PDA

View Full Version : OM recruiting FWIW

Sam&DeansDawg
12-24-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm "a little" worried with all the depth TSUN is adding to their defense as a whole, but since they are going to TSUN they will all undoubtedly be spoiled, pre-Madonna recruits. I imagine they will all fail out by sophomore year or be kicked off the team for stealing the tip jar from whichever bar those low-life thugs attend these days.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Everybody in the SEC, including us, is adding depth across the board. There are more players than there has ever been, more high schools, and greater population in the South. Furthermore, the SEC schools have dramatically separated themselves from the lower tier conferences.

Outside of the 5 star and high 4 star guys, it is all about talent evaluation, schematic fit, and player development. Look at our 2 deep and tell me if we don't have depth as well.

MSU fans and OM fans need to realize that with all the advantages the SEC has now, neither one of us is likely going to suck again unless it's a terrible terrible coaching job.

All SEC teams are building depth, parity if coming, and the days of MSU, OM, Vandy, etc... being inept are likely over. Neither MSU or OM is leaving the other behind.

Coach34
12-24-2013, 12:29 PM
They are recruiting pretty well- nobody denies that. See you BearShark lurkers- we admit you are recruiting well. BUT:

They are still Ole Miss- so it doesnt matter. All Freezus is doing is keeping them from being shitty. They are still chasing ghosts from the 1960's, hoping to somehow recapture what once was. They are like white people in the South 20 years after the Civil War- still holding out hope they can get things back to the way it used to be instead of realizing those days are gone forever and its time to reinvent yourself.

They are going to do what we do- win 6-8 games per season and hopefully build for that shot at 10 wins. Freezus is making them respectable, but once again, they are Ole Miss- so it's nothing to be worried about. They will continue to win the party alot more than they will win big football games.

CJDAWG85
12-24-2013, 12:29 PM
^^THIS^^

Sam&DeansDawg
12-24-2013, 12:32 PM
With what you just said there.. How long IYO do you think the team going to the SECC from the West will be decided from the Egg Bowl?
@shotgundawg

HereComesTheSpiral
12-24-2013, 12:39 PM
With what you just said there.. How long IYO do you think the team going to the SECC from the West will be decided from the Egg Bowl?
@shotgundawg

How long does Saban plan on being at Bama?

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2013, 12:43 PM

I don't think there is anyway to take a legitimate guess at that. I do think that with current population trends, in 10-15 years the SEC West will consist of 7 teams with basically the same talent level, but that doesn't mean that Bama, Auburn, and LSU will have less talent. It just means that MSU, OM, and Ark will have more.

Bama, LSU, and mostly Auburn have maxed out their recruiting capabilities. Meaning that when you are recruiting in the top 5 every year or so, there is only one way to go unless the human population pool starts producing higher level athletes than it does now.

Therefore, if we agree that the human body has been maxed out in athletic capabilities, then, with population growth, more high schools, and more players, there should be more players that reach that maxed out level of athleticism.

With more super 5 star athletes and as long as the SEC only allows teams to sign 25 players, mathematically OM and MSU have to get more good players.

In order for the Egg Bowl to decide the West, there would still have to be luck since all 7 teams in the SEC West would have similar talent levels, but I would venture to say that in 12-15 years there will be legitimately enough top end players to go around that MSU and OM could have enough talent for luck to allow this happen.

As long as the SEC only allows 25 signees, as long as teams can only play 11 players at a time, and has long as the human body doesn't naturally get bigger, stronger, and faster, it is a mathematical fact that MSU and OM will be gaining on AL, LSU, and Auburn

Sam&DeansDawg
12-24-2013, 12:47 PM
How long does Saban plan on being at Bama?

Well I don't think he's going anywhere now but I'd say 3 more years.

chef dixon
12-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Don't know about deciding the SEC west, but next year we both have a shot of 9 win regular seasons. It would be an awesome big time game if both teams had at least 8 wins going into the Egg Bowl.

