PDA

View Full Version : When I was being recruited, this would have pissed me off

Coach34
12-20-2013, 07:04 PM
@RivalsChase: CJ Hampton said Freeze called him at 5 a.m. this morning. Wanted to make sure he was first.?

Granted, I was just a juco and there was almost no fighting going on for me- but even if there had been, calling me at 5am would have eliminated you from the race

Coach34
12-20-2013, 07:05 PM
It's the dead period- are coaches allowed to call recruits????? #NCAA rules

Jacksondevildog
12-20-2013, 07:09 PM
I believe that Hampton had signed his financial aid agreement with three different schools. Those three schools had unlimited contact with him.

Coach34
12-20-2013, 07:16 PM
ahhhhh, ok

FlabLoser
12-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Define financial agreement.

thedawg
12-20-2013, 07:38 PM
They actually did lose a kid for this exact thing.. Orgeron called a kid at 5 am and eliminated them because he was so annoyed... A rb from Lumberton that ended up at Bama name escapes me.. Apparently Freeze learned from the master

Jacksondevildog
12-20-2013, 07:43 PM
FSU and Bama: NCAA and school financial papers
Ole Miss: Hookers and blow

preachermatt83
12-20-2013, 07:52 PM
They actually did lose a kid for this exact thing.. Orgeron called a kid at 5 am and eliminated them because he was so annoyed... A rb from Lumberton that ended up at Bama name escapes me.. Apparently Freeze learned from the master
terry grant

dawgs
12-20-2013, 08:18 PM
there's a lot of shit that goes on in recruiting that would piss me off royally. getting calls/texts all the time from coaches at all times of the day and getting flooded with hundreds of letters from the same program are just the beginning of my list.

msstate7
12-20-2013, 08:25 PM
there's a lot of shit that goes on in recruiting that would piss me off royally. getting calls/texts all the time from coaches at all times of the day and getting flooded with hundreds of letters from the same program are just the beginning of my list.

I agree, but I think most recruits are attention whores

Pokerdawg44
12-20-2013, 09:39 PM
It's the dead period- are coaches allowed to call recruits????? #NCAA rules

I believe each school is allowed one call per a week during dead period

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:31 PM
I was told that Coach O showed up at Quay's house in the middle of the night from USC a few weeks before he enrolled at state.

He and Freezus are from the same school of thought.

smootness
12-20-2013, 11:39 PM

Yup. If I was a huge stud that could choose where I went, I would let them all know from the beginning that if they called me more than once/week or sent me anything in the mail that wasn't hand-written and personal, they would be off my list.

Picking a school should be about doing your research and finding the best fit for you, not who sends you 800 million letters in the mail or calls you in the middle of the night.

hells bells
12-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Yup. If I was a huge stud that could choose where I went, I would let them all know from the beginning that if they called me more than once/week or sent me anything in the mail that wasn't hand-written and personal, they would be off my list.

Picking a school should be about doing your research and finding the best fit for you, not who sends you 800 million letters in the mail or calls you in the middle of the night.

My senior year in high school I had two stud football players heavily recruited. I read LETTERS from major univerties on a weekly basis to each one of them. They did not have twitter, Facebook, snap chat, text or all this other bullshit media. Barely had game film. The hype I see now is at nausea level to me. Bottom line, put em on the field and let the talent sort them out.

Political Hack
12-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Ole miss was sending me letters in 8th grade. my wife wouldn't let me throw them away. she thought it was hilarious when my mom dropped off a big pile of old junk and it had those in them.

Will James
12-21-2013, 09:15 AM
I'd collect money from everyone but State promising them a hat ceremony committment and then threaten to turn them all in if they ratted once I picked up the Maroon and White hat.