PDA

View Full Version : The irony of Nafoom's obsession with C34

M.Fillmore
04-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Once HD6 banned derogatory speech about All Things Oxford on 6pack, regardless of the truth of the matter, my days on 6pack were very numbered. Finally I threw in the towel and left 6pack to the pancake rabbit.

One night I couldn't sleep and I was trying to bore myself into slumber and so I ventured over to Nafoom and read about this board.

Bottom line: without Nafoom's obsession with C34, I would have never known about this board.

Coach34
04-23-2013, 10:13 PM
good story....There will be more just like you joining here as time passes.

I love the hate from Nafoom- and there is alot more on the private Rebel boards as well. Think they are mad now? Just wait till this recruiting season. They would come in droves to defend themselves on Sixpack- that wont be the case around here.

State82
04-23-2013, 10:31 PM
good story....There will be more just like you joining here as time passes.

I love the hate from Nafoom- and there is alot more on the private Rebel boards as well. Think they are mad now? Just wait till this recruiting season. They would come in droves to defend themselves on Sixpack- that wont be the case around here.

This is my favorite part about this board.

Hump4Hoops
04-23-2013, 10:37 PM
I just hope people don't see the this as a place to run to if you feel like acting like a moronic dickhole and sixpack already cut you off for it.

angusyoung
04-23-2013, 10:39 PM
im pretty sure this place will be the opposite of what you are proposing. it seems to me that the moronic dickholes will not be tolerated on either side.

Hump4Hoops
04-23-2013, 11:11 PM
im pretty sure this place will be the opposite of what you are proposing. it seems to me that the moronic dickholes will not be tolerated on either side.

I hope that you're right. But I've already read a few "IM SO GLAD I CAN COME HERE WITHOUT THEM OLE PISS BLACK BARE REBELS COMING OUT OF THE TREES IN OXFART HUR HUR HUR" level posts.

biscuit
04-24-2013, 07:51 AM
I like this board because, Hopefully, the "who can be the biggest smartass on the board" stuff stays at SPS. So far all the discussions here have been, well, adult. And I don't have to hear about how great Ole Miss is....I get that at work daily.

FISHDAWG
04-24-2013, 08:34 AM
it's not just Coach ... Flab and Cadaver have wanted posters on them as well over there ... all of the 8 members there have a consensus about those three

FlabLoser
04-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Yeah. They're still talking about this..

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/44385/Yall-are-in-need-of-some-splainin

Copy & paste my post to NAFOOM....

I see y'all are rather sensitive right now, so I'll spare any snide remarks or accusations. I'll keep this boiled down to facts which many of you seem to be lacking.

UNCLE TOM

What the hell did Coach34 mean by his Uncle Tom comment? Well, first you have to understand what an Uncle Tom is. From Wikipedia:
Uncle Tom is the title character of Harriet Beecher Stowe's 1852 novel, Uncle Tom's Cabin.
The phrase "Uncle Tom" has also become an epithet for a person who is slavish and excessively subservient to perceived authority figures, particularly a black person who behaves in a subservient manner to white people; or any person perceived to be a participant in the oppression of their own group.[1][2] The negative epithet is the result of later works derived from the original novel.

After the days of slavery, many former slaves remained "slaves" because they saw no better options. They chose pretty much the same line of work they did as slaves, only that were compensated for it. They chose to be in a racially-charged working environment that they didn't want to be in, but did so anyway because they perceived they lacked options for something better.

Following the Obama's election night (see, I come in peace - I didn't say "riot"), a handful of current and former Ole Miss Rebel football players tweeted that they never wanted to be at Ole Miss but did so because they a) thought it would help them get to the league, b) had to take care of their family (they were 'crooted), etc. They chose to be in a racially-charged working environment that they didn't want to be in, but did so anyway because they perceived they lacked options for something better

See the connection? And before you defend Ole Miss as not being a racially charged place, realize that arguing with the messenger will do no good. Ole Miss Rebel football players tweeted this information, not me.

OLE MISS REBELS

We are Mississippi State and This Is Our State. Scott Stricklin said so. All that is part of branding. There is only one school in Our State that chooses to be called a name with Mississippi in it. UM is Ole Miss. USM is Southern Miss. All the little universities are something else. Mississippi State has claimed Mississippi. Mississippi State has chosen to brand itself with Mississippi. Mississippi State includes the word "Mississippi" in many prominent logos.

So why then should we as fans continue to call you "Mississippi"? I admit it was fun to continue Jackie Sherrill's nagging tradition of referring to you guys as "Mississippi". That pissed you off and we liked it. But Mississippi is our's so we can't call you that anymore.

Furthermore, the media confuses our two schools far too often. We as Mississippi State fans shouldn't add to that confusion by throwing yet another name out there (Mississippi).

Second, Ole Miss has made negative, race-oriented headlines multiple times every single decade since sometime prior to the Civil Rights Era. We as Mississippi State fans do not want to be labeled or associated with any of that. This unfortunate topic is bad for you. It is bad for Our State. Mississippi State fans want no association with your school's headlines. And this is another reason to call you "Ole Miss".

People around the country don't know much about either of our schools. But they know what Ole Miss was known for in the 60's. Ole Miss is responsible for its own brand. (BTW, your "brand" is what comes to people's mind when your name is brought up..its not what you may think of yourselves). Mississippi State fans want no part of that brand, so we will continue to call you Ole Miss instead of "Mississippi".

'CROOTIN

Some of you allege that recent angst within our rivalry is due to Ole Miss whipping Mississippi State's ass in 'crootin. This is untrue.

The fact of the matter is, Mississippi State has a highly ranked recruiting class which it is happy with. Furthermore, Ole Miss "whips Mississippi State's ass" in 'crootin every year. We don't particularly like that, but we are used it and we are 75% happy with how our school has performed on the football field the last 4 years. Any disappointment (and there is very very little) in our 'crootin season thusfar is in comparison to the Alabamas and LSUs who we would like to compete with now and then.

I hope that clears some things up. Now, y'all have a great day.

elitedawgs
04-24-2013, 09:03 AM
I like this board because, Hopefully, the "who can be the biggest smartass on the board" stuff stays at SPS. So far all the discussions here have been, well, adult. And I don't have to hear about how great Ole Miss is....I get that at work daily.

We can guarantee you this board WILL NOT become a place for who can be the biggest smartass.