Jacksondevildog
12-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Nailed it, Coach.
They are recruiting pretty well- nobody denies that. See you BearShark lurkers- we admit you are recruiting well. BUT:

They are still Ole Miss- so it doesnt matter. All Freezus is doing is keeping them from being shitty. They are still chasing ghosts from the 1960's, hoping to somehow recapture what once was. They are like white people in the South 20 years after the Civil War- still holding out hope they can get things back to the way it used to be instead of realizing those days are gone forever and its time to reinvent yourself.

They are going to do what we do- win 6-8 games per season and hopefully build for that shot at 10 wins. Freezus is making them respectable, but once again, they are Ole Miss- so it's nothing to be worried about. They will continue to win the party alot more than they will win big football games.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Don't know about deciding the SEC west, but next year we both have a shot of 9 win regular seasons. It would be an awesome big time game if both teams had at least 8 wins going into the Egg Bowl.

It would def make it more interesting for sure. I mean, last year and this year were deciding games for bowl eligibility but both having 9 wins entering the egg bowl would be great. Only down side is we have to go to there and play.
I first said BAMA would be down but this class they are brining in scares me more than my mother-in-law. Auburn will still be really good. I say we both beat LSU in close games and Arky is doomed for disaster against the Mississippi Schools. It's gonna be a long spring and summer for this this guy lol

ckDOG
12-24-2013, 01:18 PM
OM has been "recruiting well" for a good part of the last decade. I recommend not worrying about the stars they accumulate bc that's never really been their issue. They sell the party very well there, but there's another edge to that sword and it affects stability and on the field performance.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-24-2013, 01:28 PM
OM has been "recruiting well" for a good part of the last decade. I recommend not worrying about the stars they accumulate bc that's never really been their issue. They sell the party very well there, but there's another edge to that sword and it affects stability and on the field performance.

It's our turn now. We got the best player last year (Jones).

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Just did a spreadsheet to prove my point. Parity in the SEC is coming. 200 should 2000 on the years.

In making this spreadsheet, I assumed that the average high school has 2,000 kids in it, and that 1,000 of those were boys.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2fe7dec33a&view=fimg&th=14325dd22b6a41af&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hplhl3ar0&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ-4jZOUeC8KvWv0tE_en8Arrz6iM0fXJ5nZ3YjiIj0KQbugPDfLf XheJ1tj3Vr8oDrjpbYhVGfp6MA9yBuySF3K8nCp4f2YCr_u745 QG9uOJcQC9gIbPmOvTx8&ats=1387910412204&rm=14325dd22b6a41af&zw&sz=w1488-h627

Goat Holder
12-24-2013, 01:31 PM
I understand your point but it doesn't take a moron to see that Freeze is recruiting better than they ever have. Problem is they never have a supporting cast. They'll have a few stars but never enough to really make that jump. Their class last year was headlined very well, then the rest were just average players they typically get. They'll see a surge, may as well get ready for it, but it won't be drastic. Look at 2009, when Orgeron assembled all that talent, AND a high level QB. Best they could do was two 8-4 seasons. Beating #1 (and the eventual national champ) at their place was nothing to sneeze at, though.

It seems to me like Mullen is on a slower, but steadier track. That may just be wool though. We all know he was gunning for the big fix when he went after Newton to try to win it all. And he definitely flirted with leaving after that year. But hopefully he's got us set up for more than 1 or 2 top end years in a row, maybe we can put together something like South Carolina has done.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-24-2013, 01:34 PM

Yeah, man, I'd much rather have our 3 star QB than their 4 star QB. Also, Treadwell is decent, but I see De'Runnya being every bit the player he is(maybe even better) because our S&D programs. Also, I think the only reason Tony Conner had decent stats is because the rest of their defense is awful.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-24-2013, 01:42 PM
@Goat
Coach O was only good at recruiting. He even said he did the exact opposite at USC than OM. That was a really good team that crashed bc of what they always struggle with (big name terrible coaching). Mullen is on a much straighter road than Hugh. We've hit or speed bumps but were also not Alabama, Tennessee, or Florida (in long range/history).

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-24-2013, 01:44 PM
It would be an awesome big time game if both teams had at least 8 wins going into the Egg Bowl.

