PDA

View Full Version : MSU offers Sammie Epps

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2013, 07:38 PM
We just offered Sammie Epps. I find this interesting because why would we offer a guy we have no shot at this late?

I wonder if Epps has expressed interest and the coaches know something we don't?

whosyourdawgy
12-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Saw that. Why not offer? The kid is obviously a helluva athlete. If he's interested, let's see if he'll bite. We have a few good TE's but if Epps comes in and blows the doors off, he could see PT rather quickly. M Johnson is back, but I'd love a big ol athletic tight end.

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Saw that. Why not offer? The kid is obviously a helluva athlete. If he's interested, let's see if he'll bite. We have a few good TE's but if Epps comes in and blows the doors off, he could see PT rather quickly. M Johnson is back, but I'd love a big ol athletic tight end.

I don't think you understand. This late when it's your rival's commit, you don't offer unless you know he'll bite to some degree.

Paul Jones has already said that he'll likely visit.

I don't think out coaches do this unless they think they have a real shot.

engie
12-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Makes about as much sense as Ole Miss offering Chris Jones another week later last year. I think offering is a prerequisite to knowing whether or not you have a shot.

Obviously, it was an Ole Miss/HS coach conspiracy to hide him from us and keep him off the radar**

Sacrifice
12-19-2013, 07:50 PM
I love it..Let's put OM ass on defense for a while..

Coach34
12-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Who would blame the kid from switching to the best program in the state that beats its rival 80% of the time under its current coach?

mic
12-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Makes about as much sense as Ole Miss offering Chris Jones another week later last year. I think offering is a prerequisite to knowing whether or not you have a shot.

Obviously, it was an Ole Miss/HS coach conspiracy to hide him from us and keep him off the radar**

Come on engie.. do you honestly think that a schools coach tries to "hide" a player with all the knowledge we have today about athletes just to keep him off the radar for other schools.?? That sounds like some spin OM would use....

ScottH
12-19-2013, 07:57 PM
I love it..Let's put OM ass on defense for a while..

This ^^^ I'd offer several of their commitments. If you don't punch back, the other guy will never stop punching you.

RougeDawg
12-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Who would blame the kid from switching to the best program in the state that beats its rival 80% of the time under its current coach?

^^^This^^^ and the wheels seem to be close to coming off in Oxford. Why not us be the final blow that knocks them off the axle?

I posted the other day about us needing to target some of their commits to force their recruiting cronies to spend time on keeping their current commits. Genius if you asked me.

engie
12-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Come on engie.. do you honestly think that a schools coach tries to "hide" a player with all the knowledge we have today about athletes just to keep him off the radar for other schools.?? That sounds like some spin OM would use....

How could you possibly miss the obvious implication from that after following Chris Jones's recruitment? And the sarcasterisks?

mic
12-19-2013, 08:29 PM
How could you possibly miss the obvious implication from that after following Chris Jones's recruitment? And the sarcasterisks?

I was joking..

Schultzy
12-19-2013, 08:41 PM
We've got some stroke...when we want to.

BurgDawg
12-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Someone tell hack we need some big Ks and a couple jackets hahaha I'm kidding hack I'm glad u did what u did brotha

Todd4State
12-19-2013, 09:05 PM

This is a very good point. Also, we use our TE a lot more like a NFL team uses their TE. That alone would make us more attractive based on how we use his position.

Todd4State
12-19-2013, 09:07 PM

You mean like how Bobby Hall hides our recruiting letters from his players?

Coach34
12-19-2013, 09:09 PM
You mean like how Bobby Hall hides our recruiting letters from his players?

I used to do the same shit #rivalry

Coach34
12-19-2013, 09:11 PM
One thing also to think about is players like Prescott and Staley recruiting for us. These guys are dynamic and will help pull some guys we may not normally get

Todd4State
12-19-2013, 09:16 PM
I used to do the same shit #rivalry

Did you hide them under your hat?**

Coach34
12-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Did you hide them under your hat?**

yep and still fought the trannies off

preachermatt83
12-19-2013, 09:58 PM
A source who should have some knowledge of the situation is saying that Epps will be signing with State.

engie
12-19-2013, 10:02 PM
A source who should have some knowledge of the situation is saying that Epps will be signing with State.

Would be huge if it worked out like that. Both in the fact that we need him as an elite talent -- and in changing the perception that we can play their game too.

