PDA

View Full Version : Josh Robinson

HAILSTATE1322
12-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Hey Bulldawg Fans

I am very close with #34, and i was wondering if i could get some postivie and negative feedback from our wonderful fan base. Josh has gone through a lot in his life, and has changed so much since being a student athlete at MSU. I hope everyone gives some feedback because i will be showing him all the replies to this thread.

mathistondawg
12-16-2013, 05:40 PM
When he threw the fin up at the eggbowl that was enough for me to put him as one of my favorite bulldogs ever. I think he is a hard runner that will help take state to that next level.

smootness
12-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Uh, he is a ginormous beast. Wish he had been more involved in the offense this year and can't wait to see the reigns come off next year.

Josh, you're a great football player and seem like a great guy as well. I've never seen an interview/video where you weren't laughing and having a good time. I don't know what you've been through, but if you're still able to smile and keep your head high through it, you're going to go places.

You seem to have an infectious personality, and I'm proud to call you a Bulldog. So glad you picked State, and here's to great years ahead! Keep on working, it's going to pay off in a big way for you personally and our football program as a whole.

CJDAWG85
12-16-2013, 05:44 PM
He's a freaking bowling ball! Love watching him run the ball and can't wait to watch him get more carries.

CadaverDawg
12-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Dude is a beast and I've been saying it for a while. He will challenge single season records next year with Dak. Josh is a star and I can't wait for him to be the feature back next year. Seems like a great teammate too. And he brings much needed swagger to our offense. He is already one of my favorites.

CadaverDawg
12-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Uh, he is a ginormous beast. Wish he had been more involved in the offense this year and can't wait to see the reigns come off next year.

Josh, you're a great football player and seem like a great guy as well. I've never seen an interview/video where you weren't laughing and having a good time. I don't know what you've been through, but if you're still able to smile and keep your head high through it, you're going to go places.

You seem to have an infectious personality, and I'm proud to call you a Bulldog. So glad you picked State, and here's to great years ahead! Keep on working, it's going to pay off in a big way for you personally and our football program as a whole.

F'ing This^^^

Well said, smoot

engie
12-16-2013, 05:47 PM
He's the best every-down RB on our team. The general consensus here is that he should have been getting far more touches over the past two years than he's actually gotten. I showed this statistically awhile back by doing comparisons of our RBs against the top 30 rush defenses we saw. The amount that Josh separated himself in those games was eye-opening. We're excited about the future with him and Dak on the field together alot more. Seems like the kind of vocal leader and "swag" guy that our team has been sorely needing. Very Anthony Dixonish personality-wise(that's a VERY good thing) -- who we've missed as the "heart" of our team since 09. I don't know if we've ever had as good of combination of those "type" of personalities in the backfield together like we've got with Dak and JRob -- who have a golden opportunity to totally endear themselves to a whole generation of Bulldog fans. These next 2 years are going to be special...

And I don't mean this as a slight to LaDarius Perkins either. He has been a great bulldog and done a ton of good for us. I just think he's been misused by our staff pretty badly ever since Ballard left after being used perfectly as a complement to Ballard early in his career. We had a lock 3rd down NFL scat back in him -- and we've since turned him into a tweener that I'm not really sure how/where he fits at the next level. I appreciate all he has done for us though...

CJDAWG85
12-16-2013, 05:48 PM
He and Dak will be great leaders not only on offense, but for the entire team. The future is bright for Bulldog Nation!

BulldogDX55
12-16-2013, 05:50 PM
I had the guy picked out as something special since the day I saw his high school highlight film when he committed. I am glad to see that I was right. Tackling that much weight that low to the ground moving as fast as he does is a chore for any defense.

I want to say that Coach34 dubbed our future Dak + JRob backfield Louisiana Lightning or something like that.

dawgoneyall
12-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Fins up to him.

Love Perkins but Robinson should have been used more this year especially in certain situations.

Dallas_Dawg
12-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I agree with everything that been said so far. It has been apparent all year that he should be our number 1 RB. It is obvious that when he is in the game, we are much more productive on offense.
He never goes down at first contact and always runs north and south.
I can't wait to see him and Dak running the read option next year. Josh is not well known outside of our fanbase and probably won't be on any preseason all-sec lists. Hopefully this motivates him to come out next year and show the rest of the SEC what we over at elitedawgs already know, that Josh Robinson is a BEAST

Drugdog
12-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Josh, you are a true Bulldog who gives relentless effort. I am proud that you are a DOG.

Coach34
12-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Many of us here at Elitedawgs.com have clamored for JRob to get many, many more carries. Simply put, he is one of Elitedawgs 3 favorite players on the team.

Josh, keep your head up and keep on keepin on. We appreciate you working hard and remaining patient behind Perkins. Your time to take over and be that leader for the RB's will be here shortly.

sleepy dawg
12-16-2013, 06:21 PM
There is pretty much no way to say anything negative about him at this point. If Josh gives it all he has, he will be playing on Sunday for sure. I've watched several other backs before him go pro with MSU, so I'm (many MSU fans) used to seeing what it takes to get to the next level. The only way he doesn't make the pros, is if he gives up effort, or gets in some major trouble.