I dont know about you, but I would much rather them rolling in with at least 8 losses.

Political Hack
12-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Freeze has hit his ceiling despite how much talent he accumulates. He simply can't outcoach Sumlin, Mullin, Saban, Gus, etc... Hell, even Vandy whipped him last year and almost this year despite a HUGE talent gap between the two schools.

If they're smart, they'll pull the old Ogre move. Let him get some talent because he can recruit and then fire his ass and replace him with a legit coach. They could probably get two back to back New Years Day bowls for the first time in fiddy... um... several years.

Statecoachingblows**
12-24-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't think their recruiting is gonna be problem for us no matter how many stars they get because of their schemes and overall underachievement of those stars. Its kind of like getting a badass sports car with tons of horsepower but not being able to drive a stick.

thejunction1977
12-24-2013, 02:06 PM
When is the last time they have coached up anybody, ever. We all know the answer. Donte moncreef has god given talent but has gotten WORSE each year. No doubt they have some natural talent, but they CANT develop it.

Coach34
12-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Donte moncreef has god given talent but has gotten WORSE each year. No doubt they have some natural talent, but they CANT develop it.

You actually make a decent point with Moncrief. Much better as a Soph than Jr

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm not worried about OM until they put a QB out there that is worth a crap. As more and more parity invades the SEC, it will be just like the NFL, in that, the teams with good QBs will win and the teams with average to poor QBs will not.

Wallace just simply isn't good enough, and who know how good Kinkade will be. As we move forward in this league, your only going to be as good as that position. So you better be able to develop QBs or your not going to win more than 7 or 8 games.

Political Hack
12-24-2013, 04:45 PM
I think Kincaide can be good but they really don't develop their players at all. You can't have that at most spots in the SEC. Outside of recruiting a Cam Newton every once in a while, that's simply not a model for success.

Bully Dee Williams
12-24-2013, 04:52 PM
The thing with Kincaide is his size. I don't know how a guy like that can hold up running that offense in the SEC. Buchanan won't be anything to worry about either. Their qbs don't bother me at all.

OurState
12-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Everybody in the SEC, including us, is adding depth across the board. There are more players than there has ever been, more high schools, and greater population in the South. Furthermore, the SEC schools have dramatically separated themselves from the lower tier conferences.

Outside of the 5 star and high 4 star guys, it is all about talent evaluation, schematic fit, and player development. Look at our 2 deep and tell me if we don't have depth as well.

MSU fans and OM fans need to realize that with all the advantages the SEC has now, neither one of us is likely going to suck again unless it's a terrible terrible coaching job.

All SEC teams are building depth, parity if coming, and the days of MSU, OM, Vandy, etc... being inept are likely over. Neither MSU or OM is leaving the other behind.

This is so true. Reading the recruiting rags / blogs the one constant is guys want to play in the SEC. Recruiting on one level has to be easier than it ever was.

thejunction1977
12-24-2013, 09:01 PM
I don't think their recruiting is gonna be problem for us no matter how many stars they get because of their schemes and overall underachievement of those stars. Its kind of like getting a badass sports car with tons of horsepower but not being able to drive a stick.

THIS!! Just said it better then I can

Coach 57
12-24-2013, 09:58 PM
This is how I see it. Pretty straight forward and honestly both philosophies have strengths and weaknesses. Here's how it sets up.

UM- has what I call the "little Caesar" type players. What's "little Caesars" motto "hot & ready"? They depend primarily on someone else developing the talent coming into Oxford from outside the state. Tredwell like it or not will be a BEAST! He had great coaching in h.s. They developed him & now we see why OSU wanted him so bad. Definitely a BIG find. Nkemdiche too, both if them. Regardless of what is said both are VERY talented players at their positions. Robert has a better upside but it's because he got the better sizes genepool.

Strengths: well already spoken. You will get guys like Wallace, Nkemdiche (both), Tredwell, Tunsil etc etc. they will come in and make immediate impact. The buzz is EARLY on the program as you make the places like ESPN, Rivals & Scouts look GOOD! Early buzz, good for recruiting in the EARLY stages of the game.

