PDA

View Full Version : MSU should offer Tebow a job.

Dawg61
12-19-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm serious. The comparisons are already out there and Tebow needs a job. I'm sure Tebow is going to try for the NFL next year but what else is he going to do in the Spring. He can only train so many hours a day. Thoughts? Atleast offer it to him.

SignalToNoise
12-19-2013, 03:56 PM
A job doing what?

Is Tebow a proven recruiter, position coach, or coordinator?

EngineerDawg
12-19-2013, 03:56 PM
I think his new gig will be on the gameday panel for SEC network with Rece Davis?

quickstrike2
12-19-2013, 04:05 PM
A job doing what?

Is Tebow a proven recruiter, position coach, or coordinator?

This was my thoughts. Then a name entered my mind, Kliff Kingsbury.

He had little to no experience, was brought in by his offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen as a quality control guy at Houston and bam next thing you know he is the hottest coaching prospect out there and gets his own gig. So its not unheard of. However, i believe there is a 0% chance Tebow would take a job in Starkville.

Dawg61
12-19-2013, 04:08 PM
I would think Tebow could help Dak quite a bit. Especially since he knows the system and Mullen so well. Everyone is already making the comparisons between Dak and Tebow.

Barking 13
12-19-2013, 04:18 PM
dude, give me that bong!

Statecoachingblows**
12-19-2013, 04:25 PM
A job with a title and zero responsibility. Let us benefit from the media circus that is Tebownania! He might not be a proven Recruiter I think he would actually probably do pretty well. He's known by all the young guys playing today, has a heisman, won a championship, and NFL experience.

BulldogDX55
12-19-2013, 04:36 PM
I would think Tebow could help Dak quite a bit. Especially since he knows the system and Mullen so well. Everyone is already making the comparisons between Dak and Tebow.

Wait, are we trying to make Dak better or worse? I don't want Tebow anywhere near the throwing motion of our stud QB.

The only place he would be an acceptable hire is on the recruiting trail. This won't happen though, as someone said (and I've heard the same) that he will be the Kirk Herbstreit equivalent for the SEC Networks version of Gameday. I don't think he will do well there either, as I've listened to him speak, and he is not very good at it (unless he is in a situation where he just lost to Ole Miss).

The only plus would be all of the press coverage.

Coach34
12-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Tebow is going around making money speaking to churches and other groups. He is going to start going on missions to other countries. They say he has no interest in coaching right now

Quaoarsking
12-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Dan and Tim used to do thanksgiving together every year. They are closer than many people realize. It's not that far-fetched

was21
12-19-2013, 05:20 PM
He probably will have better options. I don't know what job he would have on this staff.

Dawgowar
12-19-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm serious. The comparisons are already out there and Tebow needs a job. I'm sure Tebow is going to try for the NFL next year but what else is he going to do in the Spring. He can only train so many hours a day. Thoughts? Atleast offer it to him.

Read the other day multiple networks bidding for him. He is going to television. I suspect any initial shortcomings he has in presenting his views on air can be corrected - I mean if Desmond Howard is allowed to babble on why not Tebow?

Dawgtini
12-19-2013, 05:57 PM
And I hear he is also a special teams guru**. Seriously, the pub would be awesome and off the charts positive. Hire him.

DCdawg
12-19-2013, 06:02 PM
I think the Holy War would officially be over and Freeze would be defeated if Tebow came to Starkville.