PDA

View Full Version : Robert Smith just said he voted the following for the Heisman...

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 09:18 PM
1. Jameis Winston
2. Jordan Lynch
3. Tre Mason

Thoughts on him putting Jordan Lynch ahead of Mason, McCarron, and Manziel?

I'm sorry, but Lynch wouldn't have run for 1800 yards in a power conference. But can you hold that against him? I would have been happy he got invited to New York, but no chance in hell that guy would have been in my top 3 if I was a voter. I think he's a really good player though, no doubt. Just my two cents

gravedigger
12-14-2013, 09:33 PM
My thought is now and has been Robert smith is a ****ing idiot.

This would be perfectly in line with almost everything else he's ever said.

thunderclap
12-14-2013, 09:51 PM
He also said Michigan had too much for us in the gator bowl. He ain't all there.

hacker
12-14-2013, 11:27 PM
I think Jordan Lynch is fine for 2nd place. He obviously wouldn't win it because of the schedule, but to show him some respect and put him second with the kind of year he had is ok in my book.

SPMT
12-15-2013, 12:18 AM
He may have started drinking again.

TheDogFather
12-15-2013, 08:21 AM
You are confusing the heisman trophy with an award for the best player in college football.

SignalToNoise
12-15-2013, 12:11 PM
I get so tired of the "well he couldn't do it against better competition!" If he is only doing it because the competition sucks, then every other player in that conference should be doing it too. Why aren't they, if the defenses are so shitty?

Is it not possible he was a great talent overlooked by the bigger schools?

CadaverDawg
12-15-2013, 12:21 PM
I get so tired of the "well he couldn't do it against better competition!" If he is only doing it because the competition sucks, then every other player in that conference should be doing it too. Why aren't they, if the defenses are so shitty?

Is it not possible he was a great talent overlooked by the bigger schools?

Whoa....I am not saying he isn't a good talent that was overlooked by other big schools. I'm simply saying that if Lynch was playing in the SEC, ACC, etc...he would not have even been invited to New York. Nobody is denying his talent...but Heisman trophy? Don't confuse people thinking he shouldn't have been runner up to Winston for the Heisman, as people saying he's a talentless scrub. Dude is still good, but he benefitted from a weak conference and I don't think it is a stretch or unfair to say that.

After all, I think Steve McNair proved that you can be a bad ass at a small school and still be a legitimate Heisman trophy candidate. But I don't see lynch in the same league as McNair....and definitely not ahead of Manziel, McCarron, Mason, etc. still a talented player though. If northern Illinois hadn't been undefeated until the last week of the season...many wouldn't know who Jordan Lynch is, in my opinion.

hacker
12-15-2013, 04:23 PM
If northern Illinois hadn't been undefeated until the last week of the season...many wouldn't know who Jordan Lynch is, in my opinion.

Wut. That's precisely why he is so high up the list. Crazy stats and led the team to a really good season.

CadaverDawg
12-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Wut. That's precisely why he is so high up the list. Crazy stats and led the team to a really good season.

What I'm saying is, had they lost their one game earlier in the year...he wouldn't have gotten as much hype and people wouldn't know as much about him. He started gaining recognition when they got ranked so highly. If the one loss had happened early in the year instead of the last game, they wouldn't have been in BCS discussions and therefore he wouldn't have been talked about as much IMO.

missouridawg
12-15-2013, 05:46 PM
1. Jameis Winston
2. Jordan Lynch
3. Tre Mason

Thoughts on him putting Jordan Lynch ahead of Mason, McCarron, and Manziel?

I'm sorry, but Lynch wouldn't have run for 1800 yards in a power conference. But can you hold that against him? I would have been happy he got invited to New York, but no chance in hell that guy would have been in my top 3 if I was a voter. I think he's a really good player though, no doubt. Just my two cents

He's a big10 ***** who does big10 ***** things.