PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard watchers, I have an update...

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 09:38 PM
RPI #137 Long Beach State is leading UCLA 8-0 in the 3rd. That has to be good for us.

Political Hack
04-23-2013, 09:49 PM
take 1 this weekend, we're fine. Take 2, we'll be in a great position to host. Take 3, we're pushing for a national seed. Everything we need is sitting right in front of us.

State82
04-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Tough night for many in the polls. North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisville, Georgia Tech. Hopefully UCLA takes a tumble also. When the Dogs are on top of their game, this time of year is a LOT of fun. Too much fun actually. I have tons of work to be done, but I can't stay off D1baseball.com and everybody's live stats! Throw in Boyd's and Warren Nolan and I don't have a chance for decent productivity.

M.Fillmore
04-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Long Beach 11
UCLA 0

5th inning

engie
04-23-2013, 10:46 PM
I think if we win 2 in Nashville, we are a "bubble - in" national seed next week...

Not saying we will -- but IF we manage to win that series -- the last 2 weekends in Starkville are going to be insane. The bandwagon will start to fill up...

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 10:48 PM
I think if we win 2 in Nashville, we are a "bubble - in" national seed next week...

Not saying we will -- but IF we manage to win that series -- the last 2 weekends in Starkville are going to be insane. The bandwagon will start to fill up...

I agree. I badly want us to win 2 this weekend, but I feel like 1 would be pretty big for us too. We can't come away 0-3

msstate7
04-23-2013, 10:49 PM

If we win the rest of our series, I think we're a lock for a national seed. That's easier said than done though. I do predict a series win this weekend.

engie
04-23-2013, 11:10 PM
We don't even have to win the rest of them if we sweep any of them(and don't get swept on any of them)... I think we sweep Bama and win 2 of 3 in Oxford. That just means we need to go 3-3 against Vandy and USCe to lock up a national seed IMO. Carolina has only been tested on the road for one good series this year -- and they got swept at Florida...

Homedawg
04-23-2013, 11:13 PM
We don't even have to win the rest of them if we sweep any of them(and don't get swept on any of them)... I think we sweep Bama and win 2 of 3 in Oxford. That just means we need to go 3-3 against Vandy and USCe to lock up a national seed IMO. Carolina has only been tested on the road for one good series this year -- and they got swept at Florida...
After seeing the polls this week I don't know that it matters. I mean ark went 2-3 from the week and dropped 2-3 spots in most polls. We went 2-1 and we dropped in 2 polls. Just seems like when we lose games, whether against a lsu or a lesser like auburn, we take the maximum drop. Sorta sick of it.

Hump4Hoops
04-23-2013, 11:14 PM
SEC scheduling is so ridiculous. The fact that we're currently in a 3 way tie for 5th place in our conference and are even whispering about national seeding just sounds silly.

engie
04-23-2013, 11:55 PM
After seeing the polls this week I don't know that it matters. I mean ark went 2-3 from the week and dropped 2-3 spots in most polls. We went 2-1 and we dropped in 2 polls. Just seems like when we lose games, whether against a lsu or a lesser like auburn, we take the maximum drop. Sorta sick of it.

Polls mean nothing for hosting discussion though. They don't even look at them...

Really don't even see the purpose in them at this point...

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Long Beach beat UCLA 11-1. Engie, how much will that hurt them/help us, if any?

FYI...Kentucky and WKU now in the 18th inning.

engie
04-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Probably goes a long way toward knocking them off the national seed bubble after being considered likely last week. Haven't seen the RPI drop yet, but it will be significant...

CadaverDawg
04-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Good for us.

By the way, Western Kentucky just hit a walk off bomb to beat UK in 18 innings.

engie
04-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Yep...from 13 to 19.

We need UK to get their stuff figured out immediately. This funk of theirs is killing us...