PDA

View Full Version : College Football Playoff

GTAdawg
04-24-2013, 07:26 PM
So most of the detailed plans of the college football playoff has been laid out today. Must say on paper it seems like a really great idea. I think keeping the playoff small to 4 teams still puts a premium on each game in the regular season. The rotational semis(only 2 a year) are between the Peach, Sugar, Rose, Orange, Fiesta, and Cotton bowls. The only question I have is how does it effect the SEC when the Sugar, Peach, and Cotton bowls are semis for a particular year? Granted its almost a lock the SEC will have 1 team at least in the playoff, but how will effect the pecking order of other conference bowls?

Political Hack
04-24-2013, 08:44 PM
I would anticipate those bowls getting two games those years.

Quaoarsking
04-24-2013, 08:49 PM
I would bet a large sum of money that it will be 8 teams by 2020, which also still puts a high premium on the regular season, especially if the 1st round is at the higher seed's home.

engie
04-24-2013, 09:27 PM
So most of the detailed plans of the college football playoff has been laid out today. Must say on paper it seems like a really great idea. I think keeping the playoff small to 4 teams still puts a premium on each game in the regular season. The rotational semis(only 2 a year) are between the Peach, Sugar, Rose, Orange, Fiesta, and Cotton bowls. The only question I have is how does it effect the SEC when the Sugar, Peach, and Cotton bowls are semis for a particular year? Granted its almost a lock the SEC will have 1 team at least in the playoff, but how will effect the pecking order of other conference bowls?

The way I understand it, the SEC is going to rarely get fewer than 3-4 teams in the "new BCS" in those 6 major bowls. We're locked into the Sugar, will most often have a team in the Orange(ACC vs highest ranked remaining b1g, SEC, or Notre Dame), we'll always have 1 or 2 in the playoff itself, and we've got long term pre-existing relationships with the Cotton and Peach bowls that you know they will want to maintain if at all possible...

The money we're going to make on this will be total insanity.