PDA

View Full Version : Getcher $8 Music City Bowl Tix Before They Fall Below $5

Apoplectic
12-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Whats the problem? Bears dont like country music?

BrunswickDawg
12-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Not trying to be pro-bear (they have reportedly sold over 12,000) - but this is all on GT. The Tech fan base is terrible and does not travel well at all. They could not even come close to selling out their allotment for the ACC Championship the 2 times they have been in it. Over the last 50 years, they are the only school to REDUCE seating capacity at an on campus stadium - and they have done that twice!

notsofarawaydawg
12-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Whats the problem? Bears dont like country music?

Actually, there is not a grove of trees nearby for them to hang out in during the game so they are saying screw this, I'm going to sit in the grove and party during their bowl game.

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Not trying to be pro-bear (they have reportedly sold over 12,000) - but this is all on GT. The Tech fan base is terrible and does not travel well at all. They could not even come close to selling out their allotment for the ACC Championship the 2 times they have been in it. Over the last 50 years, they are the only school to REDUCE seating capacity at an on campus stadium - and they have done that twice!

referring to them as a "fan base" is insulting to other fan bases. it's not that they have bad fans... they just don't have very many fans. the GaTech fans I do know are pretty good fans. they're just few and far between.

BrunswickDawg
12-20-2013, 10:29 AM
referring to them as a "fan base" is insulting to other fan bases. it's not that they have bad fans... they just don't have very many fans. the GaTech fans I do know are pretty good fans. they're just few and far between.
Yeah, I should have been more specific there Hack. It is a numbers game. A huge percentage of their students are out-of-state/internationals who don't stick around anywhere close to ATL. My uncle played at GT in the 60s, and their old-time fans are rabid. But, when you combine 40 years of mediocre football, the student population, and that they have to compete with UGA and the Falcons, they have become odd man out in GA.

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I should have been more specific there Hack. It is a numbers game. A huge percentage of their students are out-of-state/internationals who don't stick around anywhere close to ATL. My uncle played at GT in the 60s, and their old-time fans are rabid. But, when you combine 40 years of mediocre football, the student population, and that they have to compete with UGA and the Falcons, they have become odd man out in GA.

no doubt about that. their students seriously don't even follow the team or go to the games. it's pretty sad considering they've got a pretty good tradition.

Bubb Rubb
12-20-2013, 10:56 AM
no doubt about that. their students seriously don't even follow the team or go to the games. it's pretty sad considering they've got a pretty good tradition.

Well, to be fair, most GT students probably don't give two shits about sports of any kind. I'm a little surprised that they wouldn't have a few more sidewalk fans since they are in a major city, but I guess all of those people are mouth-breathing, barking Georgia fans.