PDA

View Full Version : Question for the board

Rick Danko
12-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Watching Tulane and ULL... Just heard them talking about how Katrina almost closed the school and did really hurt the football program... My question is wasn't there some controversy regarding Tulane, Katrina and Orgeron/OM? I did not keep up with football as much back in his days so just curious of any info. TIA

PassInterference
12-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Didn't that Katrina ravaged team with a temporary home in Shreveport beat Slytanic Crooms?

scottycameron
12-21-2013, 09:44 PM
yes and yes. That was the "thanks for the check" game.

Todd4State
12-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Coach O called Tulane up and told their coach that if Tulane's program shut down to send their QB to Ole Miss. That pissed Tulane's coach off.

Todd4State
12-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Didn't that Katrina ravaged team with a temporary home in Shreveport beat Slytanic Crooms?

We beat them in Shreveport. They beat us in Starkville the next year.

Dawg61
12-21-2013, 09:57 PM
They got a check we got Christian Ducre. Ducre beat Auburn for us once.

Coach34
12-21-2013, 10:02 PM
yes and yes. That was the "thanks for the check" game.

That game was actually the next season I believe. The Katrina year our game was moved to Shreveport and we won. But it is literally one of the worst football games I've ever watched.

Jacksondevildog
12-21-2013, 10:02 PM
The Shreveport victory in 2005, I believe, was one of the worst college football games of all time. It was a win, but it felt like we all lost that day.

PassInterference
12-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Yeah that's right. Tulane had the best punk fake Ive ever seen. NFL quality fade pass from the punter hit a guy on the sidelines.

Political Hack
12-21-2013, 10:31 PM
what year was it that JP Losman whipped our ass in the Super Dome? I think Mwelde Moore was on that team too.

Todd4State
12-21-2013, 10:40 PM
what year was it that JP Losman whipped our ass in the Super Dome? I think Mwelde Moore was on that team too.

2003. And by whipped our ass you mean having an official screw us out of a TD by Justin Jenkins. On the other hand, if you are bitching about officiating in a game against Tulane...

ScoobaDawg
12-21-2013, 11:26 PM
2003. And by whipped our ass you mean having an official screw us out of a TD by Justin Jenkins. On the other hand, if you are bitching about officiating in a game against Tulane...

Ah talk about a day i will never forget...tire blew out on the interstate in the rain and i flew off the road, Gods hand held my car up as it continued spinning while falling and crossing a giant culvert that should of flipped me over on my roof, and set me down in soft brush and young trees. Car looked fine little problem opening the doors, but the frame was twisted and totaled. my friend at the time was fine so she called a friend who lived in New Orleans to come get us. on his way,he flipped his SUV and lost a finger and had to be rushed to the hospital. We got to the hospital and listened to the end of the game as we lost.

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 10:48 AM

no. I mean scoring multiple TDs late in the game as we imploded and lost it. Game should've never been that close.

scottycameron
12-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Ah talk about a day i will never forget...tire blew out on the interstate in the rain and i flew off the road, Gods hand held my car up as it continued spinning while falling and crossing a giant culvert that should of flipped me over on my roof, and set me down in soft brush and young trees. Car looked fine little problem opening the doors, but the frame was twisted and totaled. my friend at the time was fine so she called a friend who lived in New Orleans to come get us. on his way,he flipped his SUV and lost a finger and had to be rushed to the hospital. We got to the hospital and listened to the end of the game as we lost.

DAMN.

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 12:36 PM

damn Scoob, that's a bad day.

WeWillScrewItUp
12-22-2013, 01:16 PM
They got a check we got Christian Ducre. Ducre beat Auburn for us once.

I took speech with Ducre. Cool dude. His "How to" speech was how to make jumbalaya. Dude could cook.