PDA

View Full Version : Here's a gem from Denzel Nkemdiche-

messageboardsuperhero
12-19-2013, 11:11 PM
OXFORD - Ole Miss linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche has admitted in the past the Egg Bowl is more for his teammates than him.

He's from suburban Atlanta, not Mississippi, and didn't really get why the game against Mississippi State was such a big deal. He has said he did not watch the 2011 game, when he was a redshirt candidate. The next year he said he was playing for his "brothers."

But losing in Starkville was a reminder, he said, of what a big deal the game is.

"It definitely changed a lot of people's outlook on that game and that rivalry," Nkemdiche said. "They play it so much out of hate and they take so much into that game, we saw it first-hand and we saw how it felt to lose that game together, as a team. It did motivate us. It did make us think that it shouldn't have come down to overtime. We should have made the plays earlier on, throughout the game. That's what we're using to take the offseason to get better."

Along those same lines, linebacker Serderius Bryant said ending the regular season on two-straight losses has influenced the bowl game preparation.

"We've been telling each other, even before the bowl game (was announced), whoever we play was going to come out and get it just because of how we're feeling right now," Bryant said.

Only at the University of Mississippi is it acceptable for competitive athletes on scholarship to openly admit that their opponents care more about winning a game than they do. What a ****ing loser mentality.

Didn't D. Nkemdiche play in the game last year? So how is that even a valid excuse for him?

CadaverDawg
12-19-2013, 11:14 PM
What a lame excuse. Tell us how our ass tastes, Denzel. Fins up, Bitches

bluelightstar
12-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Good God they're the worst

thf24
12-19-2013, 11:36 PM
We're the ones that play out of hate? I hope he made sure his brother isn't going to throw any more punches before he made that statement.

PMDawg
12-19-2013, 11:43 PM
We're the ones that play out of hate? I hope he made sure his brother isn't going to throw any more punches before he made that statement.

does donkey punching his boyfriend count?

Coach34
12-19-2013, 11:48 PM
that is literally sad. Only Ole Miss fails to understand the importance of an in-state rivalry game. I wonder how Auburn-Bama, Fla-Fla State, Clemson-SC, and the numerous other states that get their players to understand it

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Didn't D. Nkemdiche play in the game last year? So how is that even a valid excuse for him?

Yes, but Hootin' Dale was also on record saying in 2009 that he didn't realize how important the Egg Bowl was, then Dan broke it off in them three years running. These people use the excuse that "the Egg Bowl is more important to State fans than us" is used every time the game goes the way they don't expect.

Political Hack
12-19-2013, 11:53 PM
four and one.

Pollodawg
12-19-2013, 11:57 PM
People pay to see shit in comedy clubs all of the time that isn't near this funny. Didn't they say the same stuff when Nutt was in charge up there. That they just didn't care about the rivalry, but realized how important it was now after an ass kicking and would try harder next year.

messageboardsuperhero
12-19-2013, 11:59 PM
that is literally sad. Only Ole Miss fails to understand the importance of an in-state rivalry game. I wonder how Auburn-Bama, Fla-Fla State, Clemson-SC, and the numerous other states that get their players to understand it

No, UM really does understand the importance of the rivalry- they're just too pretentious and self-righteous to admit it.

Pollodawg
12-20-2013, 12:05 AM
So, I guess they all stormed the field last year because they don't get what winning this game means......They just did it because they needed the exercise I guess. And, no bears, we don't hate. We just love to beat the shit out of you. And we've done that lately........a lot.

CadaverDawg
12-20-2013, 12:07 AM
No, UM really does understand the importance of the rivalry- they're just too pretentious and self-righteous to admit it.

Exactly. Any of our fans that believe that shit they're trying to sell, are idiots. They are just trying to convince themselves that they are better than us even though we beat them for the 4th time in 5 years. What a douchey team and fan base.

Dawg61
12-20-2013, 12:12 AM
I suggest y'all start to learn the correct response to bullshit like this. "Missouri has been to more SECCG than Ole Miss".

