PDA

View Full Version : It's official- Ole Miss flips Ole Miss commit CJ Hampton to Ole Miss

Coach34
12-20-2013, 06:12 PM
well done guys.

Todd4State
12-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Dan better get his ass in gear!!!*******

bully99
12-20-2013, 06:30 PM
You knew it was gonna be Ole Miss because Talty and Yancy were both there. They would not have gone if he were picking someone else. How does the clarion ledger justify the expenses of sending talty to meridian for this nonsense. Oh I forgot it's OM.

mic
12-20-2013, 06:34 PM
why did he go with Arkansas for the 4th hat.??
I figured since Freeze and company orchestrated this whole production.
They would have gone with some other hat besides Ark.?? Like Oregon or Auburn or Ohio St..

gravedigger
12-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Good job rebs. Hope he continues the trend of the last 5 years. Not hating and all.

MetEdDawg
12-20-2013, 06:35 PM
We are winning the day right now. You have a kid committed for a year and a half, he decommits for 3 days, then recommits at a press conference? They are paranoid about us passing them and are doing everything they can to drum up publicity for themselves.

We just beat the best OM team of the last 5 years with our 2nd worst team in the last 5 years. As long as they continue to focus on the crap that doesn't matter and we continue to win on the field, they can do whatever publicity stunt bull crap they want. In the end, they just look stupid.

msstate7
12-20-2013, 06:35 PM
This is the dumbest crap I've ever heard of. Being an OM fan has to be a sad existence.

Coach34
12-20-2013, 06:37 PM
why did he go with Arkansas for the 4th hat.??..

He visited UPig back during the season

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2013, 06:44 PM
This episode is so embarrassing to OM. Simply, Stuff like this just has nothing to do with winning football games.

I am about winning football games, and I want everything our program does to contribute to winning football games.

Stuff like what happened today is embarrassing and ultimately shows where the priorities of OM lie.

defiantdog
12-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Still not impressed with the guy. I'm guessing freeze guaranteed him early play and saban told him he'd have to redshirt. Besides, who wants a kid that wants to go to a school with no discipline and pushing coaches is acceptable?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-20-2013, 06:56 PM
We just beat the best OM team of the last 5 years with our 2nd worst team in the last 5 years. As long as they continue to focus on the crap that doesn't matter and we continue to win on the field, they can do whatever publicity stunt bull crap they want. In the end, they just look stupid.

I'm pretty sure the 2009 Bear team was the best in five years and one could argue our team this year was better than the 2012 version and certainly better than the 2009 version.

But other than that you are spot on that this is nothing but them being the attention whores they are.

Sacrifice
12-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Ha OM is off there game they pulled the trigger way to early. Should have waited about 3 weeks. I'm very disappointed in them...

AlSwearengen
12-20-2013, 07:02 PM
This really is becoming laughable. My question is, will coaches like Saban, Jimbo Fisher, etc., get tired of their games? Or do they even give a shit?

Covercorner2
12-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Does Freezus post a picture of the same bass again?

FlabLoser
12-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Does Freezus post a picture of the same bass again?

Well played.

CJDAWG85
12-20-2013, 07:16 PM
This is sad and pathetic... But really ****ing funny at the same time

messageboardsuperhero
12-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Well, if you can't #WinTheDay, you might as well #WinThePressConference.

Seriously though, do they expect anyone to believe this stuff? This was clearly a decommit/recommit setup from the start. Shit like this is why it's difficult for me to follow football recruiting- too much manufactured and orchestrated melodrama.

thedawg
12-20-2013, 07:32 PM
What a douche nozzle #wintheday

mic
12-20-2013, 07:57 PM
I just got a text saying that CJ actually said "roll with Mississippi" when he chose.
wow.. freeze and company have some balls that's for sure.. No way the kid thought that up himself.. If he did props to him... actually pretty good..

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Well he lied to several AL coaches, recruits and players and they won't forget that shit.

Freezus better be ready for the reckoning when Bama comes to Oxford next year.

hells bells
12-20-2013, 08:25 PM
well done guys.

Well Coach the Bears are back. Flipped there own player. Don't know if I will sleep tonight. Wish CJ the best. Have to admit I am shocked. Wink wink.

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:34 PM
lmao. I've never seen any group self manufacture so much self importance. it's outstanding.

HunterDawg
12-20-2013, 11:02 PM
lmao. I've never seen any group self manufacture so much self importance. it's outstanding.

I sure am glad it didn't work. No one paid the slightest attention to it. Just look, there only a half dozen threads on this board about it.

In fact, we have 9 threads on the first page about Ole Miss. WTF?

I am so sick of reading about the Bear's recruits on this board. Let's talk about our own recruiting for a change.

Who are we going to finish with and who are the must haves on our list?