Weaknesses: no development is a BIG issue with them. Nkemdiche (Robert) might get a LITTLE better. He is being positional coached by a guy who isn't really a good coach. He's there for the recruiting the "hot & readys" not developing them. Lack of development is a KILLER! All the hype & buzz gained in the beginning starts to lose the luster towards the end. Players start talking to former schoolmates after a time & it kills the program. Plus with the invention of the scholly redux you better make DARN sure your "talent evaluator" is REALLY good! You can't keep missing on guys like Snoop, Tig, Channing & etc etc. It'll catch up to you after a time.

MSU: development & TRUE talent evaluation is the theme here. A great meal takes time . It's the difference between Hardees & Harveys. Or to keep the theme CJs & Little Cs. To make ANYTHING good it takes time for all the stuff to be JUST right.

Strengths: regardless of how things turned out last season we did end up with some good exposer on the next level because of the development. We develop kids from 2*s to NFL draft picks. But it takes the right head guy! We have THE guy regardless of what you people think he WILL be successful here for 1 reason. He has an eye for talent! He may not be the best IN GAME play caller or decision maker sometimes but boy he knows evaluation! Whew! And he has surrounded himself with hungry coaches who CAN & WILL develop these talented kids into NFL picks. But it JUST takes time. The key is to keep reloading with guys who can contribute until the "pizza" is ready. Plus our buzz is starting to be LATE in the year when it matters to these h.s kids. Dan can go into a kids living room and say "with the exception of my first year I have had a 1st rd draft pick EVERY year I've been here. You could be the next."

Weaknesses: time. No buzz is sustainable period. Ohio state was the media darling as well as UF when the season kicked off. Now look at them. Ones and after thought and the other is sitting at the house. But it's better to get buzz late. And it takes time & the right staff of "pizza chefs" to make this thing right. And the biggest problem in this world right now is people want it "your way RIGHT away" (must be hungry with all these fast food sayings). We need to be patient as a fanbase. Now that we've hit this tiny "lull" we'll rise a little. Then in about 2 years simmer again. We just need to be patient. Our QB isn't throwing our coach under the bus & our coach isn't being an egotistical whine bag throwing the WHOLE REASON why you got to a bowl in the first place under the bus. It just takes time. Sorry for the lengthy post but I wanted to put my two pennies on the table.

hells bells
12-24-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm "a little" worried with all the depth TSUN is adding to their defense as a whole, but since they are going to TSUN they will all undoubtedly be spoiled, pre-Madonna recruits. I imagine they will all fail out by sophomore year or be kicked off the team for stealing the tip jar from whichever bar those low-life thugs attend these days.

Great point. Personally, TSUN has wasted more talent, ie, 4-5 star players over the years. Whereas personally I think State has developed 2-3 stars year end and out. I am convinced TSUN following the EB is panicked. Good grief, a redshirt freshman and one armed QB beat you. I read a post earlier that basically said they will now make big mistakes, $$$$$$$$$.

Pollodawg
12-25-2013, 12:11 AM
I agree with Coach 57. It's all about evaluation and finding the kids that fit your system. Now, if you can find a 5* that fits your system perfectly and comes out ready to play, that's awesome. But that's just never going to happen to a team like State consistently. That's why evaluation of talent and development can not be overstated. What fits our offense is power more than anything. That's why our power backs like Dixon and JRob and Shump are going to be better in this system in a lot of ways than a LDP, even though I love and respect Perkins tremendously. But those types of speedy guys can absolutely work when used correctly. Let Holloway and Lewis (who has been awesome for us as of late) get around the edges and that's 10-15 yards before anyone puts a finger on em.

Ronny
12-25-2013, 09:39 AM
..a little worried a team that is 1-4 in the Egg Bowl over the last 5 years is going to do something different this time around.

It's amazing the spell those ****ers in Oxford can cast over MSU fans.

Now a crackpot like Freeze comes along & 90% of the MSU fanbase believes everything he says & does.

hacker
12-25-2013, 10:15 AM
is spelling it "pre-Madonna" a meme or does everybody around here really think it's spelled like that?

