PDA

View Full Version : mack brown out at texas

bully99
12-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Freeze?

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 07:57 PM
I've got a hunch that it will be Jim Harbaugh.

I know that sounds nuts, but hear me out...

Texas wants to be Bama. They will not go for a spread offense coach or one that runs a gimmicky offense IMO. I think they want a pro style offense and hard nosed D, and Harbaugh's Stanford teams were the closest that we've seen to that in the college game lately in my opinion. Plus, Harbaugh is an attention whore.

Just a gut feeling

Coach34
12-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Highly doubt it. I give it a 25% chance at best. If Harbaugh had wanted to stay in college, he wouldnt have left. He would have had plenty of ops in college.

Most coaches hate recruiting- especially head coaches. Pro coaches like dealing with football all day- not recruiting, class schedules, etc....

bluelightstar
12-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Highly doubt it. I give it a 25% chance at best. If Harbaugh had wanted to stay in college, he wouldnt have left. He would have had plenty of ops in college.

Most coaches hate recruiting- especially head coaches. Pro coaches like dealing with football all day- not recruiting, class schedules, etc....

Agreed, if you're successful in the pros, there's no reason to go to college.

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 08:04 PM

I feel confident that it will be either a 0% chance or a 100% chance***

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Agreed, if you're successful in the pros, there's no reason to go to college.

An attention whore, big ego, that could take the biggest job in college football, get a piece of the Longhorn network, and make near 10 million a year? There's definitely a "reason" to go back to college. Not saying it will happen, but I don't think a lot of people realize just how much money, benefits, attention, and prestige that program has.

Coach34
12-14-2013, 08:06 PM
I feel confident that it will be either a 0% chance or a 100% chance***

I'm just saying there is a small chance Harbaugh would consider it- Saban didnt

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm just saying there is a small chance Harbaugh would consider it- Saban didnt

You're so hard headed...lighten up, I was messing with you

Quaoarsking
12-14-2013, 08:26 PM
It's gonna be Saban.

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 08:44 PM
It's gonna be Saban.

That would be epic. The meltdown in BammerLand would be incredible

Political Hack
12-14-2013, 09:28 PM
would be hilarious if it's Saban... and yes, I think it's still possible.

The huge problem Texas made was allowing everybody and their momma know that they were going to offer Saban $100M over 10 years. I was told that three years ago and then it came true... how the hell are they going to offer another coach, who's likely not worth that much, less now?

I think they're screwed. Saban or bust IMO.

Harrydawg
12-14-2013, 09:32 PM
After Jimbo wins the NC he will go to Texas.........

Goat Holder
12-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Malzahn

OurState
12-14-2013, 11:09 PM
That would be epic. The meltdown in BammerLand would be incredible

Bama should pay Saban whatever he wants. Even if it is 20mm a year. First, he is worth that (to them). Second, if he leaves now the AD gets fired and his achievements become mythologized. Let him have an 8 wins Eason or two, but losing him now would be death to his replacement and the AD who hired him.

hacker
12-14-2013, 11:25 PM
I don't think Jim Harbaugh would have any interest in that job. He was in the damn Super Bowl last year, so not like he's struggling in the NFL.

Todd4State
12-14-2013, 11:34 PM
If Gary Kubiak wasn't an A&M alum, I would suggest him as a candidate. I bet they end up with James Franklin.

bully99
12-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Kind of interesting Tim Brando tweeted that Mack Brown only stepped down after he knew Saban wasn't going to replace him.

hacker
12-15-2013, 01:26 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000297166/article/jim-harbaugh-on-texas-job-are-you-trying-to-be-funny

CadaverDawg
12-15-2013, 01:41 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000297166/article/jim-harbaugh-on-texas-job-are-you-trying-to-be-funny

I saw that before I even guessed at Harbaugh. I don't take anything from that article. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Saban still ended up there. Coaches lie all the time until the position is officially open. It's not like Harbaugh would have said, "well..I would love to take it if they'll just can Mack's ass". He had to say what he said, just like Saban did since Mack had not announced his resigning when Saban made his statement yesterday.

Again, not saying it will happen...but I have a gut feeling that it could.

RichardHarrow
12-15-2013, 01:56 AM
I could see James Franklin going to Texas. I love what he has done at Vanderbilt, I really like the guy, and considering what he has done...At Vanderbilt... it is obvious that other schools will look at him. But will he leave? He is pulling in good recruits, he is beating teams that are traditionally SEC powerhouses (GA, TN, FL) and Vanderbilt has the money to keep him there. The only negative I can find about his job is the lack of a fan base, and they were pissed about their bowl situation and have proven that they can purchase enough bowl tickets to justify sending them to a good bowl. I believe that Vandy has sold more tickets to the BBVA compass bowl than the two teams in the Gator bowl have sold combined.
Either he feels like he has invested enough into that program that he feels confident enough to stay there and see it through, or he bolts and is a coach somewhere else that puts him in a position to be very elite and play for a national championship

Coach34
12-15-2013, 01:58 AM
They are gonna get a 7th-8th choice coach like Malzahn or James Franklin

DownwardDawg
12-15-2013, 07:31 AM
I could see James Franklin going to Texas. I love what he has done at Vanderbilt, I really like the guy, and considering what he has done...At Vanderbilt... it is obvious that other schools will look at him. But will he leave? He is pulling in good recruits, he is beating teams that are traditionally SEC powerhouses (GA, TN, FL) and Vanderbilt has the money to keep him there. The only negative I can find about his job is the lack of a fan base, and they were pissed about their bowl situation and have proven that they can purchase enough bowl tickets to justify sending them to a good bowl. I believe that Vandy has sold more tickets to the BBVA compass bowl than the two teams in the Gator bowl have sold combined.
Either he feels like he has invested enough into that program that he feels confident enough to stay there and see it through, or he bolts and is a coach somewhere else that puts him in a position to be very elite and play for a national championship

He will leave at the 1st decent opportunity. Zero fan support and overal apathy in the Vandy program. He's been interviewing.

MaroonMike
12-15-2013, 09:31 AM
What about Dabo Swinney?

DownwardDawg
12-15-2013, 09:55 AM
What about Dabo Swinney?

Meh....Not sure he is a big enough name. This is Texas we're talking about.

Goat Holder
12-15-2013, 10:23 AM

See what through? He's already gone 8-4 twice at Vanderbilt, I'd say that's about the pinnacle. It's simple....they better pay him.

AROB44
12-15-2013, 10:28 AM
They are gonna get a 7th-8th choice coach like Malzahn or James Franklin

That would be hilarious......the Aubies would absolutely self destruct. Would be wonderful to see.

Covercorner2
12-15-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm probably in the minority, but I just don't know if Franklin is "proven" enough yet. What is his "signature" win? And we all know how weak Vandy's scheduling has been. Plus he's an East Coast guy. There's a reason no one has hired him yet, IMO.