PDA

View Full Version : cj hampton say

bully99
12-18-2013, 08:26 PM
He no longer committed to Ole Miss or something like that.

Coach34
12-18-2013, 08:33 PM
where did he say that?

Freezus tweeted something today about catching a fish- wondering if this is extra drama created for the dead period?

Jacksondevildog
12-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Yancy is smiley-facing it which means he's either high or Hampton is pulling a fast one.

Jacksondevildog
12-18-2013, 08:34 PM
@TDsTake: 4-star safety C.J. Hampton says he is no longer committed to #OleMiss (initially committed in June 2012) ...#Bama #FSU #Arkansas are in mix.

Coach34
12-18-2013, 08:39 PM
drama creation for the dead period- then OM will win out so they can create all this momentum

Gotta love the recruiting playbook

yakalot
12-18-2013, 08:41 PM
where did he say that?

Freezus tweeted something today about catching a fish- wondering if this is extra drama created for the dead period?

My guess is there will be a big prayer meeting with CJ tonight, and he will see the light.

Political Hack
12-18-2013, 08:41 PM
holy shit. they're flipping their own commits now? this has reached a new level of stoooopid.

Bucky Dog
12-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Coach you mentioned the fish tweet and it may be Germans, but a friend who is big OM guy says Freeze will tweet about a big fish and will mention lakes in area of said recruit and will mention the position coach that was with him when he caught it. How is that legal? I mean he is technically not mentioning the guys name but but come on!

Political Hack
12-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Coach you mentioned the fish tweet and it may be Germans, but a friend who is big OM guy says Freeze will tweet about a big fish and will mention lakes in area of said recruit and will mention the position coach that was with him when he caught it. How is that legal? I mean he is technically not mentioning the guys name but but come on!

meanwhile we reported a secondary violation a couple of years ago for a coach tweeting about a "beast" while watching a practice.

bulldawg28
12-18-2013, 08:49 PM
holy shit. they're flipping their own commits now? this has reached a new level of stoooopid.

Lol... agreed.

messageboardsuperhero
12-18-2013, 08:52 PM
drama creation for the dead period- then OM will win out so they can create all this momentum

Yep. Create all this fake drama during the dead period, only for UM to come out on top at the end and generate some manufactured momentum.

This just smells of typical Yancy/UM media control- expect Hampton to announce for UM on Friday.

bully99
12-18-2013, 08:53 PM
A fish Rots from the head down.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-18-2013, 08:53 PM

Sounds like they created their own perpetual motion machine. Their recrootin' practices have figured out a way to violate the 1st law of thermodynamics!

mic
12-18-2013, 08:54 PM

Hell next they will be trying to count the same player in different recruiting years just to get better * ratings..

Coach34
12-18-2013, 08:56 PM

The kid may indeed flip to Bama- but this looks like its going to be spun as "Bama wanted him so bad but he still chose us. Our momentum is rising!!!". Just my impression from comments by some of their longtime posters around boards I checked the last couple of weeks. They seem to think the deal has been accepted

Jacksondevildog
12-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Pretty bad that they have to pay this kid for him to stay committed. Freeze will tweet out a picture of a big bass Friday. Freeze will have a larger mouth though.

BossDawg
12-18-2013, 09:16 PM
delete. double post

BossDawg
12-18-2013, 09:18 PM
to be spun as "Bama wanted him so bad but he still chose us. Our momentum is rising!!!".

That is exactly what I think. Sometimes I really do think they'd rather win at public relations than on the field. They excel at feeding their own egos.

engie
12-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Hell next they will be trying to count the same player in different recruiting years just to get better * ratings..

You mean the Jeremy Liggins/Jerrell Powe/Snoop Brassell plan?**

preachermatt83
12-18-2013, 09:30 PM
This def sounds like a OM ploy but I don't think it is this time. I think the kid wants to go to bama. Word is Saban really made a splash when he came to meridian.

bully99
12-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Speaking of jerrel Powe. The chiefs released him a few days ago.

mic
12-18-2013, 09:37 PM
You mean the Jeremy Liggins/Jerrell Powe/Snoop Brassell plan?**

I am surprised they don't add Anthony Alford to this years class..

