PDA

View Full Version : OM NCAA rumor

Sam&DeansDawg
12-26-2013, 10:42 AM
First of all I'll state I don't know anything about this other than this conversation.

I was just standing in line at Starbucks in Germantown and overheard two gentlemen talking who appreared to be rebel fans/possible boosters(?). I was trying to listen without being obvious but they were talking about a kid OM is recruiting that maybe getting them in trouble with the NCAA. They never said who but also mentioned the ncaa possibly coming to Oxford whenever their next big recruiting weekend is..
I wonder who the kid is (if true)
And has anyone heard anything about this yet?
TIA!

maroonmania
12-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Just have to face it, no school in the SEC has gotten in serious trouble with the NCAA while Slive has been minding the store and I doubt any ever will. The best we can hope for is that enough SEC schools have complained about their over-the-top recruiting tactics that they have been warned to take it down a notch or their SEC protection from the NCAA will be removed.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-26-2013, 11:03 AM
I was just thinking the same thing but with the recruiting year they got last year and possible kids this year there would be enought people looking into them. Who knows tho..

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 11:04 AM
I believe they're going to get hit for past classes, but I expect it to be minor.

Ronny
12-26-2013, 11:35 AM
same guy who thinks Freeze is the scariest thing to hit Oxford since Eli is now posting bullshit he heard in line @ Starbucks.

Here's a hint: The way you are going about this is not going to produce your desired result.

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 11:43 AM
same guy who thinks Freeze is the scariest thing to hit Oxford since Eli is now posting bullshit he heard in line @ Starbucks.

Here's a hint: The way you are going about this is not going to produce your desired result.

not to mention every thread he starts is about OM.

I don't understand OM fans posing as State fans trying to bad mouth OM to prove they're State fans. What's the payoff? They gonna get an invite to a secret meeting or something?

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 11:45 AM
but as long as they're bad mouthing OM, we should let them stay.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-26-2013, 11:46 AM

I don't understand OM fans posing as State fans trying to bad mouth OM to prove they're State fans. What's the payoff? They gonna get an invite to a secret meeting or something?

I've started two threads. That makes me an OM fan? please. Don't put me in that category.

Statecoachingblows**
12-26-2013, 12:03 PM
but as long as they're bad mouthing OM, we should let them stay.

Yessir! That's a band wagon to pile on there!

engie
12-26-2013, 12:07 PM
They are going to get hit about as hard as we did IMO. Bottom line is that it isn't crippling in the immediate sense -- but it does make you walk on egg shells for 6-8 years.

Jack Lambert
12-26-2013, 12:25 PM
They are going to get hit about as hard as we did IMO. Bottom line is that it isn't crippling in the immediate sense -- but it does make you walk on egg shells for 6-8 years.

I know the Redmond punishment was a little over the top but in the long run it paid off for us. I say that because who knows who else the booster gave money to and who else has gotten extra benefits so I think this sent a message to all recruits past, present and future to keep your mouth shut.

RougeDawg
12-26-2013, 12:41 PM
I believe they're going to get hit for past classes, but I expect it to be minor.

I think it will be more than what we got due to the fact that OM was already being looked into before the regime change of lord freezes and Bjiork(sp). They were given warnig under Orgeron and Nutt to tone it down and went full blown stupid with recruiting last year. The NCAA is just waiting until they interview all incidents, and believe me there are a ton to investigate.

I expect some wins vacated, more schollys lost and potentially 1-2 yr bowl ban(but how would this hurt them?). They have basically been flipping the NCAA and rest of SEC the bird the last few years, daring anyone to do anything. I don't expect a slap on the wrist.

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 12:44 PM
I think it will be more than what we got due to the fact that OM was already being looked into before the regime change of lord freezes and Bjiork(sp). They were given warnig under Orgeron and Nutt to tone it down and went full blown stupid with recruiting last year. The NCAA is just waiting until they interview all incidents, and believe me there are a ton to investigate.

I expect some wins vacated, more schollys lost and potentially 1-2 yr bowl ban(but how would this hurt them?). They have basically been flipping the NCAA and rest of SEC the bird the last few years, daring anyone to do anything. I don't expect a slap on the wrist.

I could see some wins vacated, but I don't think Slive will allow a bowl ban. that's primarily reserved for relate offenders despite some self inflicted penalties or the university taking a stance that it will not cooperate with the NCAA.

RougeDawg
12-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I could see some wins vacated, but I don't think Slive will allow a bowl ban. that's primarily reserved for relate offenders despite some self inflicted penalties or the university taking a stance that it will not cooperate with the NCAA.

