PDA

View Full Version : Before you all get fired up about Epps possibly coming to State......

Goat Holder
12-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Just know that there is a family of Auburn pocket padders in Greenwood. Same ones who got Jermaine Whitehead. Don't count the chickens just yet. Funny how the recruitment opens up after the MS/AL All-Star game. Plus, the quotes about how Ole Miss is always his team, but......

BeastMan
12-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Add in Yancy saying ( just now) that his mother is scheduled to move to Oxford in a few weeks and he would be stunned if he doesn't end up a Reb

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 05:39 PM
everybody's recruiting except State...

Coach34
12-22-2013, 05:42 PM

yup. Our coaches just sit in a room planning our next SWAG letter to send out

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 05:45 PM
I am still feeling like he ends up at OM, but I'm glad they are having to work for him instead being able to just focus on our commits. Definitely not counting on Epps being a Dawg, and neither should anyone else. Yet.

Coach34
12-22-2013, 05:54 PM
may have been a job opening in Starkville that she locked down....things do change...

NCDawg
12-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I am still feeling like he ends up at OM, but I'm glad they are having to work for him instead being able to just focus on our commits. Definitely not counting on Epps being a Dawg, and neither should anyone else. Yet.

I don't think they mind working for him. Freeze and staff seem to work pretty hard when it comes to recruiting.

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't think they mind working for him. Freeze and staff seem to work pretty hard when it comes to recruiting.

Who said they didn't. I'm saying they have to work for him MORE instead of just knowing he is on board and being able to work on our guys. Why you taking up for Freeze?

You made this post recently too...

Hate to say it, but it appears Ole Miss is whipping our butts in recruiting again this year.

What's the deal?

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2013, 06:02 PM
How does the NCAA not realize that Epps' mother is moving to Oxford for a job. Could it be more obvious?

HoopsDawg
12-22-2013, 06:08 PM

When a player decommits from MSU, he is gone. He almost never re-commits. A player decommits from OM and our posters still feel like he ends up at OM.

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 06:14 PM
When a player decommits from MSU, he is gone. He almost never re-commits. A player decommits from OM and our posters still feel like he ends up at OM.

thejunction1977
12-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Epps IS absolutely flipping to us. I have a very good source. Can't wit to see the nashing of teeth in Oxford. We OWN this state

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Well, when someone truly de-commits, they usually ARE gone from anywhere. When a player "de-commits" from Ole Miss only to miraculously re-commit to Ole Miss after some soul searching and 5 AM wake-up calls two days later...that's not really a de-commitment.

RougeDawg
12-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Epps IS absolutely flipping to us. I have a very good source. Can't wit to see the nashing of teeth in Oxford. We OWN this state

First Post Luck?

thejunction1977
12-22-2013, 06:22 PM
First Post Luck?

Lol. I don't know man I hope so. I'm over on Genes Page, but I've lurked here for a while. Coach is the man!!!

Esmerelda Villalobos
12-22-2013, 06:31 PM
How do i ban people from my phone?

LeakyD
12-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Gonna have to ban a record number of trolls.

thejunction1977
12-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Gonna have to ban a record number of trolls.

I hope your not talking about me bruh epps WILL BE in maroon and white. Book it. I am no troll

deltadawg99
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Didn't his mom work at the MSU extensive center in greenwood?

engie
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Add in Yancy saying ( just now) that his mother is scheduled to move to Oxford in a few weeks and he would be stunned if he doesn't end up a Reb

Sounds like a Yancyism to calm the sheep to me.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 06:54 PM

Allegedly yes.

HancockCountyDog
12-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a Yancyism to calm the sheep to me.

No, its not - they had her a job lined up - that has been out there for a while.

Guys - is going to get nasty. Once AU gets involved in the Delta, it gets ugly. See Quentin Groves and Jermaine Whitehead.

engie
12-22-2013, 08:09 PM
No, its not - they had her a job lined up - that has been out there for a while.
Which is still a yancyism to calm sheep. If he/she were totally satisfied with their arrangement, he would still be committed wouldn't he?

Coach34
12-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Looks like a State vs Melvin battle now

HancockCountyDog
12-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Which is still a yancyism to calm sheep. If he/she were totally satisfied with their arrangement, he would still be committed wouldn't he?

I have a feeling this is being pushed by an 'advisor'.

Here is a hint, take a long look at who broke the story.

Sidewalkdawg
12-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Who broke story? I thought epps tweeted it out

Bully Dee Williams
12-23-2013, 12:12 AM
I think Demetric Warren was the first guy to break the actual story, and he predicted Epps to MSU last week.

Keith on the 247 board says Auburn hasn't even mentioned Epps and that they are full at TE and WR.

Could we win a Flipmas battle? Why do I feel so skeptical? Oh wait, I remember.

CadaverDawg
12-23-2013, 12:19 AM
I think Demetric Warren was the first guy to break the actual story, and he predicted Epps to MSU last week.

Keith on the 247 board says Auburn hasn't even mentioned Epps and that they are full at TE and WR.

