PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee processes 3 players- more to come

Coach34
12-23-2013, 06:31 PM
"We have three individuals we have signed their releases, Paul Harris, Tino Thomas and Tom Smith," Jones said. "We have allowed them to explore further options."

Harris, a true freshman wide receiver from Accokeek, Maryland played in five games for the Vols this season. He caught one pass for 15 yards in the season opener.

Thomas, a defensive back, signed with Tennessee out of Memphis in 2011 as a grayshirt. He redshirted in 2012 before appearing in three games for the Vols this season on special teams.

Smith, a redshirt sophomore running back out of Apopka, Florida carried the ball 24 times this season, mostly in games that had already been decided. He redshirted last season.

Jones indicated more roster turnover could be coming. The Vols will welcome 14 early enrollees in early January, before the additional 20 or so members of the 2014 class enroll in June.

"As we all know the world of college football is ever changing," Jones said of the roster.

We have a little of that coming ourselves I would think

Political Hack
12-23-2013, 06:51 PM
yeah, I believe so.

Good news is that Quay is not definitively one of them... could be, but still TBD.

HoopsDawg
12-23-2013, 07:18 PM
14 early enrollees, wow!

You have to manage your roster well and make tough decisions. Mullen probably has the lowest turnover rate in the conference.

Dawg61
12-23-2013, 09:18 PM
The Vols have 33/34 commits. That's 40% of the 85 scholarship roster. They will have to move lots of players I'd imagine.

FlabLoser
12-23-2013, 09:20 PM
They probably don't need Jason Croom. Come on down.