PDA

View Full Version : #RTGDF T-Shirt Design

elitedawgs
12-19-2013, 10:46 PM
This is what you'd be getting:

Coach34
12-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Need orders ASAP for the bowl game- we will have extra for purchase to be delivered after the Liberty.

We have donated $250 to Toys For Tots- and the extra for the shirts will be sent in...thanks for your support

ChevChelios
12-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Need to make a sticky to purchase.
I will take a L.

EngineerDawg
12-20-2013, 09:10 AM
sweeeeeeeet!

Coach34
12-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Last call

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 12:11 PM
To be honest, I find this very offensive and I'm sure I'm not alone. Why not just say RTDF? Why the blasphemy? Just a slap in the face to our Creator, and at Christmas time no less

reddog
12-20-2013, 12:50 PM
To be honest, I find this very offensive and I'm sure I'm not alone. Why not just say RTDF? Why the blasphemy? Just a slap in the face to our Creator, and at Christmas time no less

^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Coach34
12-20-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way and hope that you have a Merry Christmas

Ronny
12-20-2013, 01:54 PM
..I thought you would just go with a small Elitedawgs logo on the top right of the t-shirt.

Instead you blast this #RTDF. I have no idea what RTDF stands for. And neither would anybody else who saw it.

Here's a little business advice: If you want to sell clothing merchandise, don't place inside jokes on the fabric.

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Hope you have a Merry Christmas as well. I just love my university and my God and I hate seeing either one slandered. This, in my opinion, does that to both. Just ask yourself what image this t-shirt reflects on us as a fan base
I'm sorry you feel that way and hope that you have a Merry Christmas

blacklistedbully
12-20-2013, 02:06 PM
I also do not like to take the Lord's name in vain, but I just don't think the initials do that automatically. If you say, "Gosh Darn' instead, then that is what they stand for. If you are worried that somebody reading it will assume it means the other for you, then you are objecting for the wrong reasons. God knows what's in your heart, and what the initials mean to you. And He is the one who matters, not some stranger who looks at your shirt and makes assumptions.

Wearing the shirt would not equal taking the Lord's name in vain, unless that's what you mean when you wear it. At least, that's my opinion.

I seen it dawg
12-20-2013, 02:26 PM
..I thought you would just go with a small Elitedawgs logo on the top right of the t-shirt.

Instead you blast this #RTDF. I have no idea what RTDF stands for. And neither would anybody else who saw it.

Here's a little business advice: If you want to sell clothing merchandise, don't place inside jokes on the fabric.

ED isn't in the merchandise business. It was a way to raise a little money for a charity when a poster volunteered to burden themselves with it. Take it for what it's worth its not like we are opening a clothing store. Damn. Here's a little advice: don't buy the shirt but become less of a prick.

Ronny
12-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Hope you have a Merry Christmas as well. I just love my university and my God and I hate seeing either one slandered. This, in my opinion, does that to both. Just ask yourself what image this t-shirt reflects on us as a fan base

..wrong place.

Sometimes, things get pretty sinful around here.

Perhaps you should find a board that reflects your standards of high character.

Ronny
12-20-2013, 02:34 PM
ED isn't in the merchandise business. It was a way to raise a little money for a charity when a poster volunteered to burden themselves with it. Take it for what it's worth its not like we are opening a clothing store. Damn. Here's a little advice: don't buy the shirt but become less of a prick.

..if I refuse to buy a t-shirt with #RTGDF blasting across the front.

Outside this board, who the **** knows what RTGDF stands for?

The answer is nobody.

If you can't come up with a classy t-shirt, then that's your problem.

I'm not going to waste my money on a t-shirt that reflects some messageboard inside joke.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2013, 02:38 PM
You are also acting like you know more than our coach by saying he doesn't run the ball enough.

I would say run the ball more if you can use an H-back the way AU does but that doesn't make for a good t-shirt.

As I said, in the past, incredible gay shirt. I will cringe if I see anyone wearing it.

I seen it dawg
12-20-2013, 02:48 PM
..if I refuse to buy a t-shirt with #RTGDF blasting across the front.

Outside this board, who the **** knows what RTGDF stands for?

The answer is nobody.

If you can't come up with a classy t-shirt, then that's your problem.