Covercorner2
12-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Tsun Crootin!! Woo hoo!

thf24
12-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Wait, did he actually sign somehow or just "recommit?" If the latter is the case, I'd venture a guess that this saga isn't over yet. Also, even if he sticks with Ole Miss on the promise that he doesn't have to redshirt, how much significant playing time does he think he's going to get playing behind (best case) Cody Prewitt and Tony Conner?

Political Hack
12-21-2013, 08:35 AM
I sure am glad it didn't work. No one paid the slightest attention to it. Just look, there only a half dozen threads on this board about it.

In fact, we have 9 threads on the first page about Ole Miss. WTF?

I am so sick of reading about the Bear's recruits on this board. Let's talk about our own recruiting for a change.

Who are we going to finish with and who are the must haves on our list?

if you can't find comedic value in this I'm not sure what to tell you. sometimes it's fun to point and laugh... and with them, it's often way too easy.

ScottH
12-21-2013, 09:28 AM
If you flip a recruit from you to you is that the equivalent of recruiting masturbation?

FlabLoser
12-21-2013, 09:59 AM
If you flip a recruit from you to you is that the equivalent of recruiting masturbation?

Yes

http://gifs8.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/img6047.gif?880205

JohnT
12-21-2013, 10:05 AM
No offense y'all, but for us to make fun of TSUN for landing one of the top safeties in the country is ****ing stupid and we all look like idiots. You all know we would love to have him come play for us in Starkville, so don't act any differently towards the kid because he is going to Ole Piss. And for those of you saying, "Recruiting doesn't matter we will still win on the field every year!" When Freeze starts consistently kicking Mullen's ass in recruiting, it will show on the field. Yeah, we won this year, but by god I would be amazed if we did next year. I'm a diehard Dawg but I wish Mullen could do some of the things Freeze does. Done ranting sorry

Political Hack
12-21-2013, 10:40 AM
no one is making fun of the kid. I'm sure most would love to have him at state, but these games they play are over the top ridiculous. that's the point of the thread.

also, their class isn't that impressive. Year after year the pull in high three and four stars who never pan out. I'll take our developmental 2 and 3's (Gabe and Banks) over their fours (Brassell and Tobias) every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

JohnT
12-21-2013, 11:52 AM
I was talking about Freeze's classes, not Nutt's. We all said their 5stars were gonna be busts and they sure as hell weren't. Freeze is different than Houston, and it just scares me. And good god can we all stop saying Ole Mi$$. We look dumb as hell I'm sorry.

msstate7
12-21-2013, 12:18 PM
I was talking about Freeze's classes, not Nutt's. We all said their 5stars were gonna be busts and they sure as hell weren't. Freeze is different than Houston, and it just scares me. And good god can we all stop saying Ole Mi$$. We look dumb as hell I'm sorry.

Jones > Kim

Wilson < treadwell now but that gap is closing quickly

We have no answer for tunsil

They have no answer for shump

Golson and Clayborn are a wash at this point

They have no answers for our freshmen lb's in the browns

Their freshman class is no more impressive than our freshman class right now.

Oh and we have dak so 17 them

HunterDawg
12-21-2013, 12:21 PM
People who say "I don't care if we go 1-11 as long as the 1 is Ole Miss" are idiots. They are one team in our conference and they rarely even finish in the top half of the West. How can beating them be such a big deal? We might as well be celebrating a big win over Kentucky. If beating Kentucky was our highest goal and beating them made our entire season, what would it say about us?

Until we start beating LSU and A&M and Alabama and teams like that we will always just be trying to stay out of the cellar. Not a good goal.

Dan has never beaten an SEC team that finished the season with a winning SEC record. Never. We need to stop and think about that before we celebrate our 2 and 3 star successes. If you want to compete in the SEC you have to land big time talent. Saying other teams recruits aren't really any good won't do it.

Percho
12-21-2013, 12:26 PM
No offense y'all, but for us to make fun of TSUN for landing one of the top safeties in the country is ****ing stupid and we all look like idiots. You all know we would love to have him come play for us in Starkville, so don't act any differently towards the kid because he is going to Ole Piss. And for those of you saying, "Recruiting doesn't matter we will still win on the field every year!" When Freeze starts consistently kicking Mullen's ass in recruiting, it will show on the field. Yeah, we won this year, but by god I would be amazed if we did next year. I'm a diehard Dawg but I wish Mullen could do some of the things Freeze does. Done ranting sorry

Hide and watch!

msstate7
12-21-2013, 12:27 PM
People who say "I don't care if we go 1-11 as long as the 1 is Ole Miss" are idiots. They are one team in our conference and they rarely even finish in the top half of the West. How can beating them be such a big deal? We might as well be celebrating a big win over Kentucky. If beating Kentucky was our highest goal and beating them made our entire season, what would it say about us?

Until we start beating LSU and A&M and Alabama and teams like that we will always just be trying to stay out of the cellar. Not a good goal.