Noxdog
12-25-2013, 12:44 PM
is spelling it "pre-Madonna" a meme or does everybody around here really think it's spelled like that?

Years back a poster spelled it that way and thought that was how it was spelled. Of course he was mocked and it's been a running joke for years now.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-25-2013, 01:00 PM
When is the last time they have coached up anybody, ever. We all know the answer. Donte moncreef has god given talent but has gotten WORSE each year. No doubt they have some natural talent, but they CANT develop it.

Yeah last year he's was a stud. I think he still had the most receiving yards this year (I may be wrong) but gawd he seemed like he dropped every pass out of the two games I saw.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-25-2013, 01:07 PM
..a little worried a team that is 1-4 in the Egg Bowl over the last 5 years is going to do something different this time around.
It's amazing the spell those ****ers in Oxford can cast over MSU fans.

Now a crackpot like Freeze comes along & 90% of the MSU fanbase believes everything he says & does.

Whoa there chief! Yes, yes it is 1-4 Egg Bowls but with Freeze it's 1-1. To be honest I thought they were gonna bring more heat then what they did but we also beat an Sec team after playing Bama which had only happened once before us since Bama got back on the winning wagon that they're known for (thanks to Saban). Freeze is the scariest thing I've seen happen in Oxford in my lifetime (besides Eli). Our coaches, team, and fans seem to be all on the right track as far as winning and support and need to stay like that to move forward. We're scaring Freeze and Co. for sure but if you're not a little worried then I want some of what you've had.

TheRef
12-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Whoa there chief! Yes, yes it is 1-4 Egg Bowls but with Freeze it's 1-1. To be honest I thought they were gonna bring more heat then what they did but we also beat an Sec team after playing Bama which had only happened once before us since Bama got back on the winning wagon that they're known for (thanks to Saban). Freeze is the scariest thing I've seen happen in Oxford in my lifetime (besides Eli). Our coaches, team, and fans seem to be all on the right track as far as winning and support and need to stay like that to move forward. We're scaring Freeze and Co. for sure but if you're not a little worried then I want some of what you've had.

Freeze may have been scary before, but now that he has been exposed for the fake of a coach he is, I think we will see the wheels fall off the wagon soon and I am predicting he is, sadly, gone in 3 years.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Freeze may have been scary before, but now that he has been exposed for the fake of a coach he is, I think we will see the wheels fall off the wagon soon and I am predicting he is, sadly, gone in 3 years.

I want him to stay there as long as he can. He can keep getting the 5 star studs and turning them into 3 star ametures (hot head RN). There was another thread up yesterday explaining all the "studs" they got in past years and outside of maybe 2(?) they have been busts. I feel sorry for the kids but it's their fault they go with tsun.

TheRef
12-25-2013, 01:37 PM
I want him to stay there as long as he can. He can keep getting the 5 star studs and turning them into 3 star ametures (hot head RN). There was another thread up yesterday explaining all the "studs" they got in past years and outside of maybe 2(?) they have been busts. I feel sorry for the kids but it's their fault they go with tsun.

I want him to stay too, but TSUN fans will get tired of him not being able to produce and will force him out in 3 years. That's why I said he would be leaving, sadly.

Coach34
12-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Tommy T is the best coach OM has had.

Political Hack
12-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm terrified of Freeze. they should keep him forever. best thing since sliced bread and a preacher to boot...

maroonmania
12-25-2013, 03:07 PM

Freeze scares me less and less as a coach but I'm still a little concerned about the recruiting machine he has going. If he can keep reeling in Top 15 type classes consistently (yet to be determined) it really won't matter how good of an X and O coach he is or how well he develops players, he will still have enough talent to have a formidable team. OM has normally historically recruited better than us (per the rankings) but they have never recruited at a consistent Top 15-20 type level even when Cutcliffe, Orgeron or Nutt were at their peak. Really still hard to judge what he will do long term because his first full recruiting class were just true freshmen this year.

thejunction1977
12-25-2013, 03:42 PM
As long as CDM is here, we will beat the rebears 3 out of 4 times. I'm actually excited about next years shot against Bama. I really think they're taking a step back next year. We will definitely be better.

