PDA

View Full Version : New football coach at Northwest Rankin?

FlabLoser
12-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Bo Bounds said last week he was getting heavy scoop from multiple sources that NWR was gonna fire their coach.

Anybody else heard that?

NWR out to be a program that coaches from all over would apply for. Bo said something about Pouge taking it. I hope that doesn't happen.

Bo Darville
12-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Bo Bounds said last week he was getting heavy scoop from multiple sources that NWR was gonna fire their coach.

Anybody else heard that?

NWR out to be a program that coaches from all over would apply for. Bo said something about Pouge taking it. I hope that doesn't happen.

He's gone as of a few days ago. Not sure if he was fired or resigned.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-21-2013, 08:24 PM
They've already fired their coach. Last time they were getting a new coach they could have picked out just about any coach in the state. Which makes what Hurt did to the program there suck so much more

whosyourdawgy
12-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Think the principal took a little heat because he canned him without consulting the district first. But it was the right move. Dude might be a nice guy but he was stuck in the dark ages of football. NWR could be a player with a good coach.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Think the principal took a little heat because he canned him without consulting the district first. But it was the right move. Dude might be a nice guy but he was stuck in the dark ages of football. NWR could be a player with a good coach.

I heard that a lot of the parents were complaining and it seemed like they were getting completely poached by MRA. I don't think Hurt is a bad coach- but he didn't seem to fit in. It's probably best for both parties.

Pogue was rumored to be interested in the job the last time it was open, but if they passed over him then, I suspect they will pass over him again. If it were me, I'd go after Anthony Hart of Lafayette or Lance Mancuso from Bassfield. Or Forrest Williams since a lot of the people already appear to like him.

Harrydawg
12-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Todd you are correct, NWR has lost a lot of talent (those that could move did) to Prep and MRA (even Hartfield). The parents I know from NWR have said the issues are not all about athletics, some of it was general issues with academics and support.

I'm not sure that this job is as good as it may appear on the surface due to many issues.

BulldogBear
12-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I am a little surprised by this but also have had a good look at NWR football as 3 of my kids are currently students there. Yep, three teens at once. Scary huh? I remember my dad asking me and my wife if we understood what causes that!!!!!

It was croom offense 101. But I should say this to be fair. When Hurt was successful it was because they had the hosses on the line. THe O line is the most important position on the field. It it good, you can run whatever you want. If it's poor, you can't run a tradional offense without much success against any decent defense. But, it should also be noted that Hurt effectively lost his good QB to baseball.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-22-2013, 09:42 AM
I am a little surprised by this but also have had a good look at NWR football as 3 of my kids are currently students there. Yep, three teens at once. Scary huh? I remember my dad asking me and my wife if we understood what causes that!!!!!

It was croom offense 101. But I should say this to be fair. When Hurt was successful it was because they had the hosses on the line. THe O line is the most important position on the field. It it good, you can run whatever you want. If it's poor, you can't run a tradional offense without much success against any decent defense. But, it should also be noted that Hurt effectively lost his good QB to baseball.
Yep, the only year he did good he had a massive O-line, a running back that I think could have had a chance to go D1, and Humphreys who's currently on MSU's baseball team at QB.

Sundawg1974
12-22-2013, 01:35 PM
He lost his good QB to tommy-john surgery. But he ran a good football program into the ground. Even the first year when he inherited a good team and had a good record, you could see the poor coaching starting to take effect. Then players started leaving. I knew more NWR kids in the Prep-MRA MAIS championship than in NWR games. Sad.

BulldogBear
12-23-2013, 09:25 AM
He lost his good QB to tommy-john surgery. But he ran a good football program into the ground. Even the first year when he inherited a good team and had a good record, you could see the poor coaching starting to take effect. Then players started leaving. I knew more NWR kids in the Prep-MRA MAIS championship than in NWR games. Sad.

That's what I was meaning. He effectively lost the QB to baseball because in order to have the surgery he would basically be unable to play a sport for a semester. He chose to skip on football and be ready for baseball.