Bowl ban would be the worst they'd get, but if they pull their normal January shenanigans this year, I wouldn't say its impossible. Some of Those clowns think they are invincible to the NCAA so I'm not thinking every booster will tone it back this year.

Schultzy
12-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Armenia Keteyian says in his book "The System" the NCAA enforcement staff was left demoralized after the Miami debacle and it's a great time to cheat in college football.

Staff leaving for compliance jobs, etcetera.

I hope y'all are right that OM is being forced to dial it back but that's all I'll believe it is til i see otherwise.

quickstrike2
12-26-2013, 03:06 PM
I will only believe they are in trouble when the NCAA does something to them, and even then I don't think it will be much. As far as Ole Miss dialing it back this year, I will have to wait till January to believe that they are. Last year, January is when all the antics went down. Treadwell committed on 1/17 and Tunsil seemed like wadnt really in play for them until January, Chris Jones shit show started in January. Nkemdiche was on board well before January and make alot of noise before January since he was the number 1 recruit in the nation. I'm not saying 5 stars are just going to come running their way like last year, I just want to wait till January to see if they are still up to their antics.

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 04:27 PM
any of y'all know why Hugh Freeze missed practice on Monday, November 11th?

AlSwearengen
12-26-2013, 04:29 PM
any of y'all know why Hugh Freeze missed practice on Monday, November 11th?

baptism to perform? wood to chuck? seriously, what happened on the 11th?

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Hearing it rhymes with skinned-ee-in-apolis.

Coach34
12-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Mighty odd that an SEC coach missed his Monday teleconference and nothing was mentioned about it

Op4isabitch
12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Indiana is not a good place for SEC coaches......ask the Kang and Croom. Also any word if Bjork was there at the same time? That could be very telling!

Todd4State
12-26-2013, 06:48 PM
In thread buy or sell.

Ole Miss won't announce their sanctions and no one will figure it out until they all of a sudden have a recruiting class of 15 players in a year or two. BUY.

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Indiana is not a good place for SEC coaches......ask the Kang and Croom. Also any word if Bjork was there at the same time? That could be very telling!

Bjork wasn't brought up.

LeakyD
12-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Stricklin acts like he's trying to play nice. I would say Bjork is as "all in" as Freeze. He was fully involved in playing the Mullen sound bite over and over at the 2012 Egg Bowl.

maroonmania
12-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Bowl ban would be the worst they'd get, but if they pull their normal January shenanigans this year, I wouldn't say its impossible. Some of Those clowns think they are invincible to the NCAA so I'm not thinking every booster will tone it back this year.

I believe they are invincible myself until I see PROOF of something different. Its well documented that we have been put on probation 3 times since OM got hit way back in the Billy Boozer days. Even though over that time frame OM has reeled in many more high profile coveted recruits, they haven't even had a tap on the wrist much less a slap. Now I realize that much of that was that was because Khayat had the NCAA in his hip pocket but I'm not convinced anything has really changed that much since he stepped down. I'm still not even convinced that there is a truly serious investigation going on with them right now. Time will tell.

codeDawg
12-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Our probation has more to do with our own incompetence in defending ourselves than anything else.

FlabLoser
12-26-2013, 09:28 PM
FIRE BRACKY BRETT.

SDDawg
12-26-2013, 09:40 PM

Can you post the date/time for the next secret meeting?!?

MSUDeltadawg1971
12-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Every 2nd and 4th Monday of the week, 9:30 PM. Meet at the M Club entrance. New attendees must be dressed as a tranny and state which tranny bar Coach 34 frequents and what kind of hat he wears!**

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Can you post the date/time for the next secret meeting?!?

SBW in the LFL. We'll meet y'all there.

SDDawg
12-26-2013, 11:17 PM
SBW in the LFL. We'll meet y'all there.

Dude, if the meeting is with Yancy at a gas station at 2am in Oxford, just say so!!!

Political Hack
12-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Dude, if the meeting is with Yancy at a gas station at 2am in Oxford, just say so!!!

lol. have you ever chased a teenage boy down in the bathroom with a video camera?

SDDawg
12-27-2013, 12:19 AM
lol. have you ever chased a teenage boy down in the bathroom with a video camera?

Sounds like a felony to me.

hells bells
12-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Sounds like a felony to me.

The NCAA is weak as baby piss. TSUN will get nothing. Look at the history, Cam nothing, Univ Miami nothing, USC hurt no death penalties. LSU with Jeffrson nada. Tex AM JMFB no. Your kidding.