PDA

View Full Version : Get Ready...

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-14-2013, 10:01 PM
The OM spin machine is going to try to tell you that some of our top prospects are going to flip to them...DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ/HEAR between now and NSD...They're going to pull out all the stops to make sure our recruiting falls apart and they will use any negativity from our fanbase to do it.....Stay positive and don't believe the spin

Political Hack
12-14-2013, 10:04 PM
they do it every year and some dumbasses on our side fall for it again and again. hell, we had dumbshits on our side telling people that Chris jones was gonna flip last year. Idiots.

His coach got cut out of the process and one of the message board heros on another board took that one incident as a sign he was flipping. And then a bunch of idiots went all idiot.

Please people... pay attention to doggy style.

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-14-2013, 10:19 PM
I can almost guarantee it will involve a certain WR out of south MS...so remember fanbase....do..not..believe..the..spin..machine..

gravedigger
12-14-2013, 10:27 PM
The real problem is not ole miss. It's giving a shit.

OurState
12-14-2013, 10:59 PM
they do it every year and some dumbasses on our side fall for it again and again. hell, we had dumbshits on our side telling people that Chris jones was gonna flip last year. Idiots.

His coach got cut out of the process and one of the message board heros on another board took that one incident as a sign he was flipping. And then a bunch of idiots went all idiot.

Please people... pay attention to doggy style.

Don't you think where there was smoke there was fire? Seems like Chris had to at least be entertaining their offer. Luckily second is last in recruiting.

Political Hack
12-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Don't you think where there was smoke there was fire? Seems like Chris had to at least be entertaining their offer. Luckily second is last in recruiting.

no. he was entertaining something else. he had no intentions of playing football in Oxford. period.

his coach explained how him going to Oxford was causing problems. that's when CJ stopped talking to his coach every day. People took that as a sign he was slipping away. Momma had no interest in letting daddy take over there. it was and had been decided a long time before that he was going to state and he nor his mom had any interest in changing that.

OldFatDog
12-14-2013, 11:05 PM
The OM spin machine is going to try to tell you that some of our top prospects are going to flip to them...DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ/HEAR between now and NSD...They're going to pull out all the stops to make sure our recruiting falls apart and they will use any negativity from our fanbase to do it.....Stay positive and don't believe the spin

This needs to be posted twice daily for the next seven weeks. Please, please State fans. Do not post negative posts about any recruit. Period.

OldFatDog
12-14-2013, 11:10 PM

And OurState proves, righ out of the gate, that too many of our fans don't get it. It doesn't matter if there is something to it. It wasnt bu it doesnt matter. Shut up. Don't post negative shit about recruits. Period.

OurState
12-14-2013, 11:13 PM
And OurState proves, righ out of the gate, that too many of our fans don't get it. It doesn't matter if there is something to it. It wasnt bu it doesnt matter. Shut up. Don't post negative shit about recruits. Period.

Because recruits make major life decisions based on random uneducated message board posts...

RougeDawg
12-14-2013, 11:14 PM
**** their spin machine and **** them! They can't beat us on the field and recruits can see through their BS smoke and mirrors by now.

Biguglyjoe
12-14-2013, 11:14 PM
I can almost guarantee it will involve a certain WR out of south MS...so remember fanbase....do..not..believe..the..spin..machine..

That's the last recruit I'd be worried about flipping.

mic
12-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Remember there's not any players that are committed to us that they wont.. (allegedly)

engie
12-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Because recruits make major life decisions based on random uneducated message board posts...

Hate to tell you -- you are probably on the wrong message board if that's your approach.

Is it more practical to make your decision based on people lying to your face -- or telling the truth "behind your back"?

It's obvious many here can't view the world through anyone else's lenses and/or never went through recruiting. It can be a damn confusing process weighing options -- and it's hard to differentiate between schools based on visits where everything is practically the same among the different schools. You don't think kids will check out message boards to see what people are saying about them behind their backs from prospective schools? It's literally a gold mine of information.

We've seen recruits parents post here(there's at least 2 -- one that's publicly known and one that isn't) -- former players post here -- hell, we've had former recruits parents show up to defend them when they committed elsewhere(MzTerry of Jason Croom fame). Do you know how easy it is to setup google notifications with push on your iphone -- to get updated immediately with a link any time your name is mentioned online? And you don't think these kids can and do accomplish this?