Dan has never beaten an SEC team that finished the season with a winning SEC record. Never. We need to stop and think about that before we celebrate our 2 and 3 star successes. If you want to compete in the SEC you have to land big time talent. Saying other teams recruits aren't really any good won't do it.

You're right we should stop looking for gabe Jacksons, Jonathan banks, Jamal clayborns, daks, etc.

CJDAWG85
12-21-2013, 12:38 PM
So it's our fault the teams we beat don't do well in conference games? We've beaten a couple teams that kept them from having a winning conference record.

engie
12-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Heavy troll presence showing up for this one...

Todd4State
12-21-2013, 12:51 PM

The fact that we have Ole Miss fans like you over here trolling about this just makes us laugh at you even more.

Todd4State
12-21-2013, 12:53 PM

If they'll manufature a flip of one of their own recruits, you know they will manufature the response that they want from State fans.

JohnT
12-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Okay I am an Ole Miss fan. But I will be friendly. No more trolling. I'm sorry

FlabLoser
12-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Okay I am an Ole Miss fan. But I will be friendly. No more trolling. I'm sorry

Thanks for reading.

mic
12-21-2013, 02:00 PM
The CJ deal is like drawing names for gift exchange at your family Christmas and you draw you own name.
To: Me
and acting surprised and thanking yourself when you open it..

Well Played OM staff..

Political Hack
12-21-2013, 02:07 PM
and now we have ole miss fans posing as State fans to ask State fans to quit making fun of OM for the stupid shit they do.

this gets better and better. Four and one has driven them nuts. They've seriously lost it.

HunterDawg
12-21-2013, 02:22 PM
The CJ deal is like drawing names for gift exchange at your family Christmas and you draw you own name.
To: Me
and acting surprised and thanking yourself when you open it..

Well Played OM staff..

Sure it is, but it is working. If that is how the game is played now then we need to play the game. Let's have a big ceremony for one of our guys and let him pick up the Maroon hat. Stream it out to the world. Everybody else does it. Why not us?

Saban, Miles, they all do it. They generate big talk and big rumors about their own locked in recruits for a reason. Recruits like the drama. Fans like the drama. The press likes the drama. Boards like this depend on it.

Times have changed and we need to get up to speed. An Ark hat on the table for Hampton? Ark? Really. FSU? Come on.

BossDawg
12-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Freeze is different than Houston, and it just scares me.

Well you're just a ***** then. Freeze's offense intimidated some initially, but I think the conference has figured his high school shit out. Apparently he's good at tickling the balls of some blue-chips, but I wouldn't put him past Hooty just yet.

engie
12-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Sure it is, but it is working. If that is how the game is played now then we need to play the game. Let's have a big ceremony for one of our guys and let him pick up the Maroon hat. Stream it out to the world. Everybody else does it. Why not us?
Because it's not who we are -- nor who we are trying to be.

Saban, Miles, they all do it. They generate big talk and big rumors about their own locked in recruits for a reason. Recruits like the drama. Fans like the drama. The press likes the drama. Boards like this depend on it.
This board depends very little on recruiting drama. And no, Saban and Miles don't stage decommitts and recommits to garner faux momentum.

Times have changed and we need to get up to speed. An Ark hat on the table for Hampton? Ark? Really. FSU? Come on.
So what?

engie
12-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Well you're just a ***** then. Freeze's offense intimidated some initially, but I think the conference has figured his high school shit out. Apparently he's good at tickling the balls of some blue-chips, but I wouldn't put him past Hooty just yet.

Houston Nutt 2 years: 1-1 against MSU, 2-0 against LSU, 1-0 vs Tebow in the Swamp, 18-8 overall, 2 Cotton Bowl wins
Hugh Freeze 2 years: 1-1 against MSU, 1-1 against LSU, beat a down Texas team in Austin, 14-11 overall, 1 Birmingham Bowl win and a Music City Bowl

messageboardsuperhero
12-21-2013, 02:43 PM

Bullshit. I'll give you that some recruits and media like it (even fans at some schools like it), but I guarantee you that the vast majority of MSU fans HATE unnecessary 'crootin drama. That's just not who we are and it's not what we are interested in.

I want to win football games- shit like planned decommits/recommits to create publicity and boost your ego does not help you accomplish that.

messageboardsuperhero
12-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Because it's not who we are -- nor who we are trying to be.

This board depends very little on recruiting drama. And no, Saban and Miles don't stage decommitts and recommits to garner faux momentum.

Exactly.

mic
12-21-2013, 03:06 PM
I am willing to bet in since this whole recruiting crap has blown up like it has.
Not one kid has ever decommitted from a school and with in a week held a presser and recommitted back to them..
so NO Saban, Miles, and the other big boys don't orchestrate silly shit like this..