Could we win a Flipmas battle? Why do I feel so skeptical? Oh wait, I remember.

Good post

LiterallyPolice
12-23-2013, 12:32 AM
Good post

... And good user name, "Bully Dee Williams". You should make this (or some variation thereof) your avatar , stat.

http://coolwatersprods.com/images/colt45WEB.jpg

It_Could_Happen
12-23-2013, 02:58 AM

Pretty sure that's right.

whosyourdawgy
12-23-2013, 09:11 AM
All this talk is good and all but if the retweet i saw last night from. Steve Roberson from Epps mom, we nay be all spinning our wheels. She doesn't appear to be liking all the recruiting attention. And appears to be all about ole miss too i might add

Political Hack
12-23-2013, 09:18 AM
All this talk is good and all but if the retweet i saw last night from. Steve Roberson from Epps mom, we nay be all spinning our wheels. She doesn't appear to be liking all the recruiting attention. And appears to be all about ole miss too i might add

Could it be the tweeter and not the school?

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2013, 09:31 AM

I just looked at the tweet you are referencing, and it's true that she doesn't seem like recruiting. As far as her twitter background still being OM, her son decomitted less than 24 hours ago, and she may/probably not have changed it yet.

Why would Epps have decommitted unless he was looking around? Logic tells you that he probably isn't all on board with OM right now.

slickdawg
12-23-2013, 09:39 AM
He could re-commit tomorrow. Since they don't have anyone to flip from elsewhere, they are flipping their own.

quickstrike2
12-23-2013, 10:01 AM
I just can't get to excited about this. Since they just put on that show with Hampton, decommitting for 3 days just to have a ceremony to celebrate flipping back to Ole Miss, i'm just not buying into Epps not ending up a bear.

Coach34
12-23-2013, 10:28 AM
I just can't get to excited about this. Since they just put on that show with Hampton, decommitting for 3 days just to have a ceremony to celebrate flipping back to Ole Miss, i'm just not buying into Epps not ending up a bear.

It's recruiting so you never really ****ing know what the hell is going on but this one isnt like Hampton so far. Yancy was all "wink-wink" about Hampton. He's not that way on this one.

I read her tweet also and by media, she could be talking about Yancy, McReady, and all those hounds hammering them trying to find out wtf is going on....

BeastMan
12-23-2013, 10:41 AM
I took her tweet as it was intended for Yancy. He's been the only one who is speaking matter-of-factly about her job. All the other site guys (both MSU & OM) have toed around it with heaving doses of "allegedly" and "possibliy". Yancy came out and said Mom is moving to Oxford for a new job in a cpl weeks. I'm about to go full spit balling here. While that may be or is true, you have to wonder about her current employer and if they had not gotten notice. I'm sure the mom doesn't want her job situation being played out on a message board especially the insinuation that it's tied to her son and his recruitment.

If you know how to wade through Yancy, it looks like he's laying foundation. If he was truly an "OM lock" b/c of a job for mother, I doubt he would make that public. He'd just get cute with wink wink. The way he is playing it is conditioning the sheep that IF they lose Epps, it's b/c someone outbid them or made mom a better offer.

Engie nailed it in his post earlier about how to interpret Yancy. Strictly going off how Yancy is playing this situation, I'd say MSU stands a good chance as of now.

Coach34
12-23-2013, 10:50 AM
If you know how to wade through Yancy, it looks like he's laying foundation. If he was truly an "OM lock" b/c of a job for mother, I doubt he would make that public. He'd just get cute with wink wink. The way he is playing it is conditioning the sheep that IF they lose Epps, it's b/c someone outbid them or made mom a better offer.

Engie nailed it in his post earlier about how to interpret Yancy. Strictly going off how Yancy is playing this situation, I'd say MSU stands a good chance as of now.

good post

And dead-on with the bolded part

dawg27
12-23-2013, 11:28 AM
could this be another re-commit it has been a week they need another press release

engie
12-23-2013, 12:01 PM
I took her tweet as it was intended for Yancy. He's been the only one who is speaking matter-of-factly about her job. All the other site guys (both MSU & OM) have toed around it with heaving doses of "allegedly" and "possibliy". Yancy came out and said Mom is moving to Oxford for a new job in a cpl weeks. I'm about to go full spit balling here. While that may be or is true, you have to wonder about her current employer and if they had not gotten notice. I'm sure the mom doesn't want her job situation being played out on a message board especially the insinuation that it's tied to her son and his recruitment.

Exactly. Yancy wouldn't have thrown out the nugget about mom's job if he didn't think it was an EXCELLENT chance that they had already actually lost him. He's preparing the flock. IF he REALLY thought it was a great chance that Epps would stick with them, he would have thrown out nuggets with sunglass smileys and hinted that things were fine.

jimbo352
12-23-2013, 01:05 PM
This situation is nothing like CJ... We have covered some serious ground in a very short amount of time. Like Coach34 said.. You don't really know what's going on, but I can guarantee this isn't just smoke peeps. The good guys are recruiting their asses off right now, and I think we're in a dead heat for his services right now. JMO