OldFatDog
12-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Hate to tell you -- you are probably on the wrong message board if that's your approach.

Is it more practical to make your decision based on people lying to your face -- or telling the truth "behind your back"?

It's obvious many here can't view the world through anyone else's lenses and/or never went through recruiting. It can be a damn confusing process weighing options -- and it's hard to differentiate between schools based on visits where everything is practically the same among the different schools. You don't think kids will check out message boards to see what people are saying about them behind their backs from prospective schools? It's literally a gold mine of information.

We've seen recruits parents post here(there's at least 2 -- one that's publicly known and one that isn't) -- former players post here -- hell, we've had former recruits parents show up to defend them when they committed elsewhere(MzTerry of Jason Croom fame). Do you know how easy it is to setup google notifications with push on your iphone -- to get updated immediately with a link any time your name is mentioned online? And you don't think these kids can and do accomplish this?

^^THIS^^

OldFatDog
12-14-2013, 11:48 PM

Why is it so difficult to simply not talk bad about recruits?

DownwardDawg
12-14-2013, 11:50 PM

Great post engie.

CooterDavenport
12-15-2013, 12:07 AM
I, as a fan of Mississippi State University, would like to go on record saying that I am a fan of all our recruits--past, present, and future. They are excellent young men of high character and athletic ability. In fact, I feel the same about the recruits committed to the University of Mississippi that may consider going elsewhere. In fact, I feel exactly the same about all 15-20 year old football players anywhere whatsoever. May they enjoy their real, potential, or imagined visits to Mississippi State--where nary a lanyard will be yanked from their 5-star necks. Unless they're into that.

dawgoneyall
12-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Some have.

CadaverDawg
12-15-2013, 01:37 AM
This thread should be stickied at the top.

Guys, don't start threads saying, "there's a rumor that OM is flipping ______."...or anything like that. That is what they want. They want to bring out those fans of ours with the inferiority complex that feel like OM can come in and take whoever they want. They can't, and they won't. They don't have a Nkemdicje or a Treadwell this year to help reel in big recruits.

The bottom line is...this year I feel like we have a good quality class. There is no Chris Jones...but there are several stout really good players. So they can't target one guy...and even if they did, we have a great chance at flipping several of theirs too, and we have the momentum and are in more of a flipping position this year.

There will be a thousand rumors, and BS spewed all over the place, but don't fall for it. Just keep posting, tweeting, facebooking, nothing but positive things about our recruiting class. And you will not be wrong if you do that, bc we have a TON to be positive about. All the momentum in state, a really good and deep current roster, a really good class coming in this year (albeit small in number), a stud class coming in 2015, etc.

Just laugh it off if a rumor is started, bc the only thing it will show is that they are worried up north. And they are...and they should be.

MetEdDawg
12-15-2013, 08:06 AM
It's all attitude people. Our attitude should be 4th straight bowl game, 4-1 against OM after ANOTHER Egg Bowl victory, fantastic start to the 2015 class. Kids want to come to MSU people. New facilities, great stadium addition, things setting up very well next year.

Let them spin that shit however they want. We should be making the argument that they suck at recruiting because they don't develop talent. How can a school that "dominates" us in recruiting continue to lose to us? The confidence should be on our end because we continue to beat them.

We need to shove that in their face because it's the truth and you can't deny that we have put more guys in the NFL under Mullen, we continue to beat OM under Mullen, and you can physically see our commitment to football under Mullen with facilities. Until OM does something on the field to make me be concerned about them, I really don't care about what they do.

RougeDawg
12-15-2013, 08:24 AM
In all honesty take a step back and look. Why in God's name would a recruit flip from is to them? What success stories have you really seen from anyone who's accomplished that? Who wants to go okay for a got headed coach who will throw you under the bus at the first sign of adversity?

Mullen has been the same guy since day one. Some bad, but mostly good. Seems to be he's slowly changing the bad habits. On the other hand you have a snake oil salesman, who tells you whatever it takes, but acts differently than what he preaches. In years 1&2 the new shine prevented some kids from seeing this and OM was successful in buying players away. The shine is off and their true colors are shining through. There's a reason Bro Wallace left Ark State, and he now gnaws white birches around Oxford.

