PDA

View Full Version : Haha, Yancy just tweeted that they flipped a DE from North Carolina

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Freeze must have gotten on the phone with the kid and told him to commit now to try and take some of the heat off of the Epps decommitment

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 04:41 PM
And even worse, I just looked the guy up and he didn't flip! He was denied admission to North Carolina on the 18th so he HAD to choose another school. Ha, the spin machine is in full force

Coach34
12-22-2013, 04:43 PM
And even worse, I just looked the guy up and he didn't flip! He was denied admission to North Carolina on the 18th so he HAD to choose another school. Ha, the spin machine is in full force

that's hilarious

Also lets me know that they are worried Epps is gone

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 04:47 PM
that's hilarious

Yep, my thoughts exactly

engie
12-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Their offensive recruiting has made perfect sense to me and is honestly a bit intimidating -- but they are recruiting very "small" on defense. While I agree that it's good to sign a couple of "football players" regardless of size in every class -- they seem to be accumulating a good portion of this class as undersized guys.

6'3 225 is small for a DE. Heck, I thought AJ Jefferson was slightly undersized when we signed him at 6'2 254.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 05:09 PM

LOL.

godlluB
12-22-2013, 05:18 PM

He couldn't get into UNC, but had no problem at "The Harvard of the South"? SHOCKING!

mic
12-22-2013, 05:22 PM
He is smaller than Fitz...

bully99
12-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Every damn school in Mississippi has an open door policy as far as admissions. You can blame your wonderful federal government. See "Ayers". If you're breathing, you can get into college in Mississippi.

hells bells
12-22-2013, 06:06 PM
that's hilarious

C34. It is not Christmas Day and I am not counting gifts yet. But, is something up? Might be wrong, but might be right.

mic
12-22-2013, 06:12 PM
that's hilarious

also I wouldn't be shocked when Texas hires their coach and staff the DE from there that's committed to OM decommitts . Victor Evans.. They may be a little worried about him right now..

Cap'n
12-22-2013, 07:49 PM
He couldn't get into UNC, but had no problem at "The Harvard of the South"? SHOCKING!

UNC is currently on probation, hence their more stringent admission requirements.

HancockCountyDog
12-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Their offensive recruiting has made perfect sense to me and is honestly a bit intimidating -- but they are recruiting very "small" on defense. While I agree that it's good to sign a couple of "football players" regardless of size in every class -- they seem to be accumulating a good portion of this class as undersized guys.

6'3 225 is small for a DE. Heck, I thought AJ Jefferson was slightly undersized when we signed him at 6'2 254.

Do you remember the guy at Maryland a few years ago that was a combine freak, but wasn't a great football player and fell to like the 5th round and drafted by the Raiders. That is this guy.

I looked him up and he has some silly numbers. Ran a 10.76 100 meters in high school. That is flying if you weigh 170 lbs, but it is silly at 205 lbs. The problem is that Im not sure he has a position or really will help at any specific position. Its an odd signing, probably a gamble based on vitals, which is something we haven't done thankfully.

Id rather sign the guy that can play football, regardless of what his 40 time said. D. Miller probably ran around a 4.65 40 yard dash, and he was one of my favorite RB's all time at MSU.

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 07:56 PM
UNC is currently on probation, hence their more stringent admission requirements.

Either way, it took that for OM to get him. And he's a 3 star that wanted to go to a ACC school over them, so it's far from flipping a kid committed to UNC