PDA

View Full Version : BearSharks trying to create a stir over Aeris Williams now thatEpps is visiting State

Coach34
12-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Recruiting season is full speed now.

Good luck getting a player out of West Point

MSUDeltadawg1971
12-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Most delusional fanbase ever! Just had a conversation with a bear, he said the Egg Bowl was the biggest fluke since Appalachian State beat Michigan. I told him not even #5 in the backfield could even help them.

Political Hack
12-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Flukes happen 80% of the time.***

MarketingBully01
12-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Notice that the idiot said may visit. I doubt he will. Obviously trolling to get us riled up again to bad mouth recruits...ahh, always the same shit different year. Have they ever flipped a guy (besides maybe CJ Johnson) who was a big time State guy growing up? Even if they do get some of these guys to visit they won't flip. Just don't see it.

hells bells
12-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Recruiting season is full speed now.

Good luck getting a player out of West Point

According to my TSUN brethren the Egg Bowl is not the Rivalry. It is LSU. Since the Egg Bowl personally I have noticed the Maroon and White nation has relaxed and enjoying the holiday season. Recruiting will work itself out and over the years the star system seems as useless as sandpaper butt wipe. On the other hand TSUN seems unhinged somewhat.

Coach34
12-21-2013, 11:45 PM
The star system is a part of recruiting, but it's not all of it. Shotgundawg I think made a really good post about the difference in high 3-star guys and 4 star guys is negligible.

Our class this year wont be great or anything- but will have some solid players in it. We are already off to a great start on the 2015 class- not worried in the least

hells bells
12-22-2013, 12:02 AM
C34 agreed. But after the EB something has changed to me. Liking our stance.

Coach34
12-22-2013, 12:20 AM
C34 agreed. But after the EB something has changed to me. Liking our stance.

Oh we are in great shape right now. The perception is that Ole Miss is so young- but we played 15 freshmen in the EB, they played 11. We have 39 of 44 returning on the 2 deep. Our time is now

messageboardsuperhero
12-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Oh we are in great shape right now. The perception is that Ole Miss is so young- but we played 15 freshmen in the EB, they played 11. We have 39 of 44 returning on the 2 deep. Our time is now

Yeah, I really don't get this. We were younger than they were this year.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I really don't get this. We were younger than they were this year.

Probably because our fans don't like to use the "we're young" excuse. Sometimes it's acceptable though. And I'm not bashing our fans when I say that- it's just that we don't make as many excuses and tend to go to the heart of the issue when there is one.

bulldawg28
12-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Probably because our fans don't like to use the "we're young" excuse. Sometimes it's acceptable though. And I'm not bashing our fans when I say that- it's just that we don't make as many excuses and tend to go to the heart of the issue when there is one.

This

MetEdDawg
12-22-2013, 08:27 AM

This is why our play was so erratic the first 2/3 of the season. So many young guys with roles that changed every week. One we got to the last 1/3 of the season, you saw much more clearly defined roles and you saw the young guys, especially on defense, step up. Calhoun, Benny Brown, and Will Redmond were the 3 that impressed me the most and two of those are CBs which is where our huge weakness was. That's why our defense was so damn good the last 3 weeks. Those two guys, along with everyone else in the secondary, played about as good a lock down defense as you can.

chainedup_Dawg
12-22-2013, 11:08 AM
I have had the pleasure of meeting Williams' family several times and getting to know them somewhat. They are fine, upstanding people. I don't see them being the type to waiver on their word

John Farley
12-22-2013, 11:32 AM
I can tell you for a fact they are getting this from their running back commit. Not Aeris. Chris chambless has been out of town this week. He will stop all that noise this week

Coach34
12-22-2013, 11:42 AM
No way it's coming from Aeris- and why I made the thread. They are trying to manufacture drama and send our fanbase into doing stupid shit. Hopefully we have learned.

engie
12-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Here's the deal with Yancy --

ANYTIME he floats a name early -- it's bullshit. Just there to get a rise out of us. Same as "Will Redmond transferring to Ole Miss" last year. Their own fans know how to wade through this bullshit -- and the vast majority of them will poke and prod us while knowing almost certainly that Aeris has no intentions to visit them.

When Yancy actually has something of merit -- he hints at it -- basically saying "we've got a huge prospect that's thinking about making a visit and the name will surprise people" and stuff like that. Yancy loves Ole Miss. He would NEVER "out" a kid on the front end that was ACTUALLY planning to visit thus allowing our side the chance to try to prevent the visit. He would hint and beat around the bush -- then he would let everyone know who he was talking about when the kid actually made it to campus.

