PDA

View Full Version : Yancy's rankings

Homedawg
12-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Wow just wow is all I can say. I know he is a homer and a total duche but good grief. Dayall Harris at 13 should tell it all. Go have a look. Top 5 in state to the Rebs. 7 of top 10. Only 2 we have in his top 10 are green#6 and Graham at #9. He has no ole miss commit below 19. We have #26,#31 Rawlings, #36 lee, #42 rayford. I guess they must need #31 since they were at mra's basketball game seeing him sitting with his parents.

messageboardsuperhero
12-16-2013, 02:41 PM
He does shit like that every year- it doesn't bother me one bit.

Goat Holder
12-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Meanwhile on our site, we have people holding others accountable for phantom shit and we have Rosebowl Robertson providing scoop the 'right' way.

12-16-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/stifler-thumbs-up/who-gives-a-shit.jpg

smootness
12-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Yeah, Aeris Williams 12 and CJ Moore 14. Hahahahaha.

It should make you laugh and nothing more. Definitely not something to get worked up over.

Jacksondevildog
12-16-2013, 02:53 PM
He's an ass. Those rankings don't mean shit.

CadaverDawg
12-16-2013, 02:56 PM
He's got to do it in order to help mask their drop in the national Recruiting Rankings this year. The masses will be gathering pitchforks if they drop to 15-20 nationally in recruiting AND lose the in-state battle for recruits as well. It's all a part of the propaganda machine. The paper tiger that gets it's ass handed to it every year in November.

Political Hack
12-16-2013, 02:59 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/stifler-thumbs-up/who-gives-a-shit.jpg

lmao. On. Point.

engie
12-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Aeris is the one that makes his ranking a total laugher. ZERO chance he's not in the top 5. Bryant, Durr, Rawlings all way too damn low as well.

Turner Center All Star
12-16-2013, 03:26 PM
that the list isn't biased, but Dayall Harris is probably not the best example to use. He's ranked #13 in the state by Rivals, #10 by 247, and #8 by ESPN. His 247 composite ranking is #10 in the state. So if anything, Yancy has him under-ranked compared to all the other websites.

smootness
12-16-2013, 03:27 PM
As others have said, he always does this, but I don't remember him doing so this blatantly. Definitely reeks of desperation. I mean, I think Epps is a good prospect, but ahead of Green and Aeris Williams? El. oh. el.

AJ Moore ahead of Voorhies, Graham, Jackson and Williams; Walker at 10. The whole thing is absurd and laughable on its face.

But it's done for 2 reasons - to make it appear, as Cadaver pointed out, that they're dominating in-state to take the focus off their disappointing finish; and to get us riled up.

Again, who cares. It's what he does. Just don't let it affect you and understand that come next year and 2-3 years down the road, Gerri Green and Aeris Williams will be complete studs while CJ Hampton will be in Tuscaloosa and several of those guys for them will have hardly contributed anything.

It's also hilarious because if there weren't rumors of him flipping to Bama, CJ Hampton would be #1 no doubt; they would be fawning over him. But nah, he's not quite as good as Breeland Speaks now.

He would drop him lower if they didn't still think they had a shot to keep him.

smootness
12-16-2013, 03:28 PM
that the list isn't biased, but Dayall Harris is probably not the best example to use. He's ranked #13 in the state by Rivals, #10 by 247, and #8 by ESPN. His 247 composite ranking is #10 in the state. So if anything, Yancy has him under-ranked compared to all the other websites.

