PDA

View Full Version : SC falls to SC Upstate

DCdawg
12-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Martin and the Gamecocks lose another game to an opponent they should easily handle. Just something to remember as Ray tries to build a program back.

engie
12-19-2013, 06:34 PM
I thought they were pretty close when I saw them play Baylor earlier this year -- but holy cow are they struggling now.

But these rebuilds from the bottom are easy. I learned that here**

MetEdDawg
12-19-2013, 06:35 PM
He's in year 2 and losing home games by 18 to Manhattan and by 6 to South Carolina Upstate??? That's beyond horrible and should never happen. We are possibly one of the worst teams in the SEC again but even WE haven't lost games like that in year 2 with our second year head coach.

I have thought that Frank Martin's style, especially with today's kids, is a recipe for disaster. Kids just don't respond well to all of that yelling and demeaning. It's embarrassing for all parties involved. As a high school teacher that also coaches, I can't imagine ever treating any kid like he does.

HoopsDawg
12-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Martin and the Gamecocks lose another game to an opponent they should easily handle. Just something to remember as Ray tries to build a program back.

I love the daily updates on the gamecock program.

msstate7
12-19-2013, 06:58 PM

You would rather hear about our failures I'm sure

HoopsDawg
12-19-2013, 07:00 PM
You would rather hear about our failures I'm sure

what a dumb ass post Gene.

DCdawg
12-19-2013, 07:08 PM

Coincidentally, I love the daily tearing down of a program that I claim to be a fan of.**

engie
12-19-2013, 07:17 PM
He's in year 2 and losing home games by 18 to Manhattan and by 6 to South Carolina Upstate??? That's beyond horrible and should never happen. We are possibly one of the worst teams in the SEC again but even WE haven't lost games like that in year 2 with our second year head coach.

I have thought that Frank Martin's style, especially with today's kids, is a recipe for disaster. Kids just don't respond well to all of that yelling and demeaning. It's embarrassing for all parties involved. As a high school teacher that also coaches, I can't imagine ever treating any kid like he does.

Depends on the kid. The "right" fits for his program will respond well to that type of coaching. But it doesn't seem that he's got many of those fits thusfar.

HoopsDawg
12-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Coincidentally, I love the daily tearing down of a program that I claim to be a fan of.**

is stating reality considered tearing down in your book?

bully99
12-19-2013, 07:34 PM
If he loses to South Carolina Downstate that may be the final straw.

msstate7
12-19-2013, 07:34 PM
is stating reality considered tearing down in your book?
It's just your reality is always negative. Most realists realize that things arent as bad as you think nor as good as gene-types (I'm not a member actually) think.

Dawg61
12-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Can we please stop with the updates on the crazy ****er at South Carolina. Nobody here wanted that psycho to replace Stansbury. Now Bobby Knight. That's a different story.

Coach34
12-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Can we please stop with the updates on the crazy ****er at South Carolina. Nobody here wanted that psycho to replace Stansbury. .

Don't say that around 601Dawg/SouthMsDawg/Al Bundy Bulldawg- he whined from the mountain tops how come SC could hire Frank Martin but we could only get lowly Rick Ray

The bottom line is that rock bottom rebuilds are tough- no matter who the coach is.

Dawg61
12-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Something smelled real foul with Martin at the time he left KSU. They had massive transfers and he supposedly hated the AD there plus it only takes 30 seconds watching that guy to know he's a total basket case. Bitching about hiring Ray is more than fair but comparing Martin to him is absurd. The guy Ray is facing tonight is a very fair comparison considering Stricklin hired Ray without interviewing Dooley. The real comparison is Kenny Payne though and he's still on the bench at Kentucky.