PDA

View Full Version : Y'all are going to laugh at me but

TheDogFather
12-22-2013, 03:09 PM
I was just told that before it's all over Epps will be at State. Don't know what exactly that means and that's all my friend from Oxford would tell me.

This guy has always been a guy that knows stuff and that's all I have. I don't claim him as some sort if insider.

FWIW.

Coach34
12-22-2013, 03:19 PM
I wouldnt laugh. Epps would get to play at the best school in the state who beats their rival 80% of the time under their current coach

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 03:22 PM
And we have a history of putting Tight Ends in the league. Reggie Kelly, Donald Lee, and soon Malcolm Johnson. Maybe Epps doesn't want to have 4 years of catching Tight End screen passes like he would at OM. He wants the potential to make big plays more than likely. If he wants that, he should come to State

HoopsDawg
12-22-2013, 03:28 PM
The Black Bear's top TE is a returning sophomore. Our top returning TE is a senior. So the depth chart looks better at State. Plus Ole Miss is a racist school. So no, I am not going to laugh at you.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure that Ole Miss even really uses a traditional TE. Maybe in goal line. The way we use TE's is more like how the NFL uses their TE. We will flex him out in the slot, but we also would use him on the end by the tackle as both a receiver and a blocker.

TexasDawg
12-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Looks like you heard right DogFather, knock on wood

LilSebastian
12-22-2013, 05:20 PM
If Epps could sign today I would totally believe you. He can't. Wait and see.

ETA: Do freshman ever get meaningful playing time at TE? I would imagine given that it's an extension of the line that it should take time to get a feel for how to block.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 05:57 PM
If Epps could sign today I would totally believe you. He can't. Wait and see.

ETA: Do freshman ever get meaningful playing time at TE? I would imagine given that it's an extension of the line that it should take time to get a feel for how to block.

Yes- the TE for Arkansas Howard started this year and in a pro-style offense.

BossDawg
12-22-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't know I just can't (or won't let myself) get excited just yet. Auburn and OM will throw money, jobs, or whatever they want before it's over.

thedawg
12-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Evan Ingram looked pretty good in oxganistan too.. We won't have to rush him along though... If he's ready he will play if not he can learn from two seniors and wait a year.... Replacing Brandon Hill and Malcolm Johnson with Sammie Epps and Artimas Samuel is pretty good

engie
12-22-2013, 06:03 PM
I was just told that before it's all over Epps will be at State. Don't know what exactly that means and that's all my friend from Oxford would tell me.

This guy has always been a guy that knows stuff and that's all I have. I don't claim him as some sort if insider.

FWIW.

Why would we laugh at this?

Several here have been saying this for quite a few days now...

engie
12-22-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't know I just can't (or won't let myself) get excited just yet. Auburn and OM will throw money, jobs, or whatever they want before it's over.

Where did this actually happen? It didn't. You are believing something that a now banned OM troll said here. He also said MSU had no chance with Epps and that he was solid to OM...

BossDawg
12-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah it was in the other thread. Someone said Yancy tweeted that she was scheduled to move to Oxford in a few weeks...so that would explain it.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 06:15 PM

Ole Miss people are the ones that were saying that.

But let's think about this logically for a second. Epps was also allegedly a MSU fan growing up whose Mother works for MSU. Epps was very excited to get a MSU offer. Now he de-commits literally days later.

Let's not forget that there's a job market in Starkville as well. Including an extension service.

I don't know if we will get Epps or not- but I'm pretty sure we're getting an OV from him in January. And that's encouraging.

engie
12-22-2013, 06:15 PM

We don't need a quick fix at the position...we've got 3 guys coming back who have proven to be good players.

That said, we've also proven that if guys are ready to play, we will find a place for them. Epps has elite potential as a pass catcher -- and would be a matchup nightmare.

BossDawg
12-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Epps was also allegedly a MSU fan growing up whose Mother works for MSU.

Had no idea about that. Damn that would be sweet to flip him. I bet Bear heads would explode and their boosters might actually end up doing something REALLY stupid.

thejunction1977
12-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Epps IS absolutely flipping to us. He made his decision after the Egg Bowl but is playing it slow. He's gonne end up recruiting for US in some other folks.

engie
12-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Epps IS absolutely flipping to us. He made his decision after the Egg Bowl but is playing it slow. He's gonne end up recruiting for US in some other folks.

He didn't yet have an MSU offer after the Egg Bowl?

thejunction1977
12-22-2013, 06:41 PM

Not public but our staff has ABSOLUTELY been working him for a while. Let this play out. The Bama bang oxford boys are gonna explode over this one.

sbcmortgageman
12-22-2013, 08:28 PM

I don't don't think we offered till last week.