Todd4State
12-20-2013, 12:12 AM
He was right about it shouldn't have come down to OT. If our special teams could get off a punt in the end zone and/or not miss a 39 yard field goal in the middle of the field- we win in regulation. They should be thankful that Dan didn't unleash Dak on them until the fourth quarter.

The playing out of hate comment is hilarious on so many levels.

CadaverDawg
12-20-2013, 12:21 AM
So this team that doesn't care about the rivalry, is also the ones having guys decommit and commit to MSU just so they can have them recommit to try and piss us off? They literally plan shit in recruiting to try and make MSU mad. That is not only caring...it is also playing out of hate. The hypocritical bastards have spun shit so much that their stories and excuses are contradicting each other now.

4-1 in the last 5 Rebs. Maybe you're right...a real rivalry is competitive. Looks like you guys are just another cupcake to us now.

Gen. Grant
12-20-2013, 12:27 AM
I thought the whole reason they hired the rev. Freezus was because he understood the importance of the rivalry. Saying that they didn't understand the value of the game after rushing the field in Oxford is ****ing stupid.

Bothrops
12-20-2013, 12:38 AM
Shirley he knew about in-state rivalries like Alabama/Auburn, Florida/FSU, Georgia/ Georgia Tech. The in-state rivalry in Mississippi is apparently a novel idea.

messageboardsuperhero
12-20-2013, 12:48 AM
I thought the whole reason they hired the rev. Freezus was because he understood the importance of the rivalry. Saying that they didn't understand the value of the game after rushing the field in Oxford is ****ing stupid.

They did, and Freeze even mentioned the importance of the rivalry in his opening press conference as head coach. Dave Wommack was quoted saying he spent a good bit of his bye week in October to start game planning for the Egg Bowl because of the importance of this game.

My question is this: How long will they continue to use this excuse when they lose to us?
We've won 4 of the last 5 meeting, and every year it's- "We didn't understand the rivalry, they take it very seriously, but now we know to go all out against them going forward." I mean, when will people start to realize this entire "We don't care" schtick is just total bullshit? UM obviously cares or they wouldn't have rushed the field last year.

UM just reminds me of the punk kid on the playground who you beat in basketball everyday, but then starts talking about how he wasn't really trying and the game didn't really count.

spiritual_machine2005
12-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Maybe they feel so sorry for us that they let us win? If you go back and watch the replay, it looks like Bo Wallace purposely fumbled.

thunderclap
12-20-2013, 09:01 AM
So he is essentially saying, removing the rivalry, that he didn't know an SEC game was important. Do they have a class that teaches how to sound like a ******?

Jack Lambert
12-20-2013, 09:09 AM
He sounds a lot like Nutt.

FISHDAWG
12-20-2013, 09:42 AM
well ... at least their cheerleaders get it ** #Prewitt

Goat Holder
12-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Hypocrisy abounds from the field-storming fanbase. Move on, nothing to see here.

CadaverDawg
12-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Just saw where someone on SPS posted a video of Denzel last year talking about how important the Egg Bowl is, ha. What a douchebag he is..and Freeze is the one pushing that lame excuse. As if it's ok for competitors to allow the other team to want it more. Someone post that video of Denzel if u can...im on my phone and cant post it.

Freeze also talked about how important it is when he was hired, and again last year. Again...their weak spin is starting to contradict their previous comments. They are an embarassment as fans, coach, and team

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:04 AM
IOW, "well yeah, they kicked our asses, but now I realize we were supposed to try to win."

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:04 AM
well ... at least their cheerleaders get it ** #Prewitt

very well played.

Coach34
12-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Denzel needs to tell Denzel he doesnt suddenly understand...watch the 1:20-2:00 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOvPRmqtGQM

Goat Holder
12-20-2013, 10:09 AM
"well yeah, they kicked our asses with a 3rd string QB and multiple other injuries, ....."

Fixed it for you

Ronny
12-20-2013, 02:07 PM
..bigger compliment than this nut accusing MSU of playing out of hate.

Everybody associated with MSU hates you ****ers with a passion.

I find it humorous OM can recruit these bigtime studs yet nobody takes the time to sit them down & explain the importance of the Egg Bowl.