Ex: Chris Jones' visit to them had been in the works for awhile last year. A couple of weeks before he actually went, several of us here were told that he'd informed our coaching staff of his intentions to visit. Naturally, we kept that quiet and hoped his OV to MSU would change his mind -- and that it would die a quiet death without a CJ Johnson freak out. But it didn't -- and we know the rest of the story(although our fans handled it better this time overall). Yancy had worked all the sheep into a frenzy about the "secret visitors" -- but he never actually came out and said "Chris Jones is visiting Ole Miss" until Jones was in Oxford. 4* LSU commit DE Frank Herron was another surprise visitor that didn't show up -- and Yancy only told them after the fact that he was another guy he was talking about.

messageboardsuperhero
12-22-2013, 01:11 PM

ANYTIME he floats a name early -- it's bullshit. Just there to get a rise out of us. Same as "Will Redmond transferring to Ole Miss" last year.

Speaking of this, why did so many UM people (Rounsaville, McCready, etc.) make such a big deal about the "Kailo is transferring" rumors, but the same people seem fine with Yancy doing the exact same thing?

The way the UM media reacted to those rumors was childish and hypocritical- especially considering those rumors didn't start with our people and Yancy has been spreading shit just like that for YEARS. It's crazy to me that some people can't see through their bullshit double standards.

Big4Dawg
12-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Speaking of OM, they are probably about to have another top 10 class. It's unbelievable.

Laurence Jones ("Hootie") is going to fall in their lap. After he decommitted from Bama, he reached out to OM for some reason. He plays same position with Jamal Adams and LSU isn't going to take both. Good friends with Hamilton. A top 50 player.
Lots of noise around them and Bo Scarbrough.
Terrance Alexander - a 4* CB.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 01:21 PM

ANYTIME he floats a name early -- it's bullshit. Just there to get a rise out of us. Same as "Will Redmond transferring to Ole Miss" last year. Their own fans know how to wade through this bullshit -- and the vast majority of them will poke and prod us while knowing almost certainly that Aeris has no intentions to visit them.

When Yancy actually has something of merit -- he hints at it -- basically saying "we've got a huge prospect that's thinking about making a visit and the name will surprise people" and stuff like that. Yancy loves Ole Miss. He would NEVER "out" a kid on the front end that was ACTUALLY planning to visit thus allowing our side the chance to try to prevent the visit. He would hint and beat around the bush -- then he would let everyone know who he was talking about when the kid actually made it to campus.

Ex: Chris Jones' visit to them had been in the works for awhile last year. A couple of weeks before he actually went, several of us here were told that he'd informed our coaching staff of his intentions to visit. Naturally, we kept that quiet and hoped his OV to MSU would change his mind -- and that it would die a quiet death without a CJ Johnson freak out. But it didn't -- and we know the rest of the story(although our fans handled it better this time overall). Yancy had worked all the sheep into a frenzy about the "secret visitors" -- but he never actually came out and said "Chris Jones is visiting Ole Miss" until Jones was in Oxford. 4* LSU commit DE Frank Herron was another surprise visitor that didn't show up -- and Yancy only told them after the fact that he was another guy he was talking about.

I had heard that Ashton Shumpert was another surprise visitor but he didn't show up either. Allegedly there were four surprise visitors- Jones, Herron, Shumpert and one other that I'm not sure on. Probably Carl Lawson or Jason Carr.

Coach34
12-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Speaking of this, why did so many UM people (Rounsaville, McCready, etc.) make such a big deal about the "Kailo is transferring" rumors, but the same people seem fine with Yancy doing the exact same thing?

The way the UM media reacted to those rumors was childish and hypocritical- especially considering those rumors didn't start with our people and Yancy has been spreading shit just like that for YEARS. It's crazy to me that some people can't see through their bullshit double standards.

they dont mind being hypocritical at all. They do it time and again

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 01:30 PM

Because as we have all seen from the Egg Bowl victory this year, they can NOT stand it to have shit thrown in their face. If Kalio transfers out, they know that MSU fans are going to bust them on all forms of media about how they got all excited and orchestrated a "flip" over a guy that had he transferred wouldn't have played a down for them. They do not want to face the reality that the players that they pretend are going to lead them back to prominence really aren't.

Also- Gene is a pushover.

But that's the good thing about this board- there's FINALLY a MSU place that can call them out and not have to face the thread getting locked.

Pollodawg
12-22-2013, 01:35 PM
I have always wanted to ask this: Why does SPS lock so many threads about Ole Miss? Is one of the founders an OM alum, married to an OM alum? What are we looking at here?

engie
12-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I have always wanted to ask this: Why does SPS lock so many threads about Ole Miss? Is one of the founders an OM alum, married to an OM alum? What are we looking at here?

None of the above. I'd have to see specifically what you are talking about to comment. DS is a good dude that is all Dawg.

I do think he realizes that OM fans being there and occasionally turning it into Eggbowl.com is good for website hits overall...

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 01:54 PM

DS is MSU all the way. But Ole Miss fans know that is something is being said that they don't like, they can turn it into a money shit slinging contest and get the thread locked.

Pollodawg
12-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Cool enough. It was never DS so much as it was HD6 that got under my skin the most over there.

Coach34
12-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Cool enough. It was never DS so much as it was HD6 that got under my skin the most over there.

HD6 is fat piece of shit. DS is not a bad guy at all and is State all the way. But he is also a businessman, and a shitshow is good for business.