PDA

View Full Version : Job Question

MetEdDawg
12-23-2013, 04:24 PM
For those of you that may be involved with the university more than I am or that have more knowledge on job stuff, this is for you. Does MSU have any extension service jobs or any other types of jobs in other states besides Mississippi?

I'm about to move back to Birmingham from Auburn (thank goodness), and I just really feel like I want to work for MSU in some way. I'm not a huge fan of working public school and just want to see what kind of options there are. I will probably never live in Mississippi, so I feel like the chances of me ever working for MSU are remote, but I figured I would ask just to see what kind of options, if any, exist for me. I've got a Masters in education and a BS in Geoscience (Meteorology) from MSU and just wanted to know if there were any options to work for MSU in some way outside of the state of Mississippi. Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give.

TheRef
12-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Check here. Any job postings for the University will be posted here including for extension and MAFES.

https://www.jobs.msstate.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1387833908780

Goat Holder
12-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Not sure about any jobs, but we need to work on the Alumni Association chapter in Birmingham. We should be heavily recruiting in that city, for students and student-athletes. Way too many State grads there for it to be as quiet as it is.

MSUDeltadawg1971
12-23-2013, 08:51 PM
No, there are no Mississippi extension jobs outside of Mississippi. Each state has their own land grant institution, Auburn is Alabama's.

Dawgowar
12-23-2013, 08:57 PM
For those of you that may be involved with the university more than I am or that have more knowledge on job stuff, this is for you. Does MSU have any extension service jobs or any other types of jobs in other states besides Mississippi?

I'm about to move back to Birmingham from Auburn (thank goodness), and I just really feel like I want to work for MSU in some way. I'm not a huge fan of working public school and just want to see what kind of options there are. I will probably never live in Mississippi, so I feel like the chances of me ever working for MSU are remote, but I figured I would ask just to see what kind of options, if any, exist for me. I've got a Masters in education and a BS in Geoscience (Meteorology) from MSU and just wanted to know if there were any options to work for MSU in some way outside of the state of Mississippi. Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give.

In Texas myself, but could not help but think you could do the Special Teams Coordinator Job online and likely get us a better result if you did it full-time. Good luck with the new gig.

Jack Lambert
12-23-2013, 09:46 PM
When and where ever you interview don't fart during the interview.