PDA

View Full Version : Pulling back the curtain on Kiffin's tweets

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2013, 12:01 PM
The question: What type of coach would make the comments Kiffin made last night?

The answer:

1. A drunk coach

2. A coach that holds some deep rooted level of insecurity and feels that he has to put down the opposition and tell people what he has done, rather than letting his actions speak for themselve.

What Shotgun think happened:

I think there has been a building insecurity in Kiffin over the last few months.

For his entire career and life, it is plausible to think that Kiffin has likely found his significance in life and success in his career by being associated with the Kiffin name. However, over the past 4 months, in football, the Kiffin name has become synonymous with "dog shit". And like many of us who have had a parent loose their job, get arrested, or turn to drugs and alcohol, you can become ashame and embarrassed of your family name and who you are as a person. Combine that with an underachieving season, sputtering recruiting class, getting beat in the Egg Bowl, and on the verge of getting your ass destroyed in the 2015 class, it's easy to see where a person could be indirectly calling for help with it disguised as bravado and non sense.

Therefore, it is clear to me that these comments are a direct result of an insecure human being, that displays impulse reactions, lacks big picture perspective, discipline, likely had a few drinks, and is calling for help due to fear of what his future may hold.

CJDAWG85
12-21-2013, 12:03 PM
I told my dad about it and he said the same thing. That moron was drunk.

Ronny
12-21-2013, 12:08 PM
... analysis necessary.

Kiffin is just an asshole being an asshole.

notsofarawaydawg
12-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Drugs have fried his mind and with the season over he's probably hitting the powder with his brother Marshall. You know Marshall can get the good stuff with his connections and protection by the local police.

jbjones
12-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Therefore, it is clear to me that these comments are a direct result of an insecure human being, that displays impulse reactions, lacks big picture perspective, discipline, likely had a few drinks, and is calling for help due to fear of what his future may hold.

Mr. ShotgunDawg, I think you're seriously reading too much into a drunken asshole's weekend rants. That's all it was, in my opinion.

-JB

Edit: I am loving all of the attraction that it has received, though. You're probably right on your assessment; But I'm sure he was just drunk and feeling a bit sporty. Once he saw a Dawg tweet something at him...it was on. Simple as that. My opinion, of course.

SapperDawg
12-21-2013, 10:09 PM
The real beauty is we, as a community, have not let it die a quiet death yet in the public domain. We need to keep this going for a bit longer, as I am sure they want to see it wiped away quickly.

Political Hack
12-21-2013, 10:36 PM
he's watched Gross, Ward, Hooks, CJ, and now Kimchee disappear on him. None of them have done anything substantial. In fact, if any of them did anything good it was in their first year. They've actually gotten worse under his tutelage.

I'd be insecure too info were him.

messageboardsuperhero
12-21-2013, 10:49 PM
he's watched Gross, Ward, Hooks, CJ, and now Kimchee disappear on him. None of them have done anything substantial. In fact, if any of them did anything good it was in their first year. They've actually gotten worse under his tutelage.

I'd be insecure too info were him.

Ward and Hooks have done jack-shit.
I'll give CJ and Gross a little bit of a pass since they were both banged up this year.
We'll see how year two goes for Nkemdiche next season.

Coach34
12-21-2013, 10:56 PM

that was his point- he didnt develop shit with these two so far

messageboardsuperhero
12-21-2013, 11:20 PM
that was his point- he didnt develop shit with these two so far

Yeah, I got the point- I was backing him up.

ScottH
12-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Don't forget Nakamichi completely emasculated him as a coach in front of his team and a national TV audience.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 01:02 AM
I'll give CJ and Gross a little bit of a pass since they were both banged up this year.
We'll see how year two goes for Nkemdiche next season.

What's sad to me is if Ward and CJ had come to MSU, they would have actually gotten developed and probably would be contributing instead of sitting on the bench behind some recruiting drama queen.

Todd4State
12-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Don't forget Nakamichi completely emasculated him as a coach in front of his team and a national TV audience.

It's kind of hard to respect a coach who doesn't show discipline himself.