PDA

View Full Version : Godfrey's Eggbowl article

bully99
12-23-2013, 10:24 PM
A couple of things bugged the hell out of me. Godrey ridiculed States uniforms when most people thought they looked pretty good.
Then he says the eggbowl trophy is a "poorly constructed golden football ",That's just a dumbass statement who has no clue about what he's talking about. The trophy was made in 1927 like the footballs were in that era. Footballs were oval, egg shaped with rounded ends. The term eggbowl didn't come along til much later. How does a guy who grew up in Mississippi and went to OM not have a clue. I think the trophy is one of the better looking in the country, especially since they got rid of the ugly square block of wood. Godfrey get a clue Rebel.

What really pissed me off was once again at the end of the article was Scott Stricklan apologizing for being Mississippi State. The marketing Dept. Put up a won the day slogan on the video board after the eggbowl and Stricklan said he didn't approve of it and they need approval in the future for what they put up there. Disgraceful.
When the hell are we gonna get a Athletic Director who will quit bending over. Stricklan is a damn joke.

Thick
12-23-2013, 10:32 PM
It's Stricklin!

engie
12-23-2013, 10:38 PM
If you took any of that personally, you missed the point of the article. It was simply to ridicule the stereotypes of both programs... Basically none of it was meant to be factually accurate -- just based in enough reality to troll as many people as possible...

Political Hack
12-23-2013, 10:40 PM
they lost. of course he's going to diminish the egg bowl. and of course our AD is going to apologize.

missouridawg
12-23-2013, 10:45 PM
If you took any of that personally, you missed the point of the article. It was simply to ridicule the stereotypes of both programs... Basically none of it was meant to be factually accurate -- just based in enough reality to troll as many people as possible...

Godfrey isn't from Mississippi (and neither am I).... and when I read the article, it felt to me like he was talking down to whole damn state... as if he's too good to consider himself 'one of them'.

engie
12-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Godfrey isn't from Mississippi (and neither am I).... and when I read the article, it felt to me like he was talking down to whole damn state... as if he's too good to consider himself 'one of them'.

Hence how the troll was equal for both programs...

Goat Holder
12-23-2013, 11:08 PM
I thought he was from Jackson....NWR

bully99
12-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Steven Godfrey is a graduate of Northwest Rankin High School in Brandon, Mississippi and the University of Mississippi in Oxford Mississippi. Is that a good enough Mississippi history for you.

Stricklan, Stricklin or Strickland, it's still another bend over moment for our wonderful AD.

FlabLoser
12-23-2013, 11:18 PM
He misrepresented the history of the trophy.

Our AD apologized for a witty comment on the video board. Scott is completely incompetent with all things video board related. He has consistently prevent that.

Godfrey called the game an upset. News flash: the home team almost always wins the Egg Bowl regardless of what the matchup or the Vegas line looks like.

CooterDavenport
12-23-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Godfrey spent most of his childhood in Georgia before moving to Mississippi.

Jack Lambert
12-24-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm pretty sure Godfrey spent most of his childhood in Georgia before moving to Mississippi.

He is still a dumb ass and I don't read anything he writes. Also if he is on a radio sport talk show I tune out. He is terrible.

CooterDavenport
12-24-2013, 08:38 AM
He is still a dumb ass and I don't read anything he writes. Also if he is on a radio sport talk show I tune out. He is terrible.

Ok. I'll let him know, I guess?

Sam&DeansDawg
12-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Godfrey is a huge troll. When my cousins were at ole miss they were in fraternity's and they hated hiss ass bc he made fun of Greek life so much. He just loves to under people's skin and is good at it. See this thread.

bluelightstar
12-24-2013, 07:59 PM
I've noticed that a lot of people missed the point

FlabLoser
12-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Godfrey is awesome. I think he'll eventually be nation writer for a big name something.