PDA

View Full Version : Matt Stevens

bully99
12-20-2013, 11:40 AM
For the past several months people on here and elsewhere have talked about Stevens and how he treats MSU. I've somewhat defended him mostly because I haven't read much of his stuff. And then I started to listen to his podcast he does on sixpackspeak and all I can say is WOW! That guy really does hate MSU. Everything thing he says about MSU, Starkville and sports is negative and nasty.

Thought I heard it all until I was listening to todays (Friday) podcast and in the first 2 or 3 minutes the topic was University of Georgia and Stevens said Georgia was just another college when he's on their campus, he "wonders why in the hell would a kid choose to go to Mississippi State "instead of going someplace else. Had to listen several times to make sure a MSU beat writer was saying this about a school he covers on a daily basis. I've never heard a writer who hates the school he covers more than Stevens. Couple weeks ago he said Hugh Freeze had no reason to leave Ole Miss because he made lots of money and he lived in Oxford, one of the best places to live in America. Would any writer ever say anything negative about a school that he covers. Hell no.
Boy was I wrong. I'm ready to take 20 lashes across my ass from Coach34. Go listen. You only have to go a couple of minutes into the podcast.
And why didn't Brian Hadad and Joel Coleman call Stevens out on that shit. They just laugh it up like it's funny.

Coach34
12-20-2013, 11:43 AM
need to ling the podcast to Strick's twitter and voice the complaints. Make yourself heard.

Post the link here for others of us here to do the same

C222
12-20-2013, 11:44 AM
For the past several months people on here and elsewhere have talked about Stevens and how he treats MSU. I've somewhat defended him mostly because I haven't read much of his stuff. And then I started to listen to his podcast he does on sixpackspeak and all I can say is WOW! That guy really does hate MSU. Everything thing he says about MSU, Starkville and sports is negative and nasty.

Thought I heard it all until I was listening to todays (Friday) podcast and in the first 2 or 3 minutes the topic was University of Georgia and Stevens said Georgia was just another college when he's on their campus, he "wonders why in the hell would a kid choose to go to Mississippi State "instead of going someplace else. Had to listen several times to make sure a MSU beat writer was saying this about a school he covers on a daily basis. I've never heard a writer who hates the school he covers more than Stevens. Couple weeks ago he said Hugh Freeze had no reason to leave Ole Miss because he made lots of money and he lived in Oxford, one of the best places to live in America. Would any writer ever say anything negative about a school that he covers. Hell no.
Boy was I wrong. I'm ready to take 20 lashes across my ass from Coach34. Go listen. You only have to go a couple of minutes into the podcast.
And why didn't Brian Hadad and Joel Coleman call Stevens out on that shit. They just laugh it up like it's funny.

I wish we would stop giving his access to our program. He's the absolute worst.

Goat Holder
12-20-2013, 12:10 PM
I can't tell if that's Stevens or Hadad. They all sound like queers to me. I can't listen to that crap. Just typical MSU losers. That Joel Coleman guy of course cowers down and agrees with them. Just worthless.

What these idiots don't realize is that BULLDOG Sports Radio is more successful if they promote MSU. Not tear it down. Nobody wants to listen to their negative BS.

archdog
12-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Can they hire a True Maroon state fan to be our beat writer? Jeez

bully99
12-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Joel Coleman sounds like Ronnie Musgrove. And that ain't good.

Goat Holder
12-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Can't do that because our fans will bitch about us not being objective. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I've resigned myself to the fact that MSU is going to have punch and claw for everything we get. And journalism in this country is just shitty anyway, for reasons I won't go into here.

gravedigger
12-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Most likely hd6 didn't say anything for two reasons:

Stevens didn't tease the dumbass for one of his idiotic rants about racism.

He can't hear with his mouth full of twinkies.

notsofarawaydawg
12-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Well, the Commercial Disgrace doesn't pay anything to their staff. They are as cheap as hell when it comes to salaries. They will never have any good beat writers at that shitty rag.

gravedigger
12-20-2013, 12:30 PM
He's trying to beat out talty for dibs on who gets nex on a beat job at the clarion ledger for om or state.

messageboardsuperhero
12-20-2013, 12:53 PM
I really don't understand what he's trying to accomplish when he says shit like that.

The only people who read his beat or listen to BSR are MSU fans- is he just intentionally trying to piss off his entire audience? I'm okay with unbiased reporting and am fine with being objective, but when you go out of your way to down MSU at every available opportunity, then **** you.

Westdawg
12-20-2013, 01:03 PM
I grew up around Joel, and particularly his brother. Know the family well. The guy loves MSU. I haven't heard the podcast but I don't for a second think Joel would say something to bash State. He may not be the most vocal, but honestly that's his personality - to avoid conflict and enjoy people's company. Stevens however is a prick.

CooterDavenport
12-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Your feelings are womanish in their sensitivity. All they were doing is talking about how nice Athens is. Everywhere is a craphole compared to Athens. He wasn't insulting State.

Also, Coleman's accent, while twangy, has none of Musgrove's effeminacy.

bully99
12-20-2013, 01:39 PM
When somebody says "why in the hell " about anything they are not saying nice things about you. If you listened to that and didn't hear his angry putdown of MSU, you my friend are a fool.
edited to say DAMN FOOL

CooterDavenport
12-20-2013, 09:48 PM
It's hilarious to me you thought his tone was angry. They were laughing and joking. But if it helps your little feelings to get all mad about it, then go ahead.

bully99
12-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Wow!! Here Kitty Kitty. Are you his servant?