PDA

View Full Version : Nike and Adidas

bully99
12-22-2013, 01:04 AM
I'm not much into uniform companies but it seems to always be a topic of conversation. Interesting that Darren Rovell tweeted out today that 51 of the 70 teams in bowls are Nike schools and 9 of 10 teams in BCS games are Nike. He didn't break down the other schools. Other than money why are we Adidas and is Nike that much if any better than Adidas and others.

TheRef
12-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Answer to #1: The Kang!!!
Answer to #2: Not really if you look at statistics. Adidas has been pretty good to us and has given us a few good ideas with a few bad ideas also. The thing is, we can't just torch our relationship with Adidas if we are going to be the trademark baseball school for them as all indications are right now.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Answer to #1: The Kang!!!
Answer to #2: Not really if you look at statistics. Adidas has been pretty good to us and has given us a few good ideas with a few bad ideas also. The thing is, we can't just torch our relationship with Adidas if we are going to be the trademark baseball school for them as all indications are right now.

It would be awesome if NIKE wanted to make us their trademark baseball school and got into a bidding war. And for the record- I'm fine with us being Adidas's trademark baseball school.

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 10:46 AM
I don't want Nike or Under Armour. UA is too connected to OM and Nike favored Oregon over us when they came to Starkville years ago. Jackie was right to be mad regardless of Phil Knights proximity to Oregon. it was a potentially unfair game day advantage even though they sponsored both schools.

Adidas is ok. I don't have any complaints.

TheRef
12-22-2013, 11:03 AM
I don't want Nike or Under Armour. UA is too connected to OM and Nike favored Oregon over us when they came to Starkville years ago. Jackie was right to be mad regardless of Phil Knights proximity to Oregon. it was a potentially unfair game day advantage even though they sponsored both schools.

I thought Ole Miss used Nike.

Drugdog
12-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Bring back Russell****

It_Could_Happen
12-22-2013, 11:44 AM

They do

Coach34
12-22-2013, 12:22 PM

He's talking about certain UA exec who is a former OM player and Archie Manning's 4th son

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 12:38 PM
He's talking about certain UA exec who is a former OM player and Archie Manning's 4th son

lmao. they have another exec too who is good friends with some OM "friendlies ."

RBritt
12-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Walker Jones manning

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 12:50 PM

I would be OK burying the hatchet with Nike since that happened over 10 years ago.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Bring back Russell****

Tyler could be the spokesman.

OurState
12-22-2013, 03:02 PM

How can a uniform maker give on team an advantage? Not arguing just fascinated.

smootness
12-22-2013, 03:47 PM
How can a uniform maker give on team an advantage? Not arguing just fascinated.

It was a new cooling system they were trying out, and they let Oregon use it but wouldn't allow us to wear it as well. And it was at the end of the summer, so it was hot. Legitimate gripe from Sherrill.

smootness
12-22-2013, 03:48 PM
FWIW, I've never understood the Nike infatuation. Both companies are going to put out quality products. And if it's all about the uniforms, I like ours a lot better than some of the crap Nike has put out there, specifically for Arkansas.

Sure, our late 90s uniforms were sick, but we aren't going back to those even if we got Nike back. They'd give us some generic ugly crap that they also threw out to several other teams.

DanDority
12-22-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't know, but why does know one in college use Reebok, they use to do all NFL teams uniforms?

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 05:08 PM
It was a new cooling system they were trying out, and they let Oregon use it but wouldn't allow us to wear it as well. And it was at the end of the summer, so it was hot. Legitimate gripe from Sherrill.

yep. the "air conditioned" uniforms struck a cord.