PDA

View Full Version : This should be in front of every D lineman we are after..

Original48
12-23-2013, 09:12 AM
I realize this has been around..but needs to stay at the forefront of D line recruiting (or put in front of all recruits for that matter). And props to TrueMaroonNation for keeping it out there on twitter..

"A four-star recruit from Yazoo City, Mississippi, Cox was a contributor from the moment he started his career at Mississippi State. He started four games as a freshman before becoming a full-time starter in his second season, and by the time his junior season was over in 2011, Cox was an All-American. It was enough to encourage him to bypass his senior year in favor of the draft, despite earning only a second-round grade from the draft advisory board. ?I wasn?t satisfied with that,? Cox says. ?I wanted to just go and outwork everybody.?

While many top draft prospects spend the time before the combine at specialized facilities in places like Arizona in Florida, Cox stayed in Starkville and train with Mississippi State?s strength-and-conditioning staff. ?I wanted to be somewhere where they knew my weaknesses instead of going out somewhere and starting all over,? Cox says. It turned out to be the right choice. The combine was a showcase for Cox, who weighed in at 298 pounds and still managed a 4.79 in the 40-yard dash. By the time the draft came, Cox was considered a guarantee to go in the first round, and on draft day the Eagles jumped up three spots to grab him with the 12th overall pick."

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/84715/all-22-all-stars-fletcher-cox-the-eagles-budding-superstar

cbrunt29
12-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Good post.

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2013, 09:34 AM
I realize this has been around..but needs to stay at the forefront of D line recruiting (or put in front of all recruits for that matter). And props to TrueMaroonNation for keeping it out there on twitter..

"A four-star recruit from Yazoo City, Mississippi, Cox was a contributor from the moment he started his career at Mississippi State. He started four games as a freshman before becoming a full-time starter in his second season, and by the time his junior season was over in 2011, Cox was an All-American. It was enough to encourage him to bypass his senior year in favor of the draft, despite earning only a second-round grade from the draft advisory board. ?I wasn?t satisfied with that,? Cox says. ?I wanted to just go and outwork everybody.?

While many top draft prospects spend the time before the combine at specialized facilities in places like Arizona in Florida, Cox stayed in Starkville and train with Mississippi State?s strength-and-conditioning staff. ?I wanted to be somewhere where they knew my weaknesses instead of going out somewhere and starting all over,? Cox says. It turned out to be the right choice. The combine was a showcase for Cox, who weighed in at 298 pounds and still managed a 4.79 in the 40-yard dash. By the time the draft came, Cox was considered a guarantee to go in the first round, and on draft day the Eagles jumped up three spots to grab him with the 12th overall pick."

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/84715/all-22-all-stars-fletcher-cox-the-eagles-budding-superstar

This article perfectly displays the TRUST our players have in Mullen's system/process