Political Hack
12-21-2013, 03:10 PM
I am willing to bet in since this whole recruiting crap has blown up like it has.
Not one kid has ever decommitted from a school and with in a week held a presser and recommitted back to them..
so NO Saban, Miles, and the other big boys don't orchestrate silly shit like this..

ole miss is leading the way is lunacy.

bulldawg28
12-21-2013, 04:09 PM
ole miss is leading the way is lunacy.

And it's not even close.

EngineerDawg
12-21-2013, 05:14 PM
The new Ole Miss theme song: Gameover - Lil Flip.

Keywords... Flip, flip, Flip, etc...

State82
12-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Bullshit. I'll give you that some recruits and media like it (even fans at some schools like it), but I guarantee you that the vast majority of MSU fans HATE unnecessary 'crootin drama. That's just not who we are and it's not what we are interested in.

I want to win football games- shit like planned decommits/recommits to create publicity and boost your ego does not help you accomplish that.

I agree wholeheartedly. You can definitely put me in the vast majority that hate it. Not interested.

BulldogBear
12-21-2013, 06:41 PM

This. Yep, have really had to refrain from my already rare tirades. Folks, just enjoy the circus let the scoreboard continue to speak for itself as it has for a generation.

RougeDawg
12-21-2013, 10:10 PM

Must be crowded under the bridge in Oxford.

Todd4State
12-21-2013, 10:16 PM

Well, Richie Brown did his announcement thing with that baby who is his family member when he committed- but even then it was done with class. He didn't have a bunch of hats on a table to essentially diss the other teams recruiting him with a hat fake. But Dan is NOT going to waste his time coming up with hat fakes and crap like that- nor should he. If one of our guys does it- fine- but we're not going to actively plan it, and we sure as hell aren't going to do something stupid like ask Aeries Williams to "de-commit" so that we can "flip" him a week later.

Also, Saban and Miles don't do that either- because it's a colossal waste of everyone's time.

But the thing you need to realize is this too- IF we manufactured flips, it would end up being just as transparent and ridiculous as Ole Miss flipping Kalio Moore and CJ Hampton. And that defeats the whole purpose of the "flip". They were expecting us and Alabama to be up in arms about this. Instead, we are laughing at them and because of that, their d-line coach is acting like a second grader on twitter and they are coming up with trolls left and right to try to stop the ridicule.

There is nothing "up to speed" about what they are doing. I don't see Bama or LSU's d-line coach acting like a moron on twitter and them flipping their own recruits.

jbjones
12-21-2013, 10:31 PM
There is nothing "up to speed" about what they are doing. I don't see Bama or LSU's d-line coach acting like a moron on twitter and them flipping their own recruits.

Quoted for MF'ing TRUTH

-JB

dawg27
12-22-2013, 03:04 PM
I has a crayon!!!

Behrdawg
12-22-2013, 03:11 PM
I has a crayon!!!

See ya **** face.

Cap'n
12-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Their freshman class is no more impressive than our freshman class right now.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-2013-postseason-all-freshman-team

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-12-13/freshmen-all-americans-sporting-news-jameis-winston-myles-jack

http://247sports.com/Article/2013-247Sports-True-Freshman-All-American-Team-166403

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 08:01 PM
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-2013-postseason-all-freshman-team

Aww, are you butthurt and over here trolling?? It's killing you that you can read only, so you throw out this weak shit? Damn, you are an embarrassment to your school.. Now drift on back to bannation.

17-10
4 out of 5
Hail Damn State

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Anxious to see who will be the one to ban Cap'n Douchenozzle here

Behrdawg
12-22-2013, 08:08 PM

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-12-13/freshmen-all-americans-sporting-news-jameis-winston-myles-jack

http://247sports.com/Article/2013-247Sports-True-Freshman-All-American-Team-166403

Goodbye, you little prick with ears.

Cap'n
12-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Aww, are you butthurt and over here trolling?? It's killing you that you can read only, so you throw out this weak shit? Damn, you are an embarrassment to your school.. Now drift on back to bannation.

17-10
4 out of 5
Hail Damn State

Providing evidence against what I believe to be an inaccurate statement. Nothing else. If that deserves a ban, then enjoy yourselves over here. It's been fun.

CadaverDawg
12-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Goodbye, you little prick with ears.

Awesome. Behr banning a Bear

Political Hack
12-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Four and One seems more evident than recruiting site links... but that's only in the real world.

Coach34
12-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Their freshman class overall is a little more star-studded- no doubt. They pulled in 4-5 outstanding ones. But throughout the group- we wont see alot of difference over the 4 years- especially with them losing Paidwell, Tunsil, Conner, and Kimchee after their Jr years

BossDawg
12-22-2013, 08:31 PM
losing Kimchee after their Jr years

Who's gonna want Robert NKardashian's hot-headed, tip-snatching fat ass? I haven't seen anything from him to be impressed about.