I'm not going to waste my money on a t-shirt that reflects some messageboard inside joke.

No you're a prick for blasting something that is just a simple charity gift. It's a kitschy shirt that people may never wear but the whole point was the shirt sales were for charity. Nothing more nothing less. It could have said "Ronny has vd" and the purpose of the shirt sale would have been the same. But you and your advice comes off as prickish when it was meant for nothing more than to get something when you donated to a charity. Keep your advice rammed up your ass.

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 02:48 PM
I also do not like to take the Lord's name in vain, but I just don't think the initials do that automatically. If you say, "Gosh Darn' instead, then that is what they stand for. If you are worried that somebody reading it will assume it means the other for you, then you are objecting for the wrong reasons. God knows what's in your heart, and what the initials mean to you. And He is the one who matters, not some stranger who looks at your shirt and makes assumptions.

Wearing the shirt would not equal taking the Lord's name in vain, unless that's what you mean when you wear it. At least, that's my opinion.

I agree that it's about perception. If this was 1950 I'd buy the "Gosh Darn", but not in today's society. We all know what it infers

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 02:51 PM
..wrong place.

Sometimes, things get pretty sinful around here.

Perhaps you should find a board that reflects your standards of high character.

I'm a sinner just like everyone else here. Just voicing my opinion. Isn't that encouraged on a message board?

MadDawg
12-20-2013, 02:52 PM
You are also acting like you know more than our coach by saying he doesn't run the ball enough.

Acting? Holy shit that was funny!!

EngineerDawg
12-20-2013, 02:56 PM
some serious panty-wad action going on here.

Coach34
12-20-2013, 03:07 PM

I would say run the ball more if you can use an H-back the way AU does but that doesn't make for a good t-shirt.

As I said, in the past, incredible gay shirt. I will cringe if I see anyone wearing it.

1. To your 1st statement- I dont know as much as Mullen, but I do know a helluva lot about offensive football.

2. We use an H-back like Auburn does- our problem is that H-back is MoJo- who doesnt block very well. Auburn has a more typical FB type as its H-back- and he lays the wood. Auburn also committed to the run alot more than we have. We instead try to be more 50-50 for some unknown reason. Hopefully with Russell out of the picture- we do what the shirt says

3. Make sure and look for 2 people in Section 119- they damn sure will be.

Some people requested shirts, a poster offered to make them and donate them to the board. His people did the design and whatnot. We've had some ordered and will send them out asap. And Toys for Tots got $250.

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 03:29 PM
I think we should sacrifice the next person who types #RTGDF. Like Indiana Jones pull their heart out while it's still beating sacrifice.

Is this facetious enough to be obvious with sarcasteriks?

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 03:30 PM
some serious panty-wad action going on here.
So standing up for what you believe in and voicing your opinion now makes you what, a pansy? Sounds like the viewpoint of many of our politicians

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Good for the kids. They deserve it

EngineerDawg
12-20-2013, 03:35 PM
So standing up for what you believe in and voicing your opinion now makes you what, a pansy? Sounds like the viewpoint of many of our politicians

sit back down. You don't know who I was referring too.

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 03:36 PM
just my thoughts but I have a feeling God is ok with using the initials G and D to help poor kids.

Historically, when someone said God Damn it was meant as a slander of God. Today, it's a phrase of frustration with no ill intentions of slandering God. More good news... God knows your true intentions with the way you use language. For example, a devout Christian can look at someone with contempt in their heart and say "I will pray for you." others will say "F you ." It means the same thing and God knows the difference.

blacklistedbully
12-20-2013, 03:57 PM
just my thoughts but I have a feeling God is ok with using the initials G and D to help poor kids.

Historically, when someone said God Damn it was meant as a slander of God. Today, it's a phrase of frustration with no ill intentions of slandering God. More good news... God knows your true intentions with the way you use language. For example, a devout Christian can look at someone with contempt in their heart and say "I will pray for you." others will say "F you ." It means the same thing and God knows the difference.

Not actually, Hack. Taking His name in vain is not limited to "slandering', it's the use of His name that is in any way, less than respectful to God.