Agreed, but that is not a good advertisement for these sites. Having him in the top 10 this year is absurd.

starkvegasdawg
12-16-2013, 03:29 PM
When I first saw the title thread I expected to see a list like this:

1. Xanax
2. Vodka with a Hydrocodone chaser
3. Three Martini lunch
4. Red wine with two Lunesta
5. Latest issue of Playgirl with a mint julip

tcdog70
12-16-2013, 04:07 PM
All the better as we continue to whip their ass, where it matters on the scoreboard

Coach34
12-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Aeris Williams and Gerri Green are top 5 in the State- anybody with a brain knows this

The BearSharks are going to win the state of Mississippi for 2014 class though overall. Congrats to them. We won the 2012 and 2013 classes in Miss, and I look for us to win the 2015 class.

justwin
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
this is the problem with paysites...how can you evaluate talent if you don't go to the games? I guarantee you that he doesn't leave panola county on a Friday night, much less a bar.

Wow just wow is all I can say. I know he is a homer and a total duche but good grief. Dayall Harris at 13 should tell it all. Go have a look. Top 5 in state to the Rebs. 7 of top 10. Only 2 we have in his top 10 are green#6 and Graham at #9. He has no ole miss commit below 19. We have #26,#31 Rawlings, #36 lee, #42 rayford. I guess they must need #31 since they were at mra's basketball game seeing him sitting with his parents.

smootness
12-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Aeris Williams and Gerri Green are top 5 in the State- anybody with a brain knows this

The BearSharks are going to win the state of Mississippi for 2014 class though overall. Congrats to them. We won the 2012 and 2013 classes in Miss, and I look for us to win the 2015 class.

I'm not so sure, and I don't think I'm being a homer in saying that. I expect Hampton to flip, so I don't think they'll land him. That leaves their top 5 as:

Breeland Speaks
Rod Taylor
Markell Pack
Sammie Epps
AJ Moore?

Meanwhile, ours is:

Gerri Green
Aeris Williams
Jamoral Graham
Jesse Jackson
Brandon Bryant

Personally, I will take ours. They have Taylor and Speaks for the lines, which is good, but I think you can make a pretty good case that Green and Williams are the best 2 players in the state, and I like Brandon Bryant a lot more than I do AJ Moore.

After that, it's tough to distinguish for either class. They have:

CJ Moore, Ronald Walker, Dayall Harris, DK Buford, Alfred Dickens, and Tyler Putnam.

We have:
Lashard Durr, Chris Rayford, Sean Rawlings, and Dontavian Lee

I don't see anybody on either list that sticks out at this point; they're all in the 'we'll get them on campus and see how they develop' class. They have a couple more guys, but I don't see either class being clearly better than the other. We may be adding Grant Harris, but he'd fall in that second group, too.

Obviously, though, if they keep Hampton, then they get the 'title'.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Yancy doesn't go to games and doesn't evaluate talent. Therefore, his list is meaningless. It would be like my mom scribbling names on a napkin

messageboardsuperhero
12-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Aeris is the one that makes his ranking a total laugher. ZERO chance he's not in the top 5. Bryant, Durr, Rawlings all way too damn low as well.

The funny thing is that if for some reason Bryant or Rawlings flipped to them (don't think that will happen, but hypothetically speaking), you KNOW Yancy would move them into his top 10-15. That's just how he rolls.

sandwolf
12-16-2013, 04:46 PM
The funny thing is that if for some reason Bryant or Rawlings flipped to them (don't think that will happen, but hypothetically speaking), you KNOW Yancy would move them into his top 10-15. That's just how he rolls.

Haha yep.....the guy has absolutely no shame.

Political Hack
12-16-2013, 06:16 PM
I can 100% guarantee you that Freeze's contract has recruiting incentives.

I can 100% guarantee you that Yancy knows this.

I can 100% guarantee that Yancy and Freexe have had meeting(s) to discuss recruiting.

I'll let y'all finish the math.

Todd4State
12-16-2013, 06:30 PM
I can 100% guarantee you that Freeze's contract has recruiting incentives.

I can 100% guarantee you that Yancy knows this.

I can 100% guarantee that Yancy and Freexe have had meeting(s) to discuss recruiting.

I'll let y'all finish the math.

Yancy helping Freeze = Access.

Saltydog
12-16-2013, 08:32 PM
nt