PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share with all bulldogs.

John Farley
12-25-2013, 10:42 AM
This is from an article I did with Rodney Guin. He was Dak Prescotts coach in high school. Was dead spot on

Dak is one of the finest young men to come through Haughton High School in the 20 plus years i have been here. On the field he was the ultimate leader. He was never outworked and he set goals for himself that he was determined to reach. Our kids believed in him and played hard behind him. In short he is a winner. He will be an winner in whatever he does in life because of his work ethic. I think we learned a lot about Dak when the pressure of the LSU and TCU offers came in late in the season. He told me that Mississippi St. had been loyal to him from the start and he would be loyal to them. Not many kids from this state would turn down the opportunites he had simply because he knew it was the right thing to do. That's the type of young man he is. Even if he never plays a down of football at State he will be a positive asset to the university.

Coach 57
12-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks John, I can tell that article was taken before he ever took a snap in maroon. He is a once in a generation type kid. This will be fun for anybody who bleeds maroon. He exemplifies what being "True Maroon" is! I think we should all kick back and enjoy the fruits of Dak's labor. It will be fun to watch!

preachermatt83
12-25-2013, 11:08 AM
That literally gave me chills! Sounds a lot like another #15 that used to play for mullen.

BeastMan
12-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Good work John. His HS coach saw what we are seeing from the beginning. Dak is a special guy

I seen it dawg
12-25-2013, 10:05 PM
I've known Guin for awhile and he isn't one to embellish at all. He is speaking the total truth.

BeastMan
12-25-2013, 10:10 PM
I Seen It Dawg (I think), thanks for doing that. Looks much better

hacker
12-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey! Where did the Dontae Walker stuff go? Now I look insane.

BeastMan
12-25-2013, 10:25 PM

Naw. You just look like you randomly googled Dontae, which is odd but better than the thread was.

Political Hack
12-25-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm lost on the Dontae stuff, but am really glad John posted this on Dak. I think we're going to enjoy two plus years of #DakAttack starting in a few days.

ScoobaDawg
12-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Only dontae stuff posted was in the players booing thread so take that there.

Dak will hopefully Never be booed off the field.

Thanks for posting this John. It does say a lot about his character and the type of player we are seeing develop before our eyes