PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell- With no Russell in the gameplan for the bowl game....

Coach34
12-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Mullen makes a couple of changes in the run game- including more 2 back sets. Thoughts?

Thick
12-23-2013, 06:22 PM
I would hope that we would do some things differently on both sides of the ball, but offensively it would benice to see a wild dawg look with Jameon at the helm. I would hope to see some power plays out of the diamond formation, maybe even a sweep. You never know with Dan.

Drugdog
12-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Buy.

War Machine Dawg
12-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Mullen makes a couple of changes in the run game- including more 2 back sets. Thoughts?

Would love to see this, so long a 7 is the FB. He's earned a role to get him onto the field more often, even if he isn't the prototypical FB body.

Goat Holder
12-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Sell. I think if Mullen felt like we had the proper personnel to do this, he'd have done it already.

But I will say, if there is definitely one thing that will improve now that we have nothing but dual threat QBs, it's the streamlining of the playbook for all of them. And I'd venture to say play-calling is suddenly going to be seem much better although it's really just more of a better job of execution. Concentration will get better n shit.

Barking 13
12-23-2013, 08:24 PM

please, santa?

Coach34
12-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Sell. I think if Mullen felt like we had the proper personnel to do this, he'd have done it already.

We have the proper personnel now that part of the game plan is thrown in the garbage and the non-mobile QB is eliminated from the equation

blacklistedbully
12-23-2013, 08:45 PM
I think we needed a 2-back set more with TR. DP is such a strong runner, having a 1-back set won't hurt us as much, Still, I'd love to see some diamond-formation. In fact, I think it'd be fun as hell to see some good old-fashioned triple-option mixed in, ala Bellard circa early 80's.

Know we don't need to, but I just think it'd be fun to see what we could produce.