Josh has great potential to eventually become many bulldog's fans life long favorite player if he continues to improve... Particularly those who are in college right now. They will never forget what he did (assuming the future is the past) to improve their college experience.

Political Hack
12-16-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure this entire board has become the unofficial JRob fan site.

Dude can ball. if he keeps getting better in pass protection and is able to motion out and run option routes, I don't see how the hell CDM could take him off the field.

cbrunt29
12-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Josh, you're an absolute beast. Probably one of my favorite players on the team. Can't wait to see you give defensive coordinators headaches next year! Keep it up man.

preachermatt83
12-16-2013, 06:37 PM
#beast

Dawgowar
12-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey Bulldawg Fans

I am very close with #34, and i was wondering if i could get some postivie and negative feedback from our wonderful fan base. Josh has gone through a lot in his life, and has changed so much since being a student athlete at MSU. I hope everyone gives some feedback because i will be showing him all the replies to this thread.

POSITIVE: You remind me of Michael Davis and Justin Griffith, my two favorite Dawg RB's of all time!

NEGATIVE: Bracky found out about this thread and has banned Santa Claus from the next two Christmas's

Thick
12-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Hey Bulldawg Fans

Check you PM.

FlabLoser
12-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Great combination of size, speed, and power. The last Freshman I was this excited about is Jerious Norwood. I think Josh is gonna be one of MSU fans' all time favorites.

camsu
12-16-2013, 06:56 PM
I really like the joy he brings to the game. You can tell he loves FB by the joy he expresses after one of his great runs. Keeping running Josh !!

bulldawg28
12-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Don't be gullible guys. Exposing football players to any fan site is not a good idea. Especially with guys whose moods change like the moon.

hacker
12-16-2013, 07:25 PM
I think Goat is the only guy on the board who doesn't think JRob is a beast. I just always posted this whenever Goat said anything about it.

http://i.imgur.com/APQOvM1.png?2

Coach34
12-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Don't be gullible guys. Exposing football players to any fan site is not a good idea. Especially with guys whose moods change like the moon.

I agree. Things may not always be rozy, but 34 is a fan favorite around here. 34 just needs to remember that fans get crazy sometimes, and its not all roses and cheers

Coach34
12-16-2013, 07:29 PM
I think Goat is the only guy on the board who doesn't think JRob is a beast. I just always posted this whenever Goat said anything about it.

http://i.imgur.com/APQOvM1.png?2

I like this guy

Schultzy
12-16-2013, 07:35 PM
If we lose this guy I'm gonna be pissed.

Coach34
12-16-2013, 07:38 PM
If we lose this guy I'm gonna be pissed.

what guy?

Schultzy
12-16-2013, 07:40 PM
J-Rob

Coach34
12-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Why would we lose him? Havent even heard this was a possibility. Hell, he is one game away from taking over.

paco
12-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Josh Robinson was VERY BIG on my recruiting wish list when he was signed. I am not at all surprised with the success Josh is experiencing. Many of my friends expect Josh to really show out next year. I LOVE JOSH ROBINSON! I am not aware of Josh's evolution but I trust he is developing as a young man. I hope his experience at MSU impacts his life in a similar way that MSU has impacted mine. I'm 56 years old living in the Midwest and I talk MSU every day of my life. No matter my position in life, my MSU experience was the most meaningful time for me. God bless Josh Robinson.

tcdog70
12-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Looking forward to Him being All SEC running Back. Never seen him lose ayard

Schultzy
12-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Why would we lose him? Havent even heard this was a possibility. Hell, he is one game away from taking over.

I guess I was reading too much into the purpose of the thread from the original post. I've been wanting for him to be the feature guy for two years now. Sorry.

Big Daddy Dawg
12-16-2013, 08:32 PM
I met a guy summer before last from franklinton that claimed his son was friends with josh. He told me that josh would be one of the best we've ever seen, to date I have seen nothing to discredit him!

gtowndawg
12-16-2013, 09:00 PM
what's not to like? He will be fun to watch next year.

Hey Bulldawg Fans

Lloyd Christmas
12-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Absolute. Badass.

<<<<<<<See my Avatar------- Seriously, I'm excited to see him get a majority of carries next year. Total baller.

Pollodawg
12-16-2013, 09:21 PM
JRob, bulldawg nation loves you, man. We're not fans, we're family. Remember that.I honestly could see you as being among the best RBs ever to suit up in Maroon and White, and here at The Mississippi State University, that's saying something, man. Got your theme song picked out too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOvktLgETbk

DownwardDawg
12-16-2013, 09:26 PM
J-Rob is gonna be unstoppable next year!!! Point Blank Period!!!!!

Pollodawg
12-16-2013, 09:28 PM
JRob, if you do get to read this, do me a favor. Stick a sharpie in your sock, and when you score the winning TD next year in Oxford, take it out, write Hail State #34 on it, and throw into the OM student section. YOU WILL BE A LEGEND.

