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Also, I know some people that graduated from rice and they are pretty much retarded douchebags.

CadaverDawg
12-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Unless I'm throwing it at a wedding....

I pay no attention to Rice

Todd4State
12-28-2013, 01:54 PM
I didn't realize that Rice had the same probkem as Harvard. Now I am sure they are easier for dumb football players to qualify than say an engineering nerd. Come on now rice, not to many national merit winners playing safety over there.

2014 Rhodes Scholars from MSU- 1 Rice- 0.

RC3
12-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Rice is an excellent school. I wouldn't compare to Harvard, but probably about on par with vandy

Coackjek
12-28-2013, 03:42 PM
It's ok to eat. Rice, that is.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-28-2013, 04:25 PM

I would like to see this jock sniffer pass some engineering classes at dear Ol' State.

Joe Schmedlap
12-28-2013, 07:16 PM
than any "SEC conference" member. I know a nurse who sent a son there. The young man was a pretty good DB and had an offer from TCU among several other smaller schools. He started for 1, maybe 2 seasons at Rice. He graduated from Rice in four years and entered law school. Not too shabby. Not to say State doesn't have some smart players. I'm sure we have a few players that could have gotten into Rice. Suffice it to say though that EVERY player at Rice could have met State's academic requirements with one half of their cerebral cortex removed. The Ayers decision is a killa.

Political Hack
12-28-2013, 07:19 PM
we cost less to attend and make more after graduating. They're probably smart enough to be pretty upset about that.

Political Hack
12-28-2013, 07:21 PM
than any "SEC conference" member. I know a nurse who sent a son there. The young man was a pretty good DB and had an offer from TCU among several other smaller schools. He started for 1, maybe 2 seasons at Rice. He graduated from Rice in four years and entered law school. Not too shabby. Not to say State doesn't have some smart players. I'm sure we have a few players that could have gotten into Rice. Suffice it to say though that EVERY player at Rice could have met State's academic requirements with one half of their cerebral cortex removed. The Ayers decision is a killa.

Rice is a great school but kids aren't going there to increase their draft status. they're going for the education. naturally they're going to attract a different type of athlete than State. That said, we'll skull drag them NYE.

Air of The Dawg
12-28-2013, 07:23 PM
I would like to see this jock sniffer pass some engineering classes at dear Ol' State.

:) that deserves a high 5

Joe Schmedlap
12-28-2013, 07:25 PM
I agree with you completely that Rice appeals to a totally different type of student athlete. I also hope you are correct in your prediction that the Bulldogs crush Rice.

gravedigger
12-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Well I guess we can be grateful that the liberty bowl trophy isn't awarded for answering jeopardy questions.

Air of The Dawg
12-28-2013, 07:59 PM
I agree with you completely that Rice appeals to a totally different type of student athlete. I also hope you are correct in your prediction that the Bulldogs crush Rice.
Chill Joe, you got butterflies?