PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Rankings

bully99
12-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Looking at the crootin sites. We seem to be dropping like a rock. We are in the 40's in at least a couple. Pretty much dead last in the sec. What the hell is going on? Just shake my head when I see some of the schools in front of State.

RougeDawg
12-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Read my thread on Deion Calhoun.

Coach34
12-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Looking at the crootin sites. We seem to be dropping like a rock. We are in the 40's in at least a couple. Pretty much dead last in the sec. What the hell is going on? Just shake my head when I see some of the schools in front of State.

2014 is not a big year for us- but we have got some guys that very underated. Elijah Staley may be a better QB prospect than Dakota was- but is only an 83.8 on 247. Fitzgerald is an 81.3 but he is an outstanding runner at QB- has to develop as a passer. But certainly has all the tools. Hell, he is already cranking out 30-40 yard runs in bowl practice.

Just no reason to get panties in a bunch over recruiting rankings- just like we say EVERY year.

dawg27
12-22-2013, 02:48 PM
are we dead last in the sec i thought we was doing better what is going on, them jerks up north is doing well

Coach34
12-22-2013, 02:53 PM
are we dead last in the sec i thought we was doing better what is going on, them jerks up north is doing well

it's because OM is awesome dude!!!!

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 02:58 PM

tell Mr. David we said hello.

OurState
12-22-2013, 02:58 PM

I hope you had your sweater vest on when you said that

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 03:00 PM
we'll never know...

mic
12-22-2013, 03:02 PM

dawg27 its ok.. man don't worry about what they are doing up there they cant beat us in November.. We all know how mad and bent they get even thou they don't show it..
and btw you have made 2 great posts.. keep up the good work while u can..

bully99
12-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Coach, my panties are always in a bunch.

Bass Chaser
12-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Like Coach said it's because we have 17 commits as of right now while most everyone else has 20+. Class size greatly affects your ranking.

Drugdog
12-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Let's me guess:
Penny loafers with pennies, starched polo, sweater around the waist, BMW that dad can't afford, failing grades, Archie posters on wall, with Eli as well, Girlfriend who is a solid 5, drinking Mich light, thinking hey we can fool ED and act like we are State fans.

HoopsDawg
12-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Like Coach said, this is not a banner year ranking wise. We have reached on some kids, we aren't winning many head 2 head battles, and a lot of the kids we have committed didn't have many other offers.

My positive spin is that we didn't lose many seniors and we have some kids committed that I like. I really like Gerri Green, Graham, Aeris, and Staley. We just need to hope 10-12 of these guys can contribute.

mic
12-22-2013, 03:13 PM
don't be surprised if R Taylor has the same kind of college career as D Robinson has had so far for us..

HoopsDawg
12-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Like Coach said it's because we have 17 commits as of right now while most everyone else has 20+. Class size greatly affects your ranking.

This is not really accurate. We are 38th in the country based on average star per recruit. That's not good. We need to be 18th to 28th in the country every year to be able to compete.

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 03:18 PM
I have a feeling we will look back at this class in 3-4 years and see guys like Brandon Bryant, Gerri Green, Aeris Williams, Jamoral Graham, etc, as a better haul than CJ Hampton and the current Rebel class. And don't forget we still have a shot at Cory Thomas and Sammie Epps. Long shot at flipping one of the Moore's, etc. this will be a low ranked class by recruiting sites, but will be a huge class in production. Especially if we bring in several studs in 2015 to add to it, like it appears we will.

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 03:20 PM
This is not really accurate. We are 38th in the country based on average star per recruit. That's not good. We need to be 18th to 28th in the country every year to be able to compete.

Based on what? That makes no sense. So, we should be ranked 10-15 spots higher by a bunch of old white men that have seen video footage of some of these players they are ranking? Ask OM how being ranked higher than us the last 10 years has worked out for them.

HoopsDawg
12-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Based on what? That makes no sense. So, we should be ranked 10-15 spots higher by a bunch of old white men that have seen video footage of some of these players they are ranking? Ask OM how being ranked higher than us the last 10 years has worked out for them.

