PDA

View Full Version : DWS seating question

FlabLoser
12-16-2013, 04:27 PM
The new endzone is going to be all students & premium seating.

Does that mean half the east side is going to be freed up for season tickets?

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
12-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Bump. I'd like to know too. Hoping to get a little better seats next year. I was wondering if the students would still have the sections on the end (16-18, 333-334) or those will be opened up for season ticket holders. And if so, do folks get bumped around or do people on the season ticket waiting list we supposedly have get these?

TheRef
12-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Students will keep the far North section, which is very very small. I'm not sure about the upper deck. I'd talk to whoever is in charge of tickets to check that out.

engie
12-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Yes -- all of the currently "premium" student seating toward the 50 on the east side will be freed up. I imagine there will be no student section in the upper deck either. I would be good with them giving the students sections G and N as well...

CPADawg
12-16-2013, 06:35 PM
I can confirm what engie said after speaking with the ticket office earlier this afternoon. As of right now the majority of the students seats will be freed up for reallocation with the new seat assignment project happening this spring due to the stadium expansion. The students will keep a small section in the lowerdeck most likely as there are not enough general seats to eat up their 11,000 ticket allotment in the new endzone. That last point is up for discussion still and the person I spoke with couldn't offer any more than that.

Parking passes might be move around some as the construction that changed them for this year will be complete. However, they indicated that this would not be a big issue as the number of spaces involved was immaterial to the total spots allocated out via passes.

RougeDawg
12-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Separate question, but regarding seating. Are the alumni and family members who watch the game from the M Club, counted as ticketed seats toward capacity?

Was on twitter and saw SDS tweets about current SEC expansion projects and capacities after completion. Of course there were comments from only one fan base. And they were commenting that the list didn't include the
VH planned expansion after the tad pad is completed. Jesus, those ****ing clowns cannot stand for us to have anything bigger and/or better than them. They were sayihg they hoped that the football expansion construction would start up soon. They can't even sell out their current capacity on a regular basis, but are anxious for expansion. Epitome of their fan base, make decisions for egotistical reasons instead of out of necessity.

TopDog58
12-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Separate question, but regarding seating. Are the alumni and family members who watch the game from the M Club, counted as ticketed seats toward capacity?

Was on twitter and saw SDS tweets about current SEC expansion projects and capacities after completion. Of course there were comments from only one fan base. And they were commenting that the list didn't include the
VH planned expansion after the tad pad is completed. Jesus, those ****ing clowns cannot stand for us to have anything bigger and/or better than them. They were sayihg they hoped that the football expansion construction would start up soon. They can't even sell out their current capacity on a regular basis, but are anxious for expansion. Epitome of their fan base, make decisions for egotistical reasons instead of out of necessity.

Yes, they are required to buy seats in the stadium in order to enter the M-Club. My parents used their friend's tickets when he wasn't able to attend.

RougeDawg
12-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Yes, they are required to buy seats in the stadium in order to enter the M-Club. My parents used their friend's tickets when he wasn't able to attend.

Was wondering. I wonder if some get in without tickets. I've watched a couple games from in there in the late 90's and was never given a ticket or asked for a ticket. We just walked up the steps and in with a former player.

TopDog58
12-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Was wondering. I wonder if some get in without tickets. I've watched a couple games from in there in the late 90's and was never given a ticket or asked for a ticket. We just walked up the steps and in with a former player.

From what I understand, it's a fairly recent change. Like in the last 4 or 5 years. Not sure if it changed before or after Mullen's hiring.

FlabLoser
12-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Tickets are needed to make sure the attendance is accurate.**

TheDogFather
12-18-2013, 10:30 AM
section is going to be re-evaluated. I have a friend whose mother was a faculty member back in the stone ages and he is still getting 40 yard line tickets under her name. If I get re-seated to worse seats after being a faithful member for years and he still gets his without donating a dime its going to suck.