Coach 57
12-25-2013, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't be too scared of Freeze. He's really an unproven coach that has benefitted from moving to place and not having to face equal talent (or in this case superior talent) on the other side of the ball. All you have to do is stay in a base look, tackle well in space & everybody keep your assignments on defense and you can beat them.

Political Hack
12-25-2013, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't be too scared of Freeze. He's really an unproven coach that has benefitted from moving to place and not having to face equal talent (or in this case superior talent) on the other side of the ball. All you have to do is stay in a base look, tackle well in space & everybody keep your assignments on defense and you can beat them.

he's actually proving to be a poor on the field coach that doesn't handle adversity very well. but hey, he can 'cruit and February championships are all that matter, right???

Coach 57
12-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Lol!

Turner Center All Star
12-26-2013, 09:16 AM

Freeze is Knute Rockne, but he lost to 3 top 8 teams, 2 on the road, tamu by 3 at the buzzer, beat lsu, had 2 good road wins at Vandy and Texas, and lost a rivalry game on the road in OT. Ole Miss had 10 players that earned some form of preseason or post season all sec recognition: Aaron Morris, Jeff Scott, Charles Sawyer, CJ Johnson, Denzel Nkemdiche, Laremy Tunsil, Evan Engram, Cody Prewitt, Serderius Bryant, and Donte Moncrief. Only the last 3 played meaningful snaps against MSU, and all but Tunsil and the last 3 didn't play meaningful snaps from early October on. No one in the SEC except maybe Bama is deep enough to play without 6/7 of their top 10 and not have a serious drop off in production.

Freeze might indeed be a bad coach, time will tell, but I think it's difficult to draw that conclusion from either of his two seasons at ole miss, especially given what he inherited from Nutt.

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Freeze is Knute Rockne, but he lost to 3 top 8 teams, 2 on the road, tamu by 3 at the buzzer, beat lsu, had 2 good road wins at Vandy and Texas, and lost a rivalry game on the road in OT. Ole Miss had 10 players that earned some form of preseason or post season all sec recognition: Aaron Morris, Jeff Scott, Charles Sawyer, CJ Johnson, Denzel Nkemdiche, Laremy Tunsil, Evan Engram, Cody Prewitt, Serderius Bryant, and Donte Moncrief. Only the last 3 played meaningful snaps against MSU, and all but Tunsil and the last 3 didn't play meaningful snaps from early October on. No one in the SEC except maybe Bama is deep enough to play without 6/7 of their top 10 and not have a serious drop off in production.

Freeze might indeed be a bad coach, time will tell, but I think it's difficult to draw that conclusion from either of his two seasons at ole miss, especially given what he inherited from Nutt.

so keeping your good players on the field isn't part of coaching now?

Injuries can't be avoided but let's not pretend like CJ's just rehabbing from an injury here. Also, your count is off. Denzel and Tunsil played, although we knocked Tunsil out of the game. Meanwhile we played with a 3rd string true freshman QB in his first start ever for 3 quarters. We also had a safety running around on a bum knee taking every ball that was in his vicinity. Let's not leave out Malone, Quay, Nick, Jiles, etc... Since we're blaming the game on absentee players.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-26-2013, 09:55 AM
I smell Bear Breath

engie
12-26-2013, 10:17 AM
We didn't play expected major contributors in the Egg Bowl:
Tyler Russell
Quay Evans
Nick James
Jay Hughes
Dee Arrington
Ferlando Bohanna
Brandon Hill
Cedric Jiles
Justin Malone
Fred Ross
That's 5 4 and 5*s that were out for us -- for you star gazers.

OM is recruiting very well -- and there is no reason to deny that or try to downplay it.

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 10:20 AM
I smell Bear Breath

you smelled bear breath.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-26-2013, 10:26 AM
you smelled bear breath.

He gone fo sho

messageboardsuperhero
12-26-2013, 10:26 AM

Tunsil played for at least the first 25 minutes, and I know D. Nkemdiche played in the Egg Bowl- that's not playing meaningful snaps?