AlSwearengen
12-18-2013, 09:42 PM
This def sounds like a OM ploy but I don't think it is this time. I think the kid wants to go to bama. Word is Saban really made a splash when he came to meridian.

Channing Ward wanted to come to State, Antonio Conner wanted to go to bama, and there are many others. The problem is, olemiss makes it impossible one way or another for them to choose anyone but olemiss . And that is why olemiss never gets the return that they should from their investments. The players usually want to be someplace else.

swdawg
12-18-2013, 09:47 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/12/4-star_safety_cj_hampton_no_lo.html

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Speaking of jerrel Powe. The chiefs released him a few days ago.

I hope he did better in basic finance classes than he did in reading fundamentals.

paco
12-18-2013, 10:24 PM
That's funny, Hack! "Flipping their own recruits". Good one.

hells bells
12-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Will be interesting. His agent is probably in the war room at this point.

Saltydog
12-19-2013, 07:49 AM
nt

Thick
12-19-2013, 07:55 AM
That was a bad deal for the kid top to bottom...Channing Ward that is. Forced to go to OM, and really not getting the pt that deserves, or would have gotten at State. Life can be cruel when hitch your wagon to the Bearsharks.

Barking 13
12-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Channing Ward wanted to come to State, Antonio Conner wanted to go to bama, and there are many others. The problem is, olemiss makes it impossible one way or another for them to choose anyone but olemiss . And that is why olemiss never gets the return that they should from their investments. The players usually want to be someplace else.

extortion? (sex tapes, etc)

notsofarawaydawg
12-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Y'all just don't get it. Fish=Whore .. He's restocking his whore house for the upcoming recruiting bashes.

FlabLoser
12-19-2013, 09:10 AM

Brassell got them 8 stars that way.

HancockCountyDog
12-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Every person I talk to about Hampton says he is going to Bama. Now Im 99% sure that he is telling everyone what they want to hear, but I think the bears get stood up tomorrow.

Also, I don't care if they do sign him, he looked like shit in the AL/MS all star game, so bring it on.

Coach34
12-19-2013, 09:44 AM
extortion? (sex tapes, etc)

It becomes a business decision for the players family instead of where he really wants go- that's why you see so many of their recruits say "I got to do what's best for my family" when interviewed after committing or signing.

quickstrike2
12-19-2013, 10:04 AM
It becomes hard to turn down the cash for the guys. Then there's the cars, clothes, and hoes that the bears like to throw at you during the dead period and month of January.

RougeDawg
12-19-2013, 12:18 PM
It becomes a business decision for the players family instead of where he really wants go- that's why you see so many of their recruits say "I got to do what's best for my family" when interviewed after committing or signing.

I don't understand how this isn't a glaring red flag indicating improper recruiting benefits???

Is the NCAA that ****ing braindead?

quickstrike2
12-19-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't understand how this isn't a glaring red flag indicating improper recruiting benefits???

I quit thinking the NCAA is going to do anything about anything. I will say it looks like Ole Miss has slowed down on some of the antics, but its not January yet. Seems like that's when they get generous.

FlabLoser
12-19-2013, 12:49 PM

They aren't braindead. They lack authority to investigate. They depend on schools who turn themselves in and supply rope to hang themselves. FIRE BRACKY BRETT.

quickstrike2
12-19-2013, 12:57 PM
They aren't braindead. They lack authority to investigate. They depend on schools who turn themselves in and supply rope to hang themselves. FIRE BRACKY BRETT.

Amazingly there are schools out there that will do just this. I know of one ha.

Political Hack
12-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Ward's family would've had to move if he committed to anyone other than OM.

AlSwearengen
12-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Ward's family would've had to move if he committed to anyone other than OM.

And apparently, Conner would have been ineligible to play for every DI school in the country but olemiss. That is being held hostage, but I guess if you put yourself in that situation, you can only be pissed at yourself.

NCDawg
12-19-2013, 01:31 PM

Saban makes a "splash" wherever he goes. That's why Alabama is No. 1 in recruiting.