PDA

View Full Version : James Franklin top of UT list

TheRef
12-20-2013, 03:59 PM
This is per Pete Thamel of SI.

msstate7
12-20-2013, 04:01 PM
This is per Pete Thamel of SI.

Just want the hire to be an sec coach on our schedule next season.

TheRef
12-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Just want the hire to be an sec coach on our schedule next season.

You may get your wish if Franklin is hired. We play Vandy between BAMA and TSUN.

Coach34
12-20-2013, 04:21 PM
James Franklin top of UT list

He is now that they have missed on about 5 other targets

Thick
12-20-2013, 04:43 PM
He is now that they have missed on about 5 other targets

I haven't paid any attention since Saban. Who else have they been turned down by?

quickstrike2
12-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Franklin is a quality coach and a solid prospect, but I cant see him being there number one option. I think they have put some feelers to a couple guys and have been turned down. However, Franklin will do well there, its hard not to.

It seems to me that coaches aren't jumping ship as much, even when the big name jobs come open. USC and Texas being two, that in my opinion, had to settle for the 4 or 5th guy on their list.

Dawg61
12-20-2013, 05:20 PM
I hope Franklin stays at Vandy. He makes Tennessee weaker and he makes Ole Miss have a tougher game each year. It helps MSU for Vandy to be better. We only play them once every 7 years and I'm fine with having 1 tougher game every 7 years if it means Ole Miss has a tougher game every season and Tennessee gets hurt 365 from a better Vanderbilt.

AROB44
12-20-2013, 05:36 PM
I still think Texas ends up with Gus. The Aubbie meltdown would be epic.

missouridawg
12-20-2013, 05:55 PM

The day Mack Brown was fired, I handicapped James Franklin as the leader and the Gus Malzahn as the number 2. If this search runs past the new year, it will be Gus.

And, also, I could be a complete moron and get it all wrong.

smootness
12-20-2013, 06:02 PM
I would go after Briles as hard as I could, and if he turned it down for some reason, I would go after him again.

That is an absolute no-brainer to me; the guy is as connected to the state of TX as anybody in the country and has turned BAYLOR into what it is today in a pretty short amount of time. No fall-off post-RG III. The guy is legit.

RougeDawg
12-20-2013, 06:29 PM
The day Mack Brown was fired, I handicapped James Franklin as the leader and the Gus Malzahn as the number 2. If this search runs past the new year, it will be Gus.

And, also, I could be a complete moron and get it all wrong.

^^^This^^^**.

I agree I think Gus is their best hire if he would be willing to go. The question is, will Auburn use some of their player/recruiting slush fund to keep Gus around. I wonder if his Dad has a church that needs some repairs?

Schultzy
12-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Texas will go after malzhan and he will take the job.

gravedigger
12-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Briles, or try to get Missouri's coach, or Louisville's coach.

Franklin is a pretty good get for them though if you think about it. ANYONE that can make Vandy that competitive, has got to be able to do well at Texas. Of course I thought the same thing about a coach from North Carolina, but he didn't fare that poorly.

Kind of brings up an interesting question. IF msu had Texas' money to spend and Saban and Malzhan were off the table as they are for Texas presumably, who would you think we should go for?

Dawgowar
12-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Briles, or try to get Missouri's coach, or Louisville's coach.

Franklin is a pretty good get for them though if you think about it. ANYONE that can make Vandy that competitive, has got to be able to do well at Texas. Of course I thought the same thing about a coach from North Carolina, but he didn't fare that poorly.

Kind of brings up an interesting question. IF msu had Texas' money to spend and Saban and Malzhan were off the table as they are for Texas presumably, who would you think we should go for?

I will not make a Hud joke!
I will not...

Bothrops
12-20-2013, 08:01 PM

If Texas somehow gets Malzahn, that will be a huge burden off of our program going forward!

CadaverDawg
12-20-2013, 08:51 PM
If Texas somehow gets Malzahn, that will be a huge burden off of our program going forward!

This

Hope it's Malzahn

Dawgtini
12-21-2013, 10:19 AM
I think it will be one of
1. Jimbo Fisher
2. James Franklin
3. Gus Bus

Political Hack
12-21-2013, 10:42 AM
I hope it's Gus or Sumlin. If be happy to see either removed from our schedule next year. I think that turns both of those games from a toss up or loss type game to a probable win.

Pollodawg
12-21-2013, 10:45 AM
I hope it's Gus or Sumlin. If be happy to see either removed from our schedule next year. I think that turns both of those games from a toss up or loss type game to a probable win.

Sumlin doesn't bother me. We've seen what Sumlin is without a superstar QB. When Keenum went down in 2010, they were horrible. And I expect us to beat TAMU next season without JFF regardless of who their coach is.