PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Notes from Bowl Game Depth Chart...

engie
12-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Beniquez Brown listed as starter at LB with no sign of Deontae Skinner(Turtle Holmes listed as backup). Is his career over for us? Has something happened that I don't know about?

Deontae Evans listed as starter at FS -- with Quadry Antoine as back up. I imagine we will see Justin Cox here too.

Dak listed as starter.

Artimas Samuel listed as second string TE. Has he surpassed Brandon Hill -- or is Hill hurt?

DT depth chart is a total cluster -- but that's to be expected at this point.

FISHDAWG
12-16-2013, 04:23 PM
I thought Skinner got hurt (maybe Arky or OM ) late ..... I'm liking what I have seen from Benny Brown - congrats to him for this start. Not sure about free safty , is Nikoe hurt or was he the strong safty ?

sandwolf
12-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Nikoe has been playing hurt all year......he had surgury the Monday after the egg bowl to repair his knee, so his college career is over.

smootness
12-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Just asking for clarification...is this the official depth chart that will be used in the bowl game, or is this someone observing practice and charting who's running with 1s, 2s, etc.

I ask because I know a lot of times the seniors, and a lot of the other starters, are held out a lot of bowl practice to rest up and take it easy.

HancockCountyDog
12-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Beniquez Brown listed as starter at LB with no sign of Deontae Skinner(Turtle Holmes listed as backup). Is his career over for us? Has something happened that I don't know about?

Deontae Evans listed as starter at FS -- with Quadry Antoine as back up. I imagine we will see Justin Cox here too.

Dak listed as starter.

Artimas Samuel listed as second string TE. Has he surpassed Brandon Hill -- or is Hill hurt?

DT depth chart is a total cluster -- but that's to be expected at this point.

I was looking at the depth chart and we really need to hit on our OL class this year, especially the JUCO ranks. Either that or Flowers and the rest of the OL will have to develop. Next year we will 4 Seniors (Day, Clausell, Robinson and Muniz) that will be graduating, while we lose Beckwith, Jackson, and Siddoway this year.

I feel great about every other position on our team moving forward.

smootness
12-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Almost positive Beckwith is coming back next year, though that does throw another guy into next year's group.