PDA

View Full Version : SIAP: Jamiyus Pittman dropped by ole miss

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-20-2013, 11:54 AM
http://olemiss.247sports.com/Board/59412/Jamiyus-Pittman-24169449/1
http://ucf.247sports.com/Article/Ole-Miss-commit-to-visit-UCF-166801
From the UCF247 writer:
"Per a source...
Pittman's visit is for the weekend of Jan. 24. Apparently, he's not a take for GT anymore, a school rumored to have interest. The source said Ole Miss would rather him find another school.
That could leave UCF in prime position for him."
Basically om is politely telling this kid to look for another school. Where's the outrage???

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 11:59 AM
We didn't "drop him".

We offered him a grey shirt

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 12:03 PM
We didn't "drop him".

you know who's not friendly? me. welcome to the land of bannation.

PMDawg2
12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
bwahahahaha

archdog
12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
We didn't "drop him".

So you told him that he can come to UM, if he pays his own way? So in other words, you dropped him.

smootness
12-20-2013, 12:06 PM
We didn't "drop him".

You told him he had a scholarship right now, then later told him it was actually a greyshirt and would prefer he go somewhere else.

So yes, you dropped him.

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 12:07 PM
you know who's not friendly? me. welcome to the land of bannation.

I wasn't flaming. I was just saying, just like ya'll with Liggins, we offered a grey shirt.

Did nothing to warrant a ban. Cool the jets.

archdog
12-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Are you telling me that Coach Freisze cannot actually follow through on his 685 scholarship offers he has sent out for the 2014 season? And he accepted a commitment from this guy for a scholarship? Now he is indian giving said scholarship?

How is this not dropping the kid?

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 12:09 PM
The OP didn't really clarify so.. I was just clearing that up

archdog
12-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Where is Talty on this? Didn't he write up a story bashing us last week over this, including Liggins' high school coaches comements?
I would love to see Talty or whomever wrote that article, to write one on this player who's life may have been ruined because of Freeze's bullshit. Oh wait, I bet this time it was okay for the coaching staff to go in a different direction? The rebs fans and media are right, I hate them.

smootness
12-20-2013, 12:12 PM
I wasn't flaming. I was just saying, just like ya'll with Liggins, we offered a grey shirt.

Did nothing to warrant a ban. Cool the jets.

No one is complaining that you did something we didn't. It's the fact that you can guarantee there will be no article with Pittman's freaking high school coach asking him his feelings about Ole Miss immediately after this.

Talty wrote a hit piece on us, period.

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Where is Talty on this? Didn't he write up a story bashing us last week over this, including Liggins' high school coaches comements?
I would love to see Talty or whomever wrote that article, to write one on this player who's life may have been ruined because of Freeze's bullshit. Oh wait, I bet this time it was okay for the coaching staff to go in a different direction? The rebs fans and media are right, I hate them.

Did you even stop to think for a second maybe, just maybe, the situations are different?

defiantdog
12-20-2013, 12:20 PM
No one is complaining that you did something we didn't. It's the fact that you can guarantee there will be no article with Pittman's freaking high school coach asking him his feelings about Ole Miss immediately after this.

Talty wrote a hit piece on us, period.

Its because the rev freeze had only good intentions to help this kid out.... what a joke.

Schultzy
12-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Did you even stop to think for a second maybe, just maybe, the situations are different?

The situations are the same except for the schools and players involved and the attitudes toward the universities by the writer/paper.
Your lack of objectivity should be embarrassing to yourself but isn't.

DLGDawg
12-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Did you even stop for a minute and think, maybe, just maybe, the situations are exactly the same?

smootness
12-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Even if the situations aren't 100% identical, why wouldn't Talty also call Pittman's HS coach to get his feelings on what just happened? Hey, if Ole Miss did everything well, it should be a positive piece, right?

The bottom line is, the only reason you would ever call a player's HS coach right after a school dropped him is to be able to get negative quotes to print them for a hit piece.

You could argue he was just doing it to be able to write a story, but first, that's a terrible way to go about being a writer, and two, the fact that he isn't doing it for both schools means he at least has some sort of agenda.

BeastMan
12-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Talty did. The HC is Rush Probst who is a professional and understands how to work the media.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/recruiting/2013/12/20/rush-propst-okay-with-jamiyus-pittmans-grayshirt-offer/

As I told y'all, Johny Hill's quotes made that story, not Talty writing it. Johny Hill was defending his player but went overboard with a reporter. Probst understands that blasting a school isn't best for his kids long run and handled like a pro. I like Hill wanting to take up for his kids but he needs to look at Probst quotes and see how to handle things publicly.

smootness
12-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Talty did. The HC is Rush Probst who is a professional and understands how to work the media.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/recruiting/2013/12/20/rush-propst-okay-with-jamiyus-pittmans-grayshirt-offer/

As I told y'all, Johny Hill's quotes made that story, not Talty writing it. Johny Hill was defending his player but went overboard with a reporter. Probst understands that blasting a school isn't best for his kids long run and handled like a pro. I like Hill wanting to take up for his kids but he needs to look at Probst quotes and see how to handle things publicly.

Wow, fair enough. Kudos to Talty for calling him as well, I take back my agenda claim.

Although you're still left to wonder if he would have printed it had it been negative as well. Kinda funny that now the result is, you read the two stories and are left thinking State did something awful and Ole Miss is helping the kid out.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Wow, fair enough. Kudos to Talty for calling him as well, I take back my agenda claim.

Although you're still left to wonder if he would have printed it had it been negative as well. Kinda funny that now the result is, you read the two stories and are left thinking State did something awful and Ole Miss is helping the kid out.
+1...Just scroll through the headlines and you'll see a pattern of negative slant towards MSU. I'm surprised the Ronald Walker story isn't gaining more traction: http://blogs.clarionledger.com/recruiting/2013/12/19/callaway-star-ronald-walker-signs-with-co-lin/ "But Ole Miss didn’t take an active role in finding a junior college for Walker after it became apparent he needed to go the junior college route. Davis said that while multiple schools inquired with him about Walker, no school definitively placed him there."
I wonder what Callaway's coach thinks about this or is he fat and happy with the other 3 attending om?

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 02:27 PM
he still looks like willy wonka.

CadaverDawg
12-20-2013, 02:31 PM
he still looks like willy wonka.

I think he looks more like Charlie, the kid in Willy Wonka

DevilDawg
12-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Here's an article right here where Pittman's coach said he would benefit from a grey shirt.... that is written by John Talty. Big difference between this situation and what happened in Oxford last week.

Talty's hit piece on TSUN (http://blogs.clarionledger.com/recruiting/2013/12/20/rush-propst-okay-with-jamiyus-pittmans-grayshirt-offer/)

smootness
12-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Here's an article right here where Pittman's coach said he would benefit from a grey shirt.... that is written by John Talty. Big difference between this situation and what happened in Oxford last week.

Talty's hit piece on TSUN (http://blogs.clarionledger.com/recruiting/2013/12/20/rush-propst-okay-with-jamiyus-pittmans-grayshirt-offer/)

See ya, bud.