PDA

View Full Version : We are playing our ass off in the Hump right now

Coach34
12-19-2013, 09:38 PM
and Ware went to the bench at the 9 minute mark

MetEdDawg
12-19-2013, 09:41 PM
We look like we've scouted this team very well. Our defensive effort has been tremendous. They've gotten under 7 seconds on the shot clock at least 6 or 7 times. Very active on that side.

Harrydawg
12-19-2013, 09:44 PM
First time I've watched this year and hell, we are fun to watch. We are not being out hussled, odd.

HoopsDawg
12-19-2013, 09:46 PM
I love the lineup changes. Fred and Blood to the bench in favor of Ready and Applewhite. Roq brings a ton of energy as well. Kudos to Ray for not being stubborn and continuing to force a square peg into a round hole.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2013, 09:48 PM
We created 13 turnovers and only allowed 20 points in 18 minutes of play.

Political Hack
12-19-2013, 09:49 PM
we're doing as well as we can with this lineup. Ray is doing well.

Political Hack
12-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Sword would never leave the free throw line again during practice if I were Ray. we'd be up 15 at the half of he could shoot FTs worth a damn.

smootness
12-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Absolutely crazy that Sword hit 10-12 last game. Of course, that just means he'll shoot about 40% the rest of the year.

Coach34
12-19-2013, 09:53 PM
You simply have to have a serious agenda driven, unhealthy Stands love to not like what Ray is doing as a coach right now

smootness
12-19-2013, 09:56 PM
You simply have to have a serious agenda driven, unhealthy Stands love to not like what Ray is doing as a coach right now

Seriously. We know he has to recruit well. It's been said 25 times in every Ray thread on every message board ever, by both supporters and critics.

But as a teacher and motivator? Hard not to be impressed.

engie
12-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Link for those of us blacked out on watchespn and without CSS:

http://firstrowus1.eu/watch/228400/1/watch-florida-gulf-coast-vs-mississippi-state.html

Dawg61
12-19-2013, 10:02 PM
This is by far the best they've looked this year. They have a new strategy to get the other team in foul trouble. I also like the switching man to man defense. Now if we could just take some elastic bands and force Sword to tuck in his elbow. He'd shoot the ball much better with his left hand behind his back. Seriously. It'd force his elbow under the ball to keep it balanced. It's embarrassing to watch him shoot free throws.

smootness
12-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Link for those of us blacked out on watchespn and without CSS:

http://firstrowus1.eu/watch/228400/1/watch-florida-gulf-coast-vs-mississippi-state.html

I'm pretty sure you just killed my computer.

Political Hack
12-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Richard Williams said the same about this being the best we've played.

If they could be smarter with the ball and make free throws, we'd be up 15-20 right now over a decent team with name recognition.

Coach34
12-19-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you just killed my computer.

yeah my shit starting going nuts too

It_Could_Happen
12-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Anybody have a link to live audio or stats or anything?

smootness
12-19-2013, 10:13 PM

No audio, but espn gamecast will keep you updated and give you stats. Whatever you do, do not click engie's link.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Lead is now up to 11 after a Ready steal that led to a Sword fast break dunk. We look really really good right now.

engie
12-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Running it in win7 chrome with adblocker plus active with zero problems. Just don't click any links. And you might have to refresh it once or twice to get it up and kicking.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20131220-0kh1-117kb.jpg

smootness
12-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Lead is now up to 11 after a Ready steal that led to a Sword fast break dunk. We look really really good right now.

It's good to see us have stretches like this. It shows what Ray's system can do when it's clicking. And the more talent/experience we get, the more it will click.

smootness
12-19-2013, 10:19 PM
I was mostly kidding, engie. But it did make my McAfee lose its mind for a minute.

Coach34
12-19-2013, 10:19 PM

I'm blacked out- but listening to 105.9 the zone in Jackson online

MetEdDawg
12-19-2013, 10:24 PM
If we can win tonight, we would get to 8 wins. Think about this for a minute. We didn't get our 8th win until March 2nd last year (which actually is technically this calendar year). That's unbelievable.

smootness
12-19-2013, 10:27 PM
If we can win tonight, we would get to 8 wins. Think about this for a minute. We didn't get our 8th win until March 2nd last year (which actually is technically this calendar year). That's unbelievable.

Yay, cupcakes! Seriously, though, regardless of who we're playing, that would be nice to see. This team needs some confidence after what they had to go through last year. Hopefully we can end up with at least as many SEC wins as we had last year.

smootness
12-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Sword is going to carry us, and he could be a legitimate star next year.

Coach34
12-19-2013, 10:31 PM
We're getting better, in spite of the limitations- that is what I love to see

smootness
12-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Every time I look up, IJ Ready is getting another steal. I LOVE the brand of basketball we play. This is the kind of basketball I love to cheer for: swarming defense that will turn you over and get running.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2013, 10:35 PM
We have 14 steals tonight and Ready has 4 of them. He plays very smart man defense. Love his athleticism. He's going to be a good one for us.

engie
12-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Really, really enjoying Richard Williams insights calling this game. Nice to have an analytical basketball mind calling a game...

Coach34
12-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Really, really enjoying Richard Williams insights calling this game. Nice to have an analytical basketball mind calling a game...

Williams knows basketball

He's not a recruiter-car salesman guy- but he loves the game and teaching it

Jacksondevildog
12-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Haven't seen it mentioned, but Horatio Webster is in attendance and was recognized on the jumbotron tonight.