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 04:23 PM

So it's okay to curse God or take His name in vain in front of the whole world as long as you didn't really mean it or if you had the best intentions behind it? If it's not intended to slander God, then why say it? There are thousands of other words or phrases in the English language that could have been used to get the message across. I donate money to help kids too, and I don't need a blasphemous tshirt as an incentive to do it. But that's just my opinion, and everybody's entitled to one

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 04:39 PM
to each his own. I think God judges by your heart, not your words.

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 04:55 PM
to each his own. I think God judges by your heart, not your words.

So if I stood in front of a congregation and said F God!!, but did it with love in my heart it would be okay? Doesn't the bible say in several places what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart?

Vandownbytheriver
12-20-2013, 08:55 PM
How bout RTMFF?

Coach34
12-20-2013, 09:44 PM
How bout RTMFF?

that's funny because there are people who would think that's worse

Vandownbytheriver
12-20-2013, 10:23 PM
that's funny because there are people who would think that's worse

I'm convinced people are trying way to hard to find reasons to get offended.

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:25 PM
So if I stood in front of a congregation and said F God!!, but did it with love in my heart it would be okay? Doesn't the bible say in several places what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart?

that's offensive.

I seen it dawg
12-20-2013, 10:51 PM

Spot on.

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 11:17 PM
that's offensive.
How so? Just using your logic from a previous post

sscjr1
12-20-2013, 11:22 PM

Actually I don't get offended by much, but taking the Lord's name in vain does. I wouldn't want to explain to someone what RTGDF means if I was wearing it on my chest

It_Could_Happen
12-21-2013, 01:43 AM
This has turned into a sermon.... If you want a damn shirt get one. If not then don't order one. I'm not getting one because I just don't want one. Has nothing to do with what's on it. Kind of like engineerdawg said earlier, get your panties out of your ass.

Behrdawg
12-21-2013, 02:47 AM
These posters have to be a bunch of damn sorority bitches- cause y'all sound like them

sscjr1
12-21-2013, 03:03 AM
This has turned into a sermon.... If you want a damn shirt get one. If not then don't order one. I'm not getting one because I just don't want one. Has nothing to do with what's on it. Kind of like engineerdawg said earlier, get your panties out of your ass.

Not preaching, just giving my opinion

sscjr1
12-21-2013, 03:04 AM
These posters have to be a bunch of damn sorority bitches- cause y'all sound like them

Thanks for making a meaningful contribution to the discussion....

hacker
12-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Coach, did you get my order?

By the way, you people giving me bad reputation comments because I like RTGDF are ****ing children. Leave me alone.

It_Could_Happen
12-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Ok here's my question to you people. Some of you don't like RTGDF.. I can understand that.. You don't like RTMFF either... I'll give you that. But I bet you don't have a problem with GTHOM... Right or wrong?

Coach34
12-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Coach, did you get my order?

By the way, you people giving me bad reputation comments because I like RTGDF are ****ing children. Leave me alone.

yeah- you good. They have been ordered and waiting on them to come in now

sscjr1
12-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Ok here's my question to you people. Some of you don't like RTGDF.. I can understand that.. You don't like RTMFF either... I'll give you that. But I bet you don't have a problem with GTHOM... Right or wrong?

I personally don't say it, but again just my preference. My question is if you're wearing this shirt and someone asks you what it means, would you hesitate in telling them or would you proudly say "Run the GD Football"? What if it's your pastor or a small child?

Statecoachingblows**
12-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Can I order 1? I'd like it sent to 1810 Manning way oxford ,ms
I think that's the address crazy kiffin threw out there. Might offend someone so better not I guess, but then again Kiffin might finally go all in and #wintheday on the #PlaygroundAfterSchool.

Coach34
12-21-2013, 03:27 PM
we do have some extras available

Esmerelda Villalobos
12-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Possibly the best and worst thread evaaaaah

hacker
01-27-2014, 06:29 PM
If anyone is size 2XL and wants one of these shirts (for free), PM me

hacker
01-27-2014, 06:33 PM
by the way, these look even more badass in person.

EngineerDawg
01-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Come to think of it. I never received mine. C34 pm please sir.

Edit: disregard above.

Coach34
01-27-2014, 08:55 PM
We good?

hacker
01-27-2014, 09:23 PM
2XL shirt claimed