PDA

View Full Version : Revenue growth

FlabLoser
04-24-2013, 09:16 AM
BeastMan...an idea for an offseason article...

Engie posted up on SPS that

LT raised $60 million during his time at MSU.
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20080621/NEWS/67221482?p=2&tc=pg

Then Ninja walks in and raises $17M in one year.

Followed by $70 million in 2 years under Stricklin.
http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/diving-into-the-numbers-behind-the-bulldog-club-the-last-two-years-nearly-70-million-toward-msu-athletics/

It would be interesting to chart revenue growth over about 20 years. Would also be curious how much of that is ESPN gravy.

slickdawg
04-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Did I mention how glad I am that POS LT is gone?

Goat Holder
04-24-2013, 09:29 AM
This sort of thing interests me. I think MSU should really put some work into our marketing brand and demographics. I love the 'Our State' deal, and it's obviously produced results as you can see in the revenues. But I think we can take it a step further. If I had time to do it, I wish I could see a map of all MSU alums and where they are located. Probably could do this via the MSU AA directory. I'm looking at more how we can market ourselves out of state and make those areas 'Our State'. Birmingham, Memphis, Houston, Atlanta and Mobile are prime examples. It's up to us fans/alums to make this sort of thing happen.

Always like how Auburn and Clemson are almost considered instate in Georgia. While I don't think we can ever achieve this sort of thing with another state due to location and name (MISSISSIPPI State, Tuscaloosa directly adjacent to us in Alabama), I still think we can become a solid 2nd choice in Louisiana and Alabama.

engie
04-24-2013, 10:47 AM
BeastMan...an idea for an offseason article...

Engie posted up on SPS that

LT raised $60 million during his time at MSU.
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20080621/NEWS/67221482?p=2&tc=pg

Then Ninja walks in and raises $17M in one year.

Followed by $70 million in 2 years under Stricklin.
http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/diving-into-the-numbers-behind-the-bulldog-club-the-last-two-years-nearly-70-million-toward-msu-athletics/

It would be interesting to chart revenue growth over about 20 years. Would also be curious how much of that is ESPN gravy.

Flab, this is 0% tv revenue. This is strictly Bulldog Club donations that I'm talking about here...

In that regard, we've been playing with the big boys the past 2 years -- absolutely on par with the elites of the SEC.

Homedawg
04-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Flab, this is 0% tv revenue. This is strictly Bulldog Club donations that I'm talking about here...

In that regard, we've been playing with the big boys the past 2 years -- absolutely on par with the elites of the SEC.

That's good. However, we don't have the Seal's to drop us a huge check every year.

ScoobaDawg
04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
I seem to remember a change in the way Money was counted a few years back. There used to the bulldog club and the bulldog foundation (where the cigar boys money went to pay for salaries and other costs) and now those are combined?

engie
04-24-2013, 12:57 PM
That's good. However, we don't have the Seal's to drop us a huge check every year.

Why not? They will still be paying on the football complex for another couple of years right now.

And our Viking founder just cashed out with a couple hundred million...

Homedawg
04-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Why not? They will still be paying on the football complex for another couple of years right now.

And our Viking founder just cashed out with a couple hundred million...

Best of my knowledge, the Seal's money is already accounted for in the numbers previously stated. And considering we have only received one other athletic gift anywhere near that size, i dont know how you can count on getting more like them. Year after year that is. Yes we have been gifted nice sums from good bulldogs- bryan, Holliman, and Mize to name a few, but we don't have multi millionaires waiting in the wings to supplement us like others do. Just can't see it. Wish w had a&m money but we don't.

engie
04-24-2013, 02:06 PM
It's accounted for in the 37.6 number from 2 years go. If you remove it, we actually brought in more money last year. I took it to imply that you thought the Seals would quit donating -- hence the question.

Just because we don't have a T Boone or Phil Knight doesn't mean that we can't be incredibly successful financially. We've got a ton of people giving big money to MSU right now. Many multiples of what we've had at any other point in our history. If we simply stay the course along with new tv revenue, the constant values of engineers and vets, and the skyrocketing value of farmers, we will significantly close the monetary gap that has always existed between us and the "haves" -- and we can leave our rival in the dust...

Will James
04-24-2013, 02:16 PM
and we can leave our rival in the dust...

Gotta love tort reform