Point of post, people are starting to see one coach as a fraud that allows his boosters attempt to buy wins, and another as a "you get what you see" guy who is building a program, slowly but surely. Most people aren't stupid, and will see the stark difference between the two programs, and others will make poor decisions and head to Oxford. We all know how well that's worked out recently for bear signees.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the recruiting process. We've been shown that our coaches know what they are doing and what holes need to be filled. And If you feel compelled to write about a recruit who chooses elsewhere, wish them the nest and/or say how good it would have been for them to wear maroon. Nothing negative.

BulldogBear
12-15-2013, 09:58 AM

Absolutely spot on. Not all recruits are even totally sold. When making a decision we all sometimes aren't sure which way to go or what to do. Unless God makes your choice pretty obvious a lot people look for any reason to break the tie. Don't break the camels back with our negative spewing straw.

Would it be too nazified to kill any negative threads about recruits till after signing day and/or temporarily ban repeat posters of posts bashing kids who may nor even be confused? Please understand I know some people on here will do that but I am mostly thinking of shutting down trolls.

Where'sWaldo
12-15-2013, 09:16 PM

So are you saying we should put spaces or purposefully misspell their names?? Great idea.**

nemsdawg
12-15-2013, 09:28 PM
I have heard what they are capable of "throwing" at a 17-18 year old. That same stuff would have definitely caught my attention when I was that age (probably would even get my attention today). I believe their being able to get away with such obvious rules violations over the years has us all a little worried any time they can get a recruit to Oxford. I don't think it's "inferiority" as they would like to think.
Having said that. People need to accept the fact that their opinion's and thoughts on the matter really only make things worse. I think people have a hard time realizing they are not as important to everyone else as they think they are.

engie
12-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Would it be too nazified to kill any negative threads about recruits till after signing day and/or temporarily ban repeat posters of posts bashing kids who may nor even be confused? Please understand I know some people on here will do that but I am mostly thinking of shutting down trolls.

I'm not in charge of this -- but I know the people that are -- and can virtually guarantee you that will happen here in the vast majority of circumstances where things get questionable.

When you see it, use the system in place here to report it. They will get it taken care of quickly...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20131216-tl2h-43kb.jpg

CadaverDawg
12-15-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm not in charge of this -- but I know the people that are -- and can virtually guarantee you that will happen here in the vast majority of circumstances where things get questionable.

When you see it, use the system in place here to report it. They will get it taken care of quickly...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20131216-tl2h-43kb.jpg

Good idea. What happens when you click that? Does everybody see it was flagged? Just the person who posted it? Or only the mods? Just curious.

EngineerDawg
12-16-2013, 09:10 AM
The real problem is not ole miss. It's giving a shit.

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y. F them.

engie
12-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Good idea. What happens when you click that? Does everybody see it was flagged? Just the person who posted it? Or only the mods? Just curious.

Just the mods and admins

Barking 13
12-16-2013, 10:36 AM
In all honesty take a step back and look. Why in God's name would a recruit flip from is to them? What success stories have you really seen from anyone who's accomplished that? Who wants to go okay for a got headed coach who will throw you under the bus at the first sign of adversity?

Mullen has been the same guy since day one. Some bad, but mostly good. Seems to be he's slowly changing the bad habits. On the other hand you have a snake oil salesman, who tells you whatever it takes, but acts differently than what he preaches. In years 1&2 the new shine prevented some kids from seeing this and OM was successful in buying players away. The shine is off and their true colors are shining through. There's a reason Bro Wallace left Ark State, and he now gnaws white birches around Oxford.

Point of post, people are starting to see one coach as a fraud that allows his boosters attempt to buy wins, and another as a "you get what you see" guy who is building a program, slowly but surely. Most people aren't stupid, and will see the stark difference between the two programs, and others will make poor decisions and head to Oxford. We all know how well that's worked out recently for bear signees.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the recruiting process. We've been shown that our coaches know what they are doing and what holes need to be filled. And If you feel compelled to write about a recruit who chooses elsewhere, wish them the nest and/or say how good it would have been for them to wear maroon. Nothing negative.

I never really got all into the "crootin" thing, so I'm still a novice at understanding the process. I have just enjoyed the knowledge that if a recruit signs with us, he wanted to be here in the first place. I mean, sure, I'd love to have Kate Upton, but if she doesn't want me, so what, I've got an ol lady that wants to be there, and she ain't too shabby.