Jacksondevildog
12-19-2013, 10:46 PM
The more Richard Williams is around the program, the better. Coaches in Mississippi respect Williams. That cannot hurt with recruiting the way that Ray wants to. Like I said, Ray will eventually have to make a big decision.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM
FTF having a much better 3 point night. He's 3-7 tonight and he's looked much more confident in his stroke tonight. If he can get hot from 3 that would solve at least one portion of our offensive woes.

ckDOG
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Ray has a high ceiling if he can figure out how to get a couple of players to campus. Doesn't take a lot in hoops. In the meantime, I'll enjoy some decent movement on offense and solid D.

It_Could_Happen
12-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Close it out dawgs.

Coach34
12-19-2013, 10:58 PM
The more Richard Williams is around the program, the better. Coaches in Mississippi respect Williams. That cannot hurt with recruiting the way that Ray wants to. Like I said, Ray will eventually have to make a big decision.

Like Mullen has latched on to Jackie to bridge the gap-Ray is now doing the same thing with Williams.

I love it and think we will be better because of it. Williams can do nothing but help Ray be successful.

messageboardsuperhero
12-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Good win- we did some good things on both ends of the court tonight. The team can build off this.

MetEdDawg
12-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Saw some very positive stuff tonight. Good win. Can't complain about 8-2. We are clearly improved over last year. Now we need to see if we can make some noise out in Las Vegas.

maroonmania
12-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Like Mullen has latched on to Jackie to bridge the gap-Ray is now doing the same thing with Williams.

I love it and think we will be better because of it. Williams can do nothing but help Ray be successful.

Aren't they both math majors?? Anyway, GREAT effort by the Dawgs tonight. We have played really well in these 2 games this week. If we can keep it up we might make some waves in the SEC.

MarketingBully01
12-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Nice to be 8-2. I know I have been a critic of Rick Ray but 8-2 at this point feels good. I will shut up about this so you won't have to hear from me. Like I said, I am a Bulldog and basketball fan. Great win tonight for our team and Coach Ray. We should be able to beat South Florida and should get to double digit wins before the SEC season starts. There is no reason we can't win 8 games in the SEC. As I said before, there really are only 3 great teams in the SEC. I think 18-20 wins isn't out of the question for these guys. It's not like we don't have talent. We do have it. Probably as much as the 2005-2006 team did and are as young as them as well. If Ray can get a someone else to go in the post, we probably could get back to the middle of the pack. We have a solid talented nucleus. We just need more experince. Really wish we hadn't laid an egg against TCU. They do suck something aweful and will be a shit loss but overall can't complain much about what Ray has done this year. And all you experts just remember one thing. If he wins, everyone will shut up. Winning cures all ills.

CadaverDawg
12-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Wow, just got home and saw the score. Hell yes, Rick Ray. I wish I could go back and watch since I missed it. Sounds like we played realky good. Can someone give a summary? Were they a decent looking team we beat? This seems like a really good win for our squad

TheRef
12-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow, just got home and saw the score. Hell yes, Rick Ray. I wish I could go back and watch since I missed it. Sounds like we played realky good. Can someone give a summary? Were they a decent looking team we beat? This seems like a really good win for our squad

We forced TOs and got points off of them. We played hard-nosed run it down your throat basketball.

thf24
12-19-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but engie's link from the first page was fine. I use that site all the time; it streams just about any sporting event that's aired on cable or satellite. Just DO NOT click anything asking you to install any plugins. You don't need them (they're just ad-ware) and if the overlay telling you that you do won't go away or give you an option to close it after about 30 seconds, click a different mirror right above the video window.

Dawg61
12-19-2013, 11:23 PM
We killed FGCU with fouls and steals. Sword has learned to only shoot layups and Borchert and Thomas are much more selective with their shots. IJ Ready is damn good. He needs to shoot way way more. He's by far the best shooter on the team. If he can start drawing fouls like Sword we will have a very formidable back court in the SEC. Roq Johnson is a sneaky good player too. He passes it very well at times and slips inside for layups. Very pleased with the effort and results tonight. Slight wool surfaced. Loved hearing Richard Williams tonight. He talked up our facilities. Can we get him hired by ESPN to do our games?

messageboardsuperhero
12-19-2013, 11:23 PM

We played good, aggressive defense and forced turnovers that led to points on the other end- which is what Ray has been preaching all along.

FGCU returned 4 starters from their sweet 16 team last year, so they're a pretty solid.

MarketingBully01
12-19-2013, 11:36 PM
That's why we lost against TCU. We didn't take it to them nor did we play well that game. IJ Ready is a difference maker at the PG position. If we had him last year, we at least win 4 more games (A&M at home, LSU at home and Alabama A&M just to name three off the top of my head).

Dawg61
12-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Not knocking our win but except for the jerseys you wouldn't recognize that as the same team that destroyed Georgetown. They miss Sherwood Brown and Andy Enfield BAD. Sucks for that school. They were really awesome to watch last year. That same team beat #2 seed and ACC Champs Miami earlier in the year too.

HoopsDawg
12-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Not knocking our win but except for the jerseys you wouldn't recognize that as the same team that destroyed Georgetown. They miss Sherwood Brown and Andy Enfield BAD. Sucks for that school. They were really awesome to watch last year. That same team beat #2 seed and ACC Champs Miami earlier in the year too.

I didn't realize how much they lost from last year, but I'm still shocked we won. If Fred can make shots we can win 5 or 6 sec games.