PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Walker (Callaway)

BeastMan
12-19-2013, 06:00 PM
He signed with Copiah-Lincoln CC today and enrolls in January. He was the first of the Callaway bunch to commit to the Rebs. Take a look at what Talty wrote. Doesn't look like he spun it to help "his bear counterparts" to me. http://blogs.clarionledger.com/recruiting/2013/12/19/callaway-star-ronald-walker-signs-with-co-lin/

But Ole Miss didn?t take an active role in finding a junior college for Walker after it became apparent he wasn?t going to academically qualify by the end of his senior year. Davis said that while multiple schools inquired with him about Walker, no school definitively placed him there.

MSU might need to give him a call if we have a safety need in 2 years. He's a nice player that could bloom in juco. Former Callaway teammate Jocquell Johnson (and current MSU commit) was instrumental in getting him there. Current CLCC head coach is former MSU coach Glen Davis fwiw.

engie
12-19-2013, 06:05 PM
I like Co-Lin becoming a bit of a feeder school for us. Wish they all were...

To me, Speaks is the gem of that group. I don't see Harris or Walker as that big of deals -- and Taylor would certainly be nice to have, but Speaks is the one that makes the biggest difference the quickest IMO

BeastMan
12-19-2013, 06:06 PM

To me, Speaks is the gem of that group. I don't see Harris or Walker as that big of deals -- and Taylor would certainly be nice to have, but Speaks is the one that makes the biggest difference the quickest IMO

Speaks is my favorite as well and his recent LSU offer shows he's an elite talent. Walker is a really good athlete and could be a guy that becomes a stud after 2 years of juco.

HancockCountyDog
12-19-2013, 06:07 PM

Walker is a really good player. This is good news. He played really well in the 7 on 7 camps this past summer.

Once Hampton commits to Bama, the bears will be hurting.

CadaverDawg
12-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Isn't Clarence McDougal still coaching at Co Lin as well? If so, we have some good representation there.

ETA: A quick google search just revealed that McDougal left Colin to take a job at Hinds CC. Would this be considered a good thing for us since we already have Davis at CoLin? The more representation around the State as possible, the better I would think. CMac still bleeds Maroon and White too.

engie
12-19-2013, 06:29 PM
We have JUCO coaches running out the wazoo around MS. The problem is all the placements that have happened here in the past and those coaches never wanting to burn bridges with other programs...

Thick
12-19-2013, 06:30 PM

Glenn was a grad assistant under Felker when I was playing there. Good old Tunica boy that joined JWS's staff, and was a very good recruiter, but he was used as the fall guy for the NCAA too. I'm pretty sure that the sting of that stuck for a while. It appears that the relationship is getting better, and that's good for us.

t45fixer
12-19-2013, 06:50 PM
How does he enroll in Jan. but has grade problems in high school??????????

BeastMan
12-19-2013, 07:00 PM
How does he enroll in Jan. but has grade problems in high school??????????

GED I assume

Westdawg
12-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Good dang question. Must be a. ACT score or something. But even that doesn't add up because he has at least two or maybe even 3 chances to take that before he would babe to enroll and go through the Clearinghouse. Doesn't add up

was21
12-19-2013, 08:20 PM
So Sherrill threw him under the bus?

sbcmortgageman
12-19-2013, 08:49 PM
To me, this is why they're going after Bryant. They knew this may happen. Still intriguing.

engie
12-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Or it means something on Hootie Jones who just decommitted from Bama and is said to be best friends with CJ Hampton...

Todd4State
12-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Good dang question. Must be a. ACT score or something. But even that doesn't add up because he has at least two or maybe even 3 chances to take that before he would babe to enroll and go through the Clearinghouse. Doesn't add up

Maybe it's possible that they pulled his scholarship?

Todd4State
12-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Or it means something on Hootie Jones who just decommitted from Bama and is said to be best friends with CJ Hampton...

This^^^^

Thick
12-19-2013, 09:04 PM

I don't know who actually made the decision, but someone did and I never said JWS himself did. Do any of you remember the recruiting parties in the Jackson area under JWS? Glenn and crew would roll out into those parties with chests poked out and cocktails flowing. The year we signed Donte and company, the Jackson party was a drunk fest, and that staff knew that they owned the state in every facet of recruiting....high school and JUCO! Great times and a hell of a lot of fun!

Coach34
12-19-2013, 09:42 PM

No- but some dead bodies just couldnt be hid

MaroonState
12-20-2013, 01:53 AM
So is there any truth to rumors about the Cway players having the use of a house/houses in the northeast jxn area? Maybe even the eastover section?