PDA

View Full Version : With olemiss signing Hampton and Jones at safety,

AlSwearengen
12-23-2013, 10:10 PM
does that help us with the Safety from bassfield next year? I saw where we are supposedly sitting in pretty good shape with him and his mother as it is.

Coach34
12-23-2013, 10:21 PM
it certainly doesnt hurt

mic
12-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Freeze and Co. probably cant use "the come here and you will start as a frosh card" that they seem to use all the time..

engie
12-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Freeze and Co. probably cant use "the come here and you will start as a frosh card" that they seem to use all the time..

They are starting to accumulate pretty good depth. People forget about Anthony Alford who is going to play safety for them as well and is a ridiculously good athlete...

thejunction1977
12-23-2013, 10:36 PM
They are starting to accumulate pretty good depth. People forget about Anthony Alford who is going to play safety for them as well and is a ridiculously good athlete...

The problem with this is that they will not in any way be able to coach these kids up. All the talent in the world won't do anything without coaching. They probably had more STARS on the filed then we did this year. But we had a COACHING plan.

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Did I miss OM for sure signing Jones?

How upset could LSU possibly be with an 18 year old kid who is a good player?

engie
12-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Did I miss OM for sure signing Jones?

How upset could LSU possibly be with an 18 year old kid who is a good player?

How many safeties do they need to take in a class?

They are already going to get #2 and #3 safeties in the country to go along with #16 and #32. That's 4 safeties either currently committed or expected to commit to LSU without even bringing Hootie into the discussion.

They are in a position that they don't have to take assholes that talk crap about their program in the media before being dropped by Saban...

messageboardsuperhero
12-24-2013, 02:50 AM

UM does have pretty good looking depth at some positions for the future (Safety, WR, some at DL and LB), but at the same time, they still have significant holes at others (OL and CB, particularly).

Honestly, the most important recruit in UM's current class from an immediate impact standpoint is probably Fahn Cooper- they desperately need a good OL who can step in and start right away. Based on what I've seen, Justin Bell is awful and just ain't cutting it.

Rick Danko
12-24-2013, 08:44 AM
deleted-nevermind, saw it in the other thread

defiantdog
12-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Jamal Peters may be a hell of a player, but he lives for the spotlight. I would love to get a talent like that at MSU, but at the same time, we don't need another Quay situation. I'm perfectly ok with these humble players like Calhoun who play to prove something.

Look at OM right now and all their "stars" on their team. All they care about is themselves.... and we don't need character issues like that in Starkville.

If Peters is truly a humble guy then I say let's get him. If not, let him join the ranks of Hootie, Hampton, Paidwell, and the rest of the dumpster fire in 2015.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-24-2013, 01:24 PM
They might be in the spotlight but we're doing what we need to do and that's to fill our positions with the type of players we can actually use. Those idiots are just trying to make it on the first page of ESPN again. Just watch