FlabLoser
12-16-2013, 09:43 PM
JRob, if you do get to read this, do me a favor. Stick a sharpie in your sock, and when you score the winning TD next year in Oxford, take it out, write Hail State #34 on it, and throw into the OM student section. YOU WILL BE A LEGEND.

That would be epic.

preachermatt83
12-16-2013, 09:43 PM

The kid that ever did that (if it didn't cost us the game or the TD) would be the greatest MSU Legend of all time!

Pollodawg
12-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Even if he never reads this, there is nothing wrong with showing the kid some love.

War Machine Dawg
12-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Been wanting to point this out, and this thread provides the opportunity. I've been doing some research for a potential upcoming bowl preview. For the 2013 season, JRob has averaged 5.5 YPC. Perk has averaged 4.0. That's ridiculous. I was one of the original "give JRob more touches" club members. However you slice it, he's an absolute beast.

CadaverDawg
12-16-2013, 11:50 PM
HailState1322, check your PM

RougeDawg
12-17-2013, 12:39 AM
All season long, from our first offensive possession, until he comes in the game, I've been yelling "where the f*** is JRob"? So much that I had Arkansas fans in little rock asking me who JRob was. I told them they would know soon enough. Hell my iPhone now capitalizes the J and R when I type JRob now, since it's been typed so many times.

He is a breath if fresh air, and the next heir in line, of a lineage of great hard nosed bruising Bulldog running backs. Damn glad he's wearing maroon each week. The best times are yet to come.

HAILSTATE1322
12-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Josh really appreciated all the love he received on here. I made sure to explain to him that these comments will not get him to the league nor will they make him successful in the SEC. I told him to stay hungry and know that these fans will be cheering you on every week. He comes over every day, and we will are currently putting together his highlight tapes of all his runs and even more his blocking.. On the topic of him transferring, that is a hell no. Josh loves it here, and he knows his time is about to come. josh robinson

HAILSTATE1322
12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
team34

DawgInMemphis
12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
JRob, bulldawg nation loves you, man. We're not fans, we're family. Remember that.I honestly could see you as being among the best RBs ever to suit up in Maroon and White, and here at The Mississippi State University, that's saying something, man. Got your theme song picked out too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOvktLgETbk

Or this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxwUOIlqhGA

FISHDAWG
12-17-2013, 11:59 AM
I don't know who this new member - is but I'm quite sure J-Rob has already seen the love shown here for him in the past

ED_Walk_On
12-17-2013, 12:07 PM
i was wondering if i could get some postivie and negative feedback from our wonderful fan base.

Josh seems like a class act and a true talent. I look forward to seeing him progress and help lead this program for the next few years. I also feel sorry for him, because he is being held back right now by a coach playing a running back in front of Josh that shouldn't be getting many carries at all.

Josh has been one of my favorite players since we signed him. A little advice: Let 27 be an example. Don't lose your talent in the weight room.

hacker
12-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Josh really appreciated all the love he received on here. I made sure to explain to him that these comments will not get him to the league nor will they make him successful in the SEC. I told him to stay hungry and know that these fans will be cheering you on every week. He comes over every day, and we will are currently putting together his highlight tapes of all his runs and even more his blocking.. On the topic of him transferring, that is a hell no. Josh loves it here, and he knows his time is about to come. josh robinson

I think the guy who insinuated that was really confused. Nobody actually thinks he's transferring.

hacker
12-17-2013, 12:16 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=1a4e560d2b&view=fimg&th=14301678f526a4bf&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ_vrBjQbDLfDBU8EDa3C4bmDHkDWF8PMNCy7Wn mKIzPTQNLFb_WMmcHTvfi93IPRRjkUeOgxJ67S3BaZtbyslOBS HwVDvJY_-IhhruqsdNReZSOcdsmA6IaNF0&ats=1387298099039&rm=14301678f526a4bf&zw&sz=w1290-h526

You just linked to something inside of your gmail inbox. We can't see it.

HAILSTATE1322
12-17-2013, 12:19 PM
I am trying to send a video of josh completed highlight tape, but have no idea how to do it.

Dawgdom
12-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Nice pad level******

Barking 13
12-17-2013, 01:12 PM
One of my all time favorites... Point Blank, Period! Some of us were going to get shirts made up that had Mayhem on the front and Point Blank, Period! on the back... I love his interviews and hope to meet him in person some day to shake his hand..

Lots of love for JRob on ED fo sho!

CadaverDawg
12-17-2013, 01:35 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3631437/USATSI_7572666.jpg

Maroon Blood
12-17-2013, 02:34 PM
I think my constant screaming at games and at my TV, "Give it the Bowling Ball!!!", sums up my opinion of Josh as a football player. But more importantly, I hope everything is going well for him as a person, after reading the initial post, "Josh has gone through a lot in his life." I have never heard any negative comments about Josh. Not one. Bottom line: Bulldog Nation loves #34 Josh Robinson.

FlabLoser
12-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Y'all can give J-Rob a follow @Bowling34ball