Pollodawg
12-19-2013, 10:04 PM
I would say that this had been orchestrated by Ole Miss, but we offered the kid. The only way I could imagine this being a bear plot would be if he called our staff, acted interested, decommits from OM to "think about it," leans toward MSU, signs with the bears on signing day. I don't put that shit past them.

32 Dive
12-19-2013, 10:32 PM
I would say that this had been orchestrated by Ole Miss, but we offered the kid. The only way I could imagine this being a bear plot would be if he called our staff, acted interested, decommits from OM to "think about it," leans toward MSU, signs with the bears on signing day. I don't put that shit past them.

As an uninformed outsider, this is exactly the scenario that came to mind. I guess it's my Rebel Shopping Season paranoia...

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-19-2013, 10:43 PM

your source is 10000% wrong on this one...

engie
12-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Did none of you follow recruiting back when Jackie used to take who he wanted -- and Croom even flipped a couple of their best prospects at the 9th hour? We can play the game just as well as they can.

Pollodawg
12-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Did none of you follow recruiting back when Jackie used to take who he wanted -- and Croom even flipped a couple of their best prospects at the 9th hour? We can play the game just as well as they can.

That's probably true, but I won't believe Epps signs with us until he does it.

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-19-2013, 11:00 PM
being really close to the situation I can promise you he's not going anywhere but OM

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Epps update:

Paul text him and asked if he will be taking a visit to MSU. He responded "yes"

Deltadawg on 247 is saying that Epps' mother works for MSU, (extension service maybe?)

Also said that Epps will be a dawg.

Dawg496
12-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Ole Miss is going to get some of the same medicine they dished out last year. Alabama has already taken a couple of their recruits, wouldn't be surprised to see Hampton go as well. I bet UGA and FSU are going to gun hard for a player or two as well.

We've got a real shot with Epps.

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Deltadawg is 100% wrong

engie
12-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Well, that settles that**

Pollodawg
12-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Deltadawg is 100% wrong

Well, instead of a smart ace quip give us how you know he will be at OM. I think he will, but notice I said I only think.....

hacker
12-19-2013, 11:58 PM
FWIW, the only two predictions on Epps as of today are to MSU: http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Sammie-Epps-at-Greenwood-49502/Predictions

Interesting.

Edit: These predictions were made following our offer.

Todd4State
12-20-2013, 12:27 AM

I think this is more a case of us having a need for a TE and an in state guy performing well. He didn't come to the Big Dawg Camp- and according to scout he didn't camp at Ole Miss or anywhere else which I found interesting.

Regardless of what happens with his recruitment, MSU going after him is a good idea on their part. He appears to be a guy that was somewhat under-recruited probably because he didn't do the camp circuit. The fact is, at this time he is still committed to Ole Miss and it shouldn't surprise anyone if he stays committed to them based on that fact alone. This appears to be one of the rare times that their staff actually found a good player rather than waiting on MSU to find one and then go after that player. We did the same with Brandon Bryant and now Ole Miss has been coming after him. It's just how recruiting is. You go after the best players that you can get. That said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he flipped to MSU. I say that because he appears to be excited about the MSU offer and appears to want to see what MSU has to offer.

It_Could_Happen
12-20-2013, 01:44 AM
I wanna believe this... But every single thing I've heard out of greenwood is epps is headed to Oxford.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2013, 04:59 AM
I wanna believe this... But every single thing I've heard out of greenwood is epps is headed to Oxford.

So... In the 12 hours since we offered Epps, you've inquired the whole town about him to come to this conclusion?

Remember he didn't have MSU offer till 12 hours ago

MetEdDawg
12-20-2013, 06:24 AM
This is not about whether we get Epps or not. This is about changing our mentality people. We offered an in state Ole Miss commit. Shut the hell up with the negativity and jump on board our flip train. Screw what you hear or what you know about him staying with Ole Miss.

In order to change our recruiting mentality, we have to just say Epps is coming to MSU, pump that 24/7, but have an understanding that obviously it's possible he doesn't come here. We need public confidence about this kind of stuff people if we want to change how we and other recruits view our recruiting. More confidence, less negativity. When in comes to recruiting, we need to be 100% pro MSU, regardless of how bleak the situation is or how much we know to the contrary.

MaroonState
12-20-2013, 07:08 AM
This is not about whether we get Epps or not. This is about changing our mentality people. We offered an in state Ole Miss commit. Shut the hell up with the negativity and jump on board our flip train. Screw what you hear or what you know about him staying with Ole Miss.

