PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss has already pulled someone's scholarship this year

Pokerdawg44
12-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Quintavious Knight cb out of ga

http://247sports.com/Player/Quintavious-Knight-30294

How do they keep it under wraps? No article in CL?

Political Hack
12-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Uh oh... now the CL will have to write another article.***

I'll give someone 10-1 odds it doesn't happen.

Harrydawg
12-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Yep, happens every year....schools add and drop offers, and as long as players are recruited as young as they are now - it will happen even more often. The issue that disturbs me (in addition to the fact that it is news worthy) is the reaction of the Oxford coach, if he really is going to take this stance then he will alienate his program (and kids) from from many potential schollys......

scottycameron
12-15-2013, 12:56 PM
The problem we ran into is not so much dropping a guy. Happens all the time. The damage came from two things, #1 an in state guy. You can't do that. I thought everybody knew that, isn't it an unwritten rule, even as much the greyshirt option also? You don't do it to instate guys? The other not as important problem is the timing, it's a little late in the process. Those 2 things - instate and late are the problem. Not the dropping. We should have just honored it, probably less damage going ahead with the sign then the receive the black eye. Whoever we sign at DE instead better damn not be a bust. JMO.

dawgs
12-15-2013, 01:07 PM
It's not that late in the process though. He went camping this summer and he has plenty of time for OVs in January. It's not like Bama a year or 2 ago that dropped a kids offer like 2 days before signing day (he ended up at Arkansas but had to delay his signing for a few weeks after signing day).

Coach34
12-15-2013, 01:09 PM
The kids are allowed to drag it out until signing day and do all their hat fakes and shit- well, this is the other side of it.

BeastMan
12-15-2013, 01:12 PM
The problem we ran into is not so much dropping a guy. Happens all the time. The damage came from two things, #1 an in state guy. You can't do that. I thought everybody knew that, isn't it an unwritten rule, even as much the greyshirt option also? You don't do it to instate guys? The other not as important problem is the timing, it's a little late in the process. Those 2 things - instate and late are the problem. Not the dropping. We should have just honored it, probably less damage going ahead with the sign then the receive the black eye. Whoever we sign at DE instead better damn not be a bust. JMO.

Too much reason in this post.

If the Georgia Millitary coach went on record with a reporter blasting college coaches, it would make the paper period.

BeastMan
12-15-2013, 01:17 PM
The kids are allowed to drag it out until signing day and do all their hat fakes and shit- well, this is the other side of it.

While this is 100% the truth, 1 garners negative press and 1 doesn't. It's unfair but it's reality.

HancockCountyDog
12-15-2013, 03:06 PM
While this is 100% the truth, 1 garners negative press and 1 doesn't. It's unfair but it's reality.

I promise the bears will drop at least one player between now and signing day.

BeastMan
12-15-2013, 03:15 PM
I promise the bears will drop at least one player between now and signing day.

I don't doubt it. If he's instate, we will see if it gets covered

HancockCountyDog
12-15-2013, 03:21 PM
I don't doubt it. If he's instate, we will see if it gets covered

It will depend on the HS coach. We did the same thing last year with a WR from the coast, and the HS coach kept his mouth shut.

Political Hack
12-15-2013, 03:48 PM
It will depend on the HS coach. We did the same thing last year with a WR from the coast, and the HS coach kept his mouth shut.

that's a grades vs ability issue.

RougeDawg
12-15-2013, 05:21 PM
You have to be kidding. There's absolutely no way the righteous reverend lord almighty freezus would eer do such? And of he had, you know damn well the CL would have written an article about it right after. So there's no way this happened, there was no article. Case closed.**

99jc
12-15-2013, 05:25 PM
of their word.

Coach34
12-15-2013, 07:13 PM
The difference C34 is that an 18 Year old is fickled our coaches should be man of their word.

The world is a tough place for most. That's Football!!

The kid didnt develop like our staff hoped he would. The staff's jobs depend on recruiting the best players we can. The staff cacthes alot of shit about their recruiting all the time from their own fanbase- now their catching shit because they want to sign a better player?

**** that. Kids can continue to take trips, have their ass kissed, get money given to them, and still change their mind on you. If you want to be mad at someone- be mad at the NCAA. An early signing period would solve alot of these problems