We had a bunch of injuries too- Jiles, Hughes, Malone, Bohanna, Tyler Russell, Jeremy Chapelle, Nickoe (played on one leg), Dak Prescott (didn't play until the last 10 minutes), etc. Do you honestly think UM is the only team with players banged up?

We'll see about Freeze- he needs to focus more about finding and developing some O-Linemen, and he really needs to make some schematic adjustments offensively.

Coach34
12-26-2013, 10:56 AM
What just happened in this thread is the best example of why we don't allow the OM spin machine over here. Turner Center All-Star was making excuses about losing players- like they were the only school that lost alot of important players.

Bottom line is OM didnt score an offensive TD vs State or Alabama this year, and only one against Mizzou. And those teams had 3 of the better DL's in the SEC

Sam&DeansDawg
12-26-2013, 11:07 AM
What just happened in this thread is the best example of why we don't allow the OM spin machine over here. Turner Center All-Star was making excuses about losing players- like they were the only school that lost alot of important players.

Bottom line is OM didnt score an offensive TD vs State or Alabama this year, and only one against Mizzou. And those teams had 3 of the better DL's in the SEC

Yeah, their OL was a bunch of fatties on the inside and when Tunsil went down I knew they had no chance. Any team with a good interior DL could break havoc on them.

Ronny
12-26-2013, 11:28 AM

male genitalia. They are not going to do shit with their recruits except go 8-4 their lucky years.

Ole Miss recruiting is always the recipient of the best hype machine in the country.

And the people most receptive to their hype machine is, of course, MSU fans.

edit to add: "Freeze is the scariest thing I've seen happen in Oxford in my lifetime (besides Eli)."

I hope mommy got you a night lite for Christmas.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-26-2013, 11:44 AM
You're an idiot. But carry on.

Coach 57
12-26-2013, 11:49 AM
This guy has got to be a bear to not see almost every team in the SEC got hit with injuries. C34's right on the money! The DL play of those teams mentioned in his post are the reason their offense struggled. And guess what, our kids on that front are ALL coming back with exception of Autry. From left to right we will be strong yet again. It all starts with them. And no matter how you spin it, they will struggle again next year.

Look at it this way, I once heard the great Ray Lewis say "the most adaptive thing on the planet is a good defensive coordinator." With the addition of Tredwell to their roster they STILL struggled mightily against REALLY good defenses. Now they lose their deep threat in Moncrief and the defensive looks Tredwell saw this year will be more difficult for him to address as a player and harder for their coaches on offense to adjust to. Moncrief made there offense work by stretching the field. Watch Tredwell's numbers drop this year! Is it because he is LESS of a player? No, he's a heck of a talent! It'll be because of the talent around him! Bo's INT numbers will balloon this year too because of it as well. They'll try to work the middle if the field more with the freshman TE that is really good. But if the correct throws aren't made you are throwing into the mesh of safeties.

Coach 57
12-26-2013, 11:54 AM
And another thing to Mr. Turner.

If Dak Prescott was truly healthy the entire game we BLOW your bears OUT in the Egg Bowl! Period!

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 01:00 PM
he named himself Turner Center all star. that's OM's Sanderson Center. he wasn't hiding the fact that he was a bear.

Todd4State
12-26-2013, 01:19 PM

He beat Texas the week they fired their DC. I guess good timing is part of being a good coach now.

Schultzy
12-26-2013, 02:59 PM
male genitalia. They are not going to do shit with their recruits except go 8-4 their lucky years.

Ole Miss recruiting is always the recipient of the best hype machine in the country.

And the people most receptive to their hype machine is, of course, MSU fans.

edit to add: "Freeze is the scariest thing I've seen happen in Oxford in my lifetime (besides Eli)."

I hope mommy got you a night lite for Christmas.

I agree with Ronny.

biggun
12-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Freeze scares me less and less as a coach but I'm still a little concerned about the recruiting machine he has going. If he can keep reeling in Top 15 type classes consistently (yet to be determined) it really won't matter how good of an X and O coach he is or how well he develops players, he will still have enough talent to have a formidable team. OM has normally historically recruited better than us (per the rankings) but they have never recruited at a consistent Top 15-20 type level even when Cutcliffe, Orgeron or Nutt were at their peak. Really still hard to judge what he will do long term because his first full recruiting class were just true freshmen this year.

This. If they continue to bring in top talent, especially OL and DL elite talent, then a monkey could coach them to 8 wins a year and despite what others keep saying about Freeze, I don't think he has been proven to be anywhere near a bad coach after his first 2 years, not even close. I love wearing maroon shades at times, especially the 2nd half of our disastrous 2012 season, but some of you need to take a step back in regards to Freeze, pizza comparisons, where we are, and our recruiting!!

We were just forced to take a commitment from a Conference USA OL recruit due to our continued struggles recruiting quality high school OL!!! And yes, stars do matter most of the time, especially on the OL and DL. Look at Chris Jones, without him we don't win the Egg Bowl and honestly have any pass rush at all. Gabe Jackson had an LSU offer. We need to recruit better in the trenches or else, our DL class so far is average, really below average to be honest. Just trying to bring some levity to the discussion

Political Hack
12-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Chris Jones was an unheard of two star going into his Sr season. The only reason he blew up was because StTe was unable to keep his camp performace quiet and off the radar.

Our best OL commits have been low star guys... Gabe, Day, Malone, Clausell, etc... Compare that to Damien Robinson and James Maiden.

Coach 57
12-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Stars don't always mean everything. There are kids who are in smaller areas (rural) that don't get recognition other highly traditional schools do. I just coached a kid @ RB/MLB that is FINALLY getting props on the JUCO level that will transition into bigger D1 school offers. After going to a JUCO team that'll compete in the JUCO NC and him being a big part of it the offers will pour in. He can't help he played in a small school, in a small town that's not a traditional power. I guarantee if he had played in Meridian, Brandon, Starkville, South Panola he'd be a 4 star EASY! But instead he was a 2*. Stars are so misleading! And you don't know what you talking about either. There are studs on both OL & DL that were VERY underrated kids!

thejunction1977
12-26-2013, 08:19 PM
And another thing to Mr. Turner.

If Dak Prescott was truly healthy the entire game we BLOW your bears OUT in the Egg Bowl! Period!

This is the normal thinking on some other site though. Either it's overrun with rebears or they're scared of Freezes shadow over there. We OWN ole miss, let's move on to BAma and LSU

FlabLoser
12-26-2013, 09:35 PM
I hope one day the recruiting sites get hit with big ass lawsuits for grossly misrepresenting the quality of high school athletes. The key term being "grossly". Its one thing to have a subjective disagreement or a subjective inaccuracy. It is something else to declare obviously elite athletes as well below average.

SDDawg
12-26-2013, 10:01 PM
We OWN ole miss, let's move on to BAma and LSU

Exactly, Ole Miss fans are imploding and not even the "stars" can keep them happy. If Freeze doesn't win more than 7 games next year, he'll be run out of town. Can't wait to watch. :)

SDDawg
12-26-2013, 10:08 PM
We were just forced to take a commitment from a Conference USA OL recruit due to our continued struggles recruiting quality high school OL!!! And yes, stars do matter most of the time, especially on the OL and DL. Look at Chris Jones, without him we don't win the Egg Bowl and honestly have any pass rush at all. Gabe Jackson had an LSU offer. We need to recruit better in the trenches or else, our DL class so far is average, really below average to be honest. Just trying to bring some levity to the discussion

No way, we weren't "forced" to do anything. We've been on this kid all year and just needed to see if the numbers worked out. He's a 3 star kid, doesn't have a ton of visibility but he fits our mold and has the skills that we need to develop. OM has a shitload of 3 stars (at least 10) on their board and no one is bitching about them as "C-USA players". I'm so tired of this line of BS.

Coach 57
12-27-2013, 07:20 AM
I'm with you randy, these MSU "fans" are so brainwashed by the Ole Miss hype machine it isn't funny.