PDA

View Full Version : TSUN Freshman TE transferring out

TheRef
12-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Per his Twitter:
@C_Morgan2013: I have not decided to quit football, I am just transferring from Ole Miss. ...appreciate the opportunity they gave me.

Harrydawg
12-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Obviously making room for a six star**

RougeDawg
12-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Hmmm, seems reminiscent of the days under Nutt. Over promise recruits and then they start jumping ship.

AlSwearengen
12-18-2013, 07:51 PM
I think this is the guy that was committed to fl. st. (not golson), but his mom and sister ****ing loved them some grove. The kid went on and on about how great the grove and olemiss was. I also want to think olemiss gave his sister some kind of scholarship as well. He was a 4* from texas.

gravedigger
12-18-2013, 07:57 PM
deleted

CadaverDawg
12-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Haha, so let's list the guys that either left or are not contributing from the #5 class or whatever it was....

This guy - 4*
Kailo - 4*
Brassell - 4*?
Hooks - 4*?
Liggins? - 4*?

RougeDawg
12-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Haha, so let's list the guys that either left or are not contributing from the #5 class or whatever it was....

This guy - 4*
Kailo - 4*
Brassell - 4*?
Hooks - 4*?
Liggins? - 4*?

But they won in February. That's all that matters to lost bear fans. That and tailgate chandeliers.

AlSwearengen
12-18-2013, 09:46 PM
all joking aside, what is the story with this guy? Is he such a huge flop that after one season, it is obvious he isn't worth a shit and he is headed for a lower division of football?

Dawg61
12-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Evan Engram got hurt this year too. He had to have season ending ankle surgery. They might be hurting at that position right now.

paco
12-18-2013, 10:23 PM
He was the highest rated TE the rebs signed last year. He wasn't a bust. Morgan was injured. It would be interesting to know the real story.

FlabLoser
12-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Maybe Morgan is the guy rumored to be singing to the NCAA.

whosyourdawgy
12-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Hooks could still end up being a good player for them. Will Liggins count on this years class too? Kailo didn't do shit! Morgan hurt his knee in spring I believe and was redshirted. What's funny to me is Talty and the Rebel tweeters were all posting he had decided to give up football all together. That's why Morgan tweeted the above tweet to end all the bull shit being put out by the Bears.

Political Hack
12-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Maybe Morgan is the guy rumored to be singing to the NCAA.

not him.

CadaverDawg
12-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Hooks could still end up being a good player for them. Will Liggins count on this years class too? Kailo didn't do shit! Morgan hurt his knee in spring I believe and was redshirted. What's funny to me is Talty and the Rebel tweeters were all posting he had decided to give up football all together. That's why Morgan tweeted the above tweet to end all the bull shit being put out by the Bears.

Yea, Hooks could end up being good...but it will only be for one season if so. He only has one more year, correct?

smootness
12-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Morgan hurt his knee in spring I believe and was redshirted. What's funny to me is Talty and the Rebel tweeters were all posting he had decided to give up football all together. That's why Morgan tweeted the above tweet to end all the bull shit being put out by the Bears.

Freeze started this by claiming he was leaving the program because he didn't think he could overcome the injury he had.

AlSwearengen
12-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Freeze started this by claiming he was leaving the program because he didn't think he could overcome the injury he had.

processed out that quickly? Not very preacher like.

whosyourdawgy
12-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Here is the Hugh Rebelburger column with the Freeze quotes and video proof of the lying B.S.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2013/12/18/practice-notes-morgan-gives-up-football-and-wallace-speaks/?nclick_check=1

messageboardsuperhero
12-19-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't think this hurts them too much- they have plenty of pass catchers at TE, particularly with Engram back and Epps coming in. Now, if this guy was a stud blocker, that might be a little different.

Next year I see them being about the same as they were this year. UM just isn't going to get more the eight regular season wins until they get more physical on the OL. Getting Morris back with a more experienced Tunsil and Golson will help, but it takes more than three guys.

whosyourdawgy
12-19-2013, 12:45 AM
And now Kellenberger has put another blog on the cl with a quote added before the quote from the first blog to try to make Hugh not look like an ass. Oh the spin from there is good my friends.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2013/12/18/christian-morgan-i-have-not-decided-to-quit-football/

TheRef
12-19-2013, 12:47 AM
And now Kellenberger has put another blog on the cl with a quote added before the quote from the first blog to try to make Hugh not look like an ass. Oh the spin from there is good my friends.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2013/12/18/christian-morgan-i-have-not-decided-to-quit-football/

Someone should just constantly send out the first blog post as a reminder of what was originally said.

RougeDawg
12-19-2013, 01:21 AM
I don't think this hurts them too much- they have plenty of pass catchers at TE, particularly with Engram back and Epps coming in. Now, if this guy was a stud blocker, that might be a little different.

Next year I see them being about the same as they were this year. UM just isn't going to get more the eight regular season wins until they get more physical on the OL. Getting Morris back with a more experienced Tunsil and Golson will help, but it takes more than three guys.

You mean until Bama, Auburn, A&M, LSU and MSU leave the SEC west. They will be lucky to win more than 1 of those 5 games a year. They pose no real threat to any, unless you throw 3 picks into the end zone, getting ready to score.

Jack Lambert
12-19-2013, 09:26 AM

This guy - 4*
Kailo - 4*
Brassell - 4*?
Hooks - 4*?
Liggins? - 4*?

They will find a way to get Brassell and Liggins on the signning class for a third time to get the rankings up.

AlSwearengen
12-19-2013, 09:31 AM
They will find a way to get Brassell and Liggins on the signning class for a third time to get the rankings up.

The spirit was actually celebrating Liggins being eligible yesterday.

Johnson85
12-19-2013, 10:24 AM

This guy - 4*
Kailo - 4*
Brassell - 4*?
Hooks - 4*?
Liggins? - 4*?

Brassell is obviously not a contributor and and Hooks (if he's a JUCO) is probably not going to turn into a world beater with one more year, but even in a top rated class, I wouldn't expect most of the people to be major contributors as true freshmen. Right now they had three players that not just played but were solid to good as true freshmen (with Tunsil to me being their biggest recruit by far, as it's much harder to find a great LT than a great DT in the south). If those three continue to improve and stay out of trouble, they just need to have solid contributors throughout the class.

I will agree with you that I don't understand why people get that excited over players like Kailo (sp?). Yes, sometimes you get a guy like dexter mcluster or a percy harvins who is good even though they are small, but most of the time, an undersized track star just isn't going to be that big of a deal in the SEC. It's always nice to have speed, but most of the time those players turn out to be more like Ray Ray Bivens or Brandon Heavens when they turn out well, not percy harvins.

FlabLoser
12-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Maybe the light comes on for Brandon Holloway next year. This year we got him TD open deep some times and didn't connect with him.

hailmari
12-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Maybe the light comes on for Brandon Holloway next year. This year we got him TD open deep some times and didn't connect with him.

Yeah I remember two times in particular. Either the ball went through his hands or it was just outside his reach. If he made those catches, he's in for 6 each time.

I don't think he'll get the RB snaps that he got last spring, we gotta get that home run threat running his WR routes with perfection.