Your post makes no sense to me. I guess I will respond by just saying we need to recruit better going forward. You can get away with 1 bad class every now and then as long as it's not back to back poor classes. And I think we are going to sign a few contributors in this class.

Okrastar1
12-22-2013, 03:26 PM
They rank off of total points, so if a team has 28 commits and we have 17 why do you think we are so low? We really have some knucklehead fans! 4-1 and ole piss always "out recruits" us... Let the coaches work and CALM THE F DOWN KIDS! It's going to be alright wether we are 18th or 48th!!!

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2013, 03:28 PM
The only reason we have fallen in the rankings over the past week is because we have lost some 3 star recruits. If we close with Thomas and a few others, we will be respectfully ranked around 30 or so.

This year was always going to be a lesser recruiting year for us, but we are getting some very good players. Next season is when we have a chance to really recruit well.

Okrastar1
12-22-2013, 03:28 PM
And there is no such thing as a bad class if you get what you need. I'll bet anyone Rawlings turns out better than R Taylor!

Coach34
12-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Here's the thing:

You cant have 2 bad classes in a row. We have had good classes in 2012 and 2013- seeing some drop off in 2014. But 2015 is off to an outstanding start. Nothing to worry about here. Especially when you factor in the youth of our team- we dont need many guys to step in and play immediately right now. And that's the key- this 2014 group will mostly redshirt and have time to develop so they can find their place to contribute.

HoopsDawg
12-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Here's the thing:

You cant have 2 bad classes in a row. We have had good classes in 2012 and 2013- seeing some drop off in 2014. But 2015 is off to an outstanding start. Nothing to worry about here. Especially when you factor in the youth of our team- we dont need many guys to step in and play immediately right now. And that's the key- this 2014 group will mostly redshirt and have time to develop so they can find their place to contribute.

Thank you for repeating what I just said. I think Graham can compete for playing time in the slot. Aeris will get some carries. Joc Johnson will need to play as will Will Coleman if we sign him. Everyone else will redshirt. The key is not to reach for anymore prospects. We aren't graduating many seniors so manage the roster well and don't tie up any additional scholarships on marginal guys. I would sign Corey Thomas, an O-linemen, a DE and call it a year.

mic
12-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Plus we have filled some needs with this small class.
We have 2 Solid QB's that are both underrated
We have the best RB in the state
We have 2 of the best 3 WR in the state
We have filled some OL needs
We have the best LB if not the best Defensive player in the state
We have the best ATH in the state with Bryant
And we have a very good shot at DE Cory Thomas and DT with Taylor Stallworth
And I bet we get a surprise commit or 2..
So everyone that is worried about * and how we finish ranked . Just remember this...

dawgoneyall
12-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I know dawg27 personally. He is far from a bear fan. He attended 11 out of the 12 games this year.

He literally hate them. That is why he gets upset about recruiting.

Coach34
12-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Thank you for repeating what I just said. I think Graham can compete for playing time in the slot. Aeris will get some carries. Joc Johnson will need to play as will Will Coleman if we sign him. Everyone else will redshirt. The key is not to reach for anymore prospects. We aren't graduating many seniors so manage the roster well and don't tie up any additional scholarships on marginal guys. I would sign Corey Thomas, an O-linemen, a DE and call it a year.

We dont lose any WR's- Graham will RS. I look for Williams to get carries as you said and Johnson to start at RT. You're gonna see Staley get some reps at QB this year most likely. We're not going to RS both QB's.

Coach34
12-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Plus we have filled some needs with this small class.

We have 2 Solid QB's that are both underrated
We have the best RB in the state
We have 2 of the best 3 WR in the state
We have filled some OL needs
We have the best LB if not the best Defensive player in the state
We have the best ATH in the state with Bryant
And we have a very good shot at DE Cory Thomas and DT with Taylor Stallworth
And I bet we get a surprise commit or 2..
So everyone that is worried about * and how we finish ranked . Just remember this...

good post Mic