In order to change our recruiting mentality, we have to just say Epps is coming to MSU, pump that 24/7, but have an understanding that obviously it's possible he doesn't come here. We need public confidence about this kind of stuff people if we want to change how we and other recruits view our recruiting. More confidence, less negativity. When in comes to recruiting, we need to be 100% pro MSU, regardless of how bleak the situation is or how much we know to the contrary.

This guy gets it!! Bravo sir.

Barking 13
12-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Kinda OT, but I was talking to a big Bammer alum yesterday and he was commenting on how quiet OM has been this year as opposed to last year.
After seeing Epps in the MS/AL game I wondered if we had offered.. That one handed grab was a thing of beauty.

EngineerDawg
12-20-2013, 09:09 AM
yep and still fought the trannies off

I just spit I laughed so hard.

Thick
12-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Hey "Doggiestyle", please share your knowledge about Epps, instead of claiming how much you know....prove it! Spill it big guy.

EngineerDawg
12-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Hey "Doggiestyle", please share your knowledge about Epps, instead of claiming how much you know....prove it! Spill it big guy.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?10237-It-s-Time

I smell something....

Bubb Rubb
12-20-2013, 10:05 AM
your source is 10000% wrong on this one...

Trollas gotta troll

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-20-2013, 10:06 AM
His mother accepted a job in Oxford and his siblings are going to be enrolled into OPS..The job has no relation to OM or anything like that...His mom just wanted to be closer to Sammie plus the school system is good and he has grown up an ole miss fan..That is 100% fact...so there you go...

EngineerDawg
12-20-2013, 10:13 AM
His mother accepted a job in Oxford and his siblings are going to be enrolled into OPS..The job has no relation to OM or anything like that...His mom just wanted to be closer to Sammie plus the school system is good and he has grown up an ole miss fan..That is 100% fact...so there you go...

says the guy asking for dirt on ole miss recruiting.... Im not buying. Wholesaling.

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-20-2013, 10:18 AM
believe what you want brother nobodies making you do a damn thing

FISHDAWG
12-20-2013, 10:21 AM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?10237-It-s-Time

I smell something....

^^^ I hope it's an IP ban because this sounds like a bear infiltrator ^^

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-20-2013, 10:23 AM
so asking for dirt=OM fan? Get the **** out of here with that weak shit...Epps ain't coming 0 percent ask anyone in that town and they'll tell you that

FISHDAWG
12-20-2013, 10:24 AM
FO ... bear

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-20-2013, 10:26 AM
piss off coast trash

bluelightstar
12-20-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't know if he's a "bear infiltrator" but we definitely sound like 3rd graders in this thread. "Rebel troll!!!!111!"

EngineerDawg
12-20-2013, 10:33 AM

well why didn't you include this in your original OM dirt thread?

1+1=2 always... you can try and modify the outcome in theory... but it always adds up.

Political Hack
12-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Merry Flipmas.

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-20-2013, 10:47 AM
because that isn't dirt dip shit...

Thick
12-20-2013, 10:55 AM

I ask for it, and I got it. Thanks for the info. We'll see what comes from it.

Coach34
12-20-2013, 11:27 AM
ok kids- lets play nice

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 11:39 AM
What do ya'll think your chances are to flip Epps personally?

Our 247 guy said last night Sammie told him "probably not" on taking a visit to MSU, but he also told the MSU media he was going to take a visit.

Seems like this guy has been one of the safest guys on our commit list for a while, but we'll see what happens down the stretch

EngineerDawg
12-20-2013, 11:40 AM

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Paul Jones just confirmed that Sammy Epps' mother is indeed an MSU employee. Not sure what capacity, but this is interesting none the less.

engie
12-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Paul Jones just confirmed that Sammy Epps' mother is indeed an MSU employee. Not sure what capacity, but this is interesting none the less.

You mean to tell me that she works for MSU in Oxford?!?**

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-20-2013, 11:58 AM
What do ya'll think your chances are to flip Epps personally?

Our 247 guy said last night Sammie told him "probably not" on taking a visit to MSU, but he also told the MSU media he was going to take a visit.

Seems like this guy has been one of the safest guys on our commit list for a while, but we'll see what happens down the stretch
He's 100% flipping...and there seems to be major curse on the TE position at om. Maybe Christian Morgan got in his ear.

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 12:03 PM
He's 100% flipping...and there seems to be major curse on the TE position at om. Maybe Christian Morgan got in his ear.

So you know for a fact he's flipping to MSU? Intradesting...

Sacrifice
12-20-2013, 12:17 PM
We need to go all out balls to the wall red carpet treatment and flip this kid. I'm talking sitting in the church pews on Sunday type off stuff..I love a big receiver that'll go up and get the F-in ball and how great would it be for OM to lose Epps and Hampton..There would need to be MAJOR sales run on bow ties and short pink shorts for OM fan to deal with that.

Thick
12-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Some of these OM recruits need to see Kinkaide in action before signing you would think. I wonder if Bo will see many snaps, or will he eventually lose his position to Kinkaide in order to insure these recruits that OM has a legit QB. I don't care what he did in HS, doesn't matter. College performance is what counts!

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Paul is getting old info unfortunately

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Personally I would like the kid's mom's employment off the thread. If she is indeed an MSU employee - no one needs to know that shit. Especially if we end up flipping his ass.

Hell knowing our compliance department they may try and get the lady fired just so we can be safe. I really think this thread needs to be locked/deleted. Paul needs to keep his mouth shut about it too.

smootness
12-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Personally I would like the kid's mom's employment off the thread. If she is indeed an MSU employee - no one needs to know that shit. Especially if we end up flipping his ass.

Hell knowing our compliance department they may try and get the lady fired just so we can be safe. I really think this thread needs to be locked/deleted. Paul needs to keep his mouth shut about it too.

She was already and MSU employee before his recruitment began. What would be the issue?

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2013, 01:38 PM
She was already and MSU employee before his recruitment began. What would be the issue?

Im not saying there is any issue - I just don't see the point of that being made public. That is all Im saying.

CJDAWG85
12-20-2013, 01:56 PM

So is your spelling of interesting...

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 02:08 PM
So is your spelling of interesting...

Lol did that really just fly over your head?

CJDAWG85
12-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm kidding haha

Ronny
12-20-2013, 02:12 PM
..thread with rebel spin, you've taken subtle potshots at MSU in your almost every post.

Last but not least, you are not friendly. You're an asshole.

They'll be pulling the plug on you soon (if they haven't already) & that will be a good day in my book.

Todd4State
12-20-2013, 02:13 PM
You mean to tell me that she works for MSU in Oxford?!?**

It is OUR State.

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 02:18 PM
..thread with rebel spin, you've taken subtle potshots at MSU in your almost every post.

They'll be pulling the plug on you soon (if they haven't already) & that will be a good day in my book.

Subtle pot shots? You're reaching a bit man..

CJ can have some harmless fun with a Reb. Take a chill pill

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Yes, he's friends of a friend that is related to my stepsister's third cousins' brother-in-law...

defiantdog
12-20-2013, 02:47 PM
I love recruiting season. Just think if we actually knew what was going on.... would take the fun out of speculation though. Besides, these kids like being recruited. Hell, being friends with mike espy in high school, I knew he was going to om.... everyone did. He just enjoyed being recruited.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Sammie Epps ‏@SammieEpps10
MSU Fans been off the chain all day today !

smootness
12-20-2013, 03:32 PM

Uh oh....

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 04:02 PM

I'll cut you a deal. How about I never post again if Hampton goes to Bama? ;)

maroonmania
12-20-2013, 04:06 PM

Is this a good thing or bad thing??

maroonmania
12-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Just think if we actually knew what was going on....

What do you mean "if we actually knew what was going on"? We've got posters on here who 100% KNOW he's going to flip to those who 100% KNOW he's sticking with OM. Can't get any more in the know than that.

FriendlyReb
12-20-2013, 04:22 PM
This is true. Some kind of intertangled scheme where he plays for both schools maybe?

CJDAWG85
12-20-2013, 04:24 PM
He's all time offense in next year's Egg Bowl.

Pokerdawg44
12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Supposively Epps mother did work for msu but was given a job by ole miss a couple weeks ago.

smootness
12-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Supposively Epps mother did work for msu but was given a job by ole miss a couple weeks ago.

Ok, so let her know she can walk right back into her old job at State. It shouldn't be that hard to even the playing field. She may not want to move back again, but I would think she's probably more comfortable at State anyway.

If she just switched to be closer to him, then let her know she can work at either school if she wants, and then it's up to him again.

Schultzy
12-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I'll cut you a deal. How about I never post again if Hampton goes to Bama? ;)

I have a deal for you. How about you never post again. Since you don't know jack shit.

gravedigger
12-22-2013, 01:45 PM
The moon does not have time to pay attention to all the little dogs that bark at it.

hacker
12-22-2013, 04:03 PM
"supposively"

Sammie Epps has decommitted from OM