PDA

View Full Version : OM moves to win press conference

PassInterference
12-20-2013, 10:14 AM
(purely out of love, of course)

CJ Hampton decommitted from Ole Miss. He's interested in Bama.

A close friend of CJ's, 4* safety Hootie Jones, decommitted from Bama.

Both of these guys are eligible to sign and start school in January.

Yancy has been tweeting that something good that he can't talk about is on the horizon.

CJ didn't decommitt. He was instructed to decommitt so that Ole Miss can "flip him from Bama". Ain't that some shit. Flipping their own recruits. This is Koolio II.

Along with that, they'll pull CJ's buddy Hootie Jones.

Look for this to do down between now and early/mid January. Since they can sign early, they'll be able to #WinThePressConference in the weeks leading up to their big crootin weekend in late January. They'll hold a press conference and claim they flipped two four stars from Alafreakingbama. So ya see, Ole Miss is going to manufacture some crootin hype with this.

'Cause crootin weekend gotta be big mayne. Hell after the way last year went down, Memphis' top hookers are probably trying to out-bid each other to get down there.

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:19 AM
and y'all thought I was kidding about them flipping their own recruits...

they have turned recruiting into a freak show.

BeastMan
12-20-2013, 10:22 AM
My LSU bud in Nola says they gettin Hootie. My OM buddies say CJ a Reb. Who knows?

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:24 AM
LSU fans think they're getting everyone. friend of mine told me that they might have the best class since 2009 Florida.

I just don't see the stars aligning that way.

sleepy dawg
12-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Mine told me the same thing last night. He said they just got their first 5 star recruit, then proceeded to say they'd probably end up with 5 or 6.

smootness
12-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Who cares. Seriously, and I don't mean that as a confrontational thing to the OP. I'm just so sick of hearing about Ole Miss' recruiting. They've done this for years, and we keep beating them. They'll get who they get, we'll get who we get, they'll have more attrition than we do, they'll have more kids trying to coast than we do, and we'll beat them on the field. That is how this story ends up, regardless of who they tout on signing day.

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=smootness;107479] They've done this for years, and we keep beating them. /QUOTE]

that is all that matters. That, and maroon of course.

Dawgfan77
12-20-2013, 10:37 AM
LSU fans think they're getting everyone. friend of mine told me that they might have the best class since 2009 Florida.

I just don't see the stars aligning that way.
That 09 Fl class really worked out for them.

bully99
12-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Who is this Garrald McDowell from Louisiana that committed to them today. Say he's a 4* who lsu was after. The stench continues.

Barking 13
12-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Who cares. Seriously, and I don't mean that as a confrontational thing to the OP. I'm just so sick of hearing about Ole Miss' recruiting. They've done this for years, and we keep beating them. They'll get who they get, we'll get who we get, they'll have more attrition than we do, they'll have more kids trying to coast than we do, and we'll beat them on the field. That is how this story ends up, regardless of who they tout on signing day.

AMEN, BRO!

Covercorner2
12-20-2013, 10:43 AM
So they are going to get two guys who NOONE on 247 has predicted to commit to TSUN? Sounds legit**

Bubb Rubb
12-20-2013, 10:45 AM

I hate recruiting season for this very reason. It's less about how Ole Miss acts and what they spin, because they always end up looking like retards anyway. I hate the way so much of our fans freak out about recruiting. There's been too much narrative about how well they recruit, how poorly we are recruiting, etc., etc., etc. We are recruiting as well as we ever have at MSU, and will continue to do so. As for the Rebs, we'll keep kicking that five-star ass every thanksgiving weekend. That's all any of us should care about, instead of worrying about Rebel Recruiting. They hang recruiting championship banners every February but they haven't won dick since John F. Kennedy was in the white house.

hailmari
12-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Or maybe Hootie decommited because he knew another big time safety was about to commit and he didn't want the competition...

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:46 AM
in all fairness people on 247 we're predicting Chris Jones to OM. Not sure what Paul's prediction was , but I know some of their national guys we're out of the loop on that one.

also, I don't think David Johnson has gotten one right yet...

Barking 13
12-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Or maybe Hootie decommited because he knew another big time safety was about to commit and he didn't want the competition...

Closer to the truth, according to my AL buddy

smootness
12-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Who is this Garrald McDowell from Louisiana that committed to them today. Say he's a 4* who lsu was after. The stench continues.

He's a 6'1" DE. Good get for them, but I doubt he could have committed to LSU right now.

I know I'm going to be a little hypocritical now and talk about Ole Miss' recruiting a little (but it's negative, so I'm cool with it); in contrast to the size we are bringing in, take a look at the size of the guys Ole Miss is getting. I know they've had some success with guys like Gross and Denzel Nkemdiche, who are undersized, but when you build a whole team with them, especially on defense, it seems like it will hurt them in the SEC eventually.

McDowell - 6'1" DE
Chris Williams - 6'1" DT
Alfred Dickens - 6'0" LB
AJ Moore/Christian Russell - 6'1" LBs
Then they have a couple of 6'2" LBs and Victor Evans is not real big, either.

Obviously everyone will bring in some undersized guys that can play (we have Market and AJ Jefferson, and Wells/Beni Brown aren't real big, either) but you have to have size somewhere. If you're relying on guys like that to stop the run game in the SEC, good luck.

Covercorner2
12-20-2013, 10:49 AM
100% of people were not predicting Chris Jones to OM.

Bubb Rubb
12-20-2013, 10:50 AM
He's a 6'1" DE. Good get for them, but I doubt he could have committed to LSU right now.

I know I'm going to be a little hypocritical now and talk about Ole Miss' recruiting a little (but it's negative, so I'm cool with it); in contrast to the size we are bringing in, take a look at the size of the guys Ole Miss is getting. I know they've had some success with guys like Gross and Denzel Nkemdiche, who are undersized, but when you build a whole team with them, especially on defense, it seems like it will hurt them in the SEC eventually.

McDowell - 6'1" DE
Chris Williams - 6'1" DT
Alfred Dickens - 6'0" LB

Obviously everyone will bring in some undersized guys that can play (we have Market and AJ Jefferson, and Wells/Beni Brown aren't real big, either) but you have to have size somewhere. If you're relying on guys like that to stop the run game in the SEC, good luck.

They are also investing heavily in JUCOs this year, which we all know can be a crapshoot. Now, I don't criticize them for doing it; I just find it ironic given how much shit they have given us over the years for recruiting more JUCOs.

Barking 13
12-20-2013, 10:51 AM

McDowell - 6'1" DE
Chris Williams - 6'1" DT
Alfred Dickens - 6'0" LB

Suposedly, smaller, faster guys are supposed to combat the "spread" offense.. Thats why I'd like to see us (like AR is doing) and go back to a hybrid power run game.

Bubb Rubb
12-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Suposedly, smaller, faster guys are supposed to combat the "spread" offense.. Thats why I'd like to see us (like AR is doing) and go back to a hybrid power run game.

Our offense is a hybrid power run game. We are just doing it with tight ends and pulling linemen instead of fullbacks lead blocking.

smootness
12-20-2013, 10:54 AM

I agree with you on what I'd like to see us do, and you definitely have to have some guys like that (again, Wells and Beni Brown - though they're both at least 6'2") but I don't think you can build a defense around a bunch of those guys, especially on the DL, no matter what offense you're playing against.

It's why I love that we're getting guys like McKinney, Dez Harris, Deshon Cooper, Gerri Green - some huge LBs who can still run for days.

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 11:05 AM
No flame or anything, but McDowell is listed at 6'3

http://rivals.yahoo.com/olemiss/football/recruiting/player-Garrald-McDowell-144000

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Everyone I talk to says CJ is telling Bama folks that he is going to Bama.

It appears that CJ is lying to someone, so he will fit in fine at either Bama or the bears. I wouldn't be surprised if Saban dropped his offer after getting burned so many times in the all star game.

The kid they just got from LA is a way better prospect than CJ.

smootness
12-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Let me also add that, 'You don't always get who you want but you always get who you are,' applies on the reverse angle as well. Meaning that as long as Ole Miss is concerned with playing games like this, I'm not that worried with what their guys are rated. It shows that they really do want to win signing day for the sole purpose of winning signing day and will play games to pump themselves up more on signing day.

Which means the kind of guys they get will by and large be guys who are more concerned with playing the press conference game than they are with coming in and working hard. It's why you heard Freeze talk about recruiting right after the Egg Bowl, rather than working hard to get better.

And it's why I'm not among those who would like to see us play the same kind of games. I want us to keep getting the kind of kids we're getting.

smootness
12-20-2013, 11:10 AM
No flame or anything, but McDowell is listed at 6'3

http://rivals.yahoo.com/olemiss/football/recruiting/player-Garrald-McDowell-144000

Both scout and 247 list him at 6'1". Who knows, but usually the lowest measurement from these sites is the most accurate. 247 also lists him as running a 4.99 40, so it looks like he'll be a DT.

Barking 13
12-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Our offense is a hybrid power run game. We are just doing it with tight ends and pulling linemen instead of fullbacks lead blocking.

I get that, but I'd still like to see some "old man" football.. especially on 3rd and short.

smoot is spot on today.....

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Both scout and 247 list him at 6'1". Who knows, but usually the lowest measurement from these sites is the most accurate. 247 also lists him as running a 4.99 40, so it looks like he'll be a DT.

This is true. He's probably somewhere in-between

Coach34
12-20-2013, 11:23 AM
I get that, but I'd still like to see some "old man" football.. especially on 3rd and short.

You saw it on 4th and 2 in the Egg Bowl- Dakota took the snap and ran straight ahead. We blocked down on the right side and MoJo pulled from the backside to kick out the edge defender- Dakota hit it up right inside of his block. Old man power football right there- just out of the shotgun

defiantdog
12-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Hootie Jones will likely sign with LSU. He was originally heavily favoring them until he pulled a Landon Collins and committed to Bama. CJ really isn't anything special and is almost guaranteed to red shirt where ever he goes. Let TSUN take him. He will just be an additional problem to there already successful drama team.

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Hootie Jones will likely sign with LSU. He was originally heavily favoring them until he pulled a Landon Collins and committed to Bama. CJ really isn't anything special and is almost guaranteed to red shirt where ever he goes. Let TSUN take him. He will just be an additional problem to there already successful drama team.

Do you have any specific reasons why you think he won't have a special career before it's over? He is very talented. Good coaching (wherever he goes) should help him be a pretty good safety in college

Barking 13
12-20-2013, 11:30 AM
You saw it on 4th and 2 in the Egg Bowl- Dakota took the snap and ran straight ahead. We blocked down on the right side and MoJo pulled from the backside to kick out the edge defender- Dakota hit it up right inside of his block. Old man power football right there- just out of the shotgun

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/smileys/thumbsup2.gif

Jacksondevildog
12-20-2013, 11:36 AM
I work with a few rebels that coach football and they all agree that Hampton is overrated. TIFWIW.

defiantdog
12-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Do you have any specific reasons why you think he won't have a special career before it's over? He is very talented. Good coaching (wherever he goes) should help him be a pretty good safety in college

I completely agree with you. Good coaching with any player with a respected work ethic will develop a solid career. I just don't think CJ is that great of a player. I may be completely wrong on this, but he isn't what Connor was last year.

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 11:47 AM
I definitely don't expect him to have the impact his freshman year Conner had this year. Probably not even that close

engie
12-20-2013, 11:50 AM

Hootie is a strong safety. Hampton is a free safety. They'd almost assuredly play together and not steal PT from each other. Would make sense for those 2 to want to play together....

AND Shannon Terry, CEO of 24/7 and Bama insider, just swapped his Hootie prediction to Ole Miss.

They get them both on top of McDowell -- people say what they want -- that's an impressive ass haul in recruiting no matter how staged and fake it all seems.

thf24
12-20-2013, 12:30 PM
This is getting absolutely stupid. I hope Hampton is playing the Rebs like a drum and this stupid ass shit blows up in their faces. I wish I could see the look on Yancy's face when he signs with Bama.

Coach34
12-20-2013, 12:37 PM
AND Shannon Terry, CEO of 24/7 and Bama insider, just swapped his Hootie prediction to Ole Miss.

What good is that crystal ball thing if they just change them constantly?

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Hootie is a strong safety. Hampton is a free safety. They'd almost assuredly play together and not steal PT from each other. Would make sense for those 2 to want to play together....

They get them both on top of McDowell -- people say what they want -- that's an impressive ass haul in recruiting no matter how staged and fake it all seems.

I just don't see it happening. At least I don't want to see it happening.

The fly in the ointment is that LSU has Ed Paris a top 5 safety in the country already committed. They are probably going to land Jamal Adams another top 5 safety in the country (It sucks we have to play teams like this ever ****ing year); Hootie Jones may not want to go to a school with two safeties already committed.

Now, the problem that I see is that I can't see LSU signing 3 safeties in this year's class that are 5 star players - just doesn't make sense. Paris is in. If they have to push one of the others out, I think it will be Hootie.

What I can't figure out is whether Hootie dropped Bama or Bama dropped him because of grades which is entirely possible. Saban isn't going to waste spots on academic risks - he doesn't have to. I know freezus has no such concerns. I'll get worried about Hootie and the bears if he schedules an official visit with them. Until then its a guessing game.

Im still predicting that Hampton will have a Dapoo level impact on the bears. All hat and no cattle. There are about a half dozen commits I would rather steal from the bears before I would want Hampton.

Edited to add - I totally forgot about Devin Voorhies from MS, who is also projected to play safety for LSU. So there is no way they will sign 4 safeties in this class, so someone is getting dropped. If I was Devin, Id be making calls to Starkville right now.

defiantdog
12-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I still think LSU is a major player here since the rumor has it that Jalen Mills quit the team.

FlabLoser
12-20-2013, 01:06 PM

Shh! Focus on the press conference.

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2013, 01:10 PM
This is getting absolutely stupid. I hope Hampton is playing the Rebs like a drum and this stupid ass shit blows up in their faces. I wish I could see the look on Yancy's face when he signs with Bama.

+10000000

He is signing with Bama and the meltdown will be glorious.

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 01:10 PM

Why So much anger and hostility...

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Why So much anger and hostility...

You've got 11 posts, I really hope your Lacoste wearing ass doesn't make it to 12.

TDawg52
12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Garrald McDowell from Louisiana that committed to them today... Word on the street is he is a sign and place guy.... May look good initially in the "stars ratings", but won't step on campus for at least two years.....

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Just a simple question

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Garrald McDowell from Louisiana that committed to them today... Word on the street is he is a sign and place guy.... May look good initially in the "stars ratings", but won't step on campus for at least two years.....

I heard the same

Covercorner2
12-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Some teams project Jones as an OLB, or a "husky" at the least. I think that's where he would play at LSU. He's already 6'2 220.