PDA

View Full Version : Can Kentucky beat Ole Miss in Oxford and help us out

CadaverDawg
04-24-2013, 09:26 PM
even after the heart breaking, pitching depleting, loss in 18 innings last night?

We need them to take 2 from the Rebs.

Also, Coach don't forget to throw some odds up for that Thursday night game if you're planning to. Thanks.

msstate7
04-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Kentucky throwing 3 lefties. Ole miss doesn't hit lefties. Kentucky wins 2

601Dawg
04-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Kentucky also saves their ace for Sundays, so I feel they have a good chance of winning 2 vs OM

Todd4State
04-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Wet blanket- Kentucky also typically doesn't play as well away from Lexington. It's mainly their bats that struggle though.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ole Miss at the moment though. They have to play at Auburn, then play us, and then finish with LSU. They also have a road game with USM in Hattiesburg thrown in there, and I think they could lose that.

I was hoping that Raffo's team would win at home and just about put them away. Oh well.

CadaverDawg
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Wet blanket- Kentucky also typically doesn't play as well away from Lexington. It's mainly their bats that struggle though.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ole Miss at the moment though. They have to play at Auburn, then play us, and then finish with LSU. They also have a road game with USM in Hattiesburg thrown in there, and I think they could lose that.

I was hoping that Raffo's team would win at home and just about put them away. Oh well.

I definitely see what you're saying, but barring a strange weekend, they will be ahead of us in the standings after this weekend. And just like they have to play Auburn, us, and LSU....we have to play them, Bama, and USC, so there's always a chance that they could jump us for a host spot. A great Friday guy can be the great equalizer, and they have one. That tells me that they likely have at least 3 more SEC wins just with Wahl, mix in a few more and they will be sitting at 16-14 or better. Our series with them will be huge, and it's in Oxford.

I think I may be the only one that sees the potential for them to steal our spot, and I do not want that to happen. I am really hoping Kentucky helps us out by taking two from them this weekend. If we win our series with Vandy, then it likely doesn't matter what OM does anymore though.

Spider-Man
04-25-2013, 09:05 AM
I definitely see what you're saying, but barring a strange weekend, they will be ahead of us in the standings and possibly overall record after this weekend. And just like they have to play Auburn, us, and LSU....we have to play them, Bama, and USC, so there's always a chance that they could jump us for a host spot. A great Friday guy can be the great equalizer, and they have one. That tells me that they likely have at least 3 more SEC wins just with Wahl, mix in a few more and they will be sitting at 16-14 or better. Our series with them will be huge, and it's in Oxford.

I think I may be the only one that sees the potential for them to steal our spot, and I do not want that to happen. I am really hoping Kentucky helps us out by taking two from them this weekend. If we win our series with Vandy, then it likely doesn't matter what OM does anymore though.

So far with Cohen, that doesn't mean anything. I see your concern Cadaver, but I think we have a very good and focused baseball team. Something that at the moment, OM doesn't have. I would not be surprised if they lose two to UK this weekend. I think they lose two when they travel to Auburn. I expect them to implode as the season progresses. I think this is their last chance for a series win.

CadaverDawg
04-25-2013, 09:09 AM
So far with Cohen, that doesn't mean anything. I see your concern Cadaver, but I think we have a very good and focused baseball team. Something that at the moment, OM doesn't have. I would not be surprised if they lose two to UK this weekend. I think they lose two when they travel to Auburn. I expect them to implode as the season progresses. I think this is their last chance for a series win.

I hope you're right. A team coming off of two SEC sweeps doesn't seem like a team lacking focus though. Granted, it was against Bama and Tennessee, but still. What some of you guys say is a team ready to falter, looks more like a team hitting their stride to me.

Obviously what WE do is going to overall determine what happens, but I feel like the last 3 series are fairly equal for us and Ole Miss, but they will have a SEC lead going into them if things play out like expected this weekend.

I think that's why I am so interested and anxious to see what this weekend holds for us and Ole Miss. We could put them away with a series win at Vandy and a Kentucky series win....but we all know that isn't very likely. Possible though

Spider-Man
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
I hope you're right. A team coming off of two SEC sweeps doesn't seem like a team lacking focus though. Granted, it was against Bama and Tennessee, but still. What some of you guys say is a team ready to falter, looks more like a team hitting their stride to me.

Obviously what WE do is going to overall determine what happens, but I feel like the last 3 series are fairly equal for us and Ole Miss, but they will have a SEC lead going into them if things play out like expected this weekend.

I think that's why I am so interested and anxious to see what this weekend holds for us and Ole Miss. We could put them away with a series win at Vandy and a Kentucky series win....but we all know that isn't very likely. Possible though
If they sweep UK, I'll be concerned. Right now they are benefiting from a weak SEC schedule. I expect UK to play them well. They have better pitching than both Alabama and especially Tennessee.

CadaverDawg
04-25-2013, 09:15 AM
If they sweep UK, I'll be concerned. Right now they are benefiting from a weak SEC schedule. I expect UK to play them well. They have better pitching than both Alabama and especially Tennessee.

True. I would feel great if UK could pick up the W against Wahl tonight.

Ronny
04-25-2013, 10:24 AM
..is in its own hands.

MSU currently has the 3rd best RPI in the SEC. When you have the 3rd best RPI in the SEC on April 25th, the only people you are depending on from here on out is your own coaches & team mates.

Moving forward, that pretty much places the burden on MSU alone...from now until the end of the regular season, don't start acting stupid in the field, on the bases & at the plate & we will not need shit from Ole Miss.

Coach34
04-25-2013, 10:34 AM
..is in its own hands.

MSU currently has the 3rd best RPI in the SEC. When you have the 3rd best RPI in the SEC on April 25th, the only people you are depending on from here on out is your own coaches & team mates.

This all day

The only thing that affects us in what they do is the 3 games we play against them

State82
04-25-2013, 11:43 AM
I definitely see what you're saying, but barring a strange weekend, they will be ahead of us in the standings after this weekend. And just like they have to play Auburn, us, and LSU....we have to play them, Bama, and USC, so there's always a chance that they could jump us for a host spot. A great Friday guy can be the great equalizer, and they have one. That tells me that they likely have at least 3 more SEC wins just with Wahl, mix in a few more and they will be sitting at 16-14 or better. Our series with them will be huge, and it's in Oxford.

You are not the only one CD. I think the potential is definitely there for UM to back door a host spot, but I like our chances a little better than theirs right now. I tell you another team I am a little concerned with and that is UF. They are right there with UM in rpi, #1 SOS that is expected to remain there, and the last 4 series being at home against UT and AU and on the road at LSU and UGA. Their overall record is pretty mundane but they could make a jump in rpi before the season is over. They are 9-1 in their last 10 I believe. But, again, at least we don't have to depend on anyone but ourselves. It's there for the taking if we want it bad enough.

M.Fillmore
04-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Sweeps are great, road sweeps are fabulous for any team, but the last two weeks OM has been living off opposing teams imploding; bama issued 8 BBs in two innings, Tennessee melts down with BB and error in 9th. Sooner or later this stuff regresses back to the mean. Much of the resulting past two sweeps